More exhaust fumes than usual 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: More exhaust fumes than usual
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:13 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: Ford Falcon FG F6

WA, Australia

Hey guys just started to notice in the past week that my car is giving off a bit more exhaust than usual and once I hit a red light I can smell exhaust fumes. Trying to figure out y. The car drives exceptional still and doesnt seem to have any problems.
My only guess is that when I got my custom tune done it was just before summer and now that the weather is getting cooler/ here in Perth the weather seems colder than usual at this time of the year, so ecu is trying to adjust for the cold air. Which could possibly make the car run a bit rich until it adjusts for air/fuel ratio. Any Ideas?

08 FG F6 #326. 4" Xforce exhaust turbo back with mid muffler delete, 1000cc injectors, 20% Underdrives, Stage 2 intercooler and piping, Stage 2 gear box, Upgraded flex plate, upgraded transcooler, upgraded fuel pump, Streetfighter air intake, cooler thermostate, SCT tune at 20psi at 406rwkw

Post subject: Re: More exhaust fumes than usual
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 40 images

Ride: EF GLi/Ghia bitsa

VIC, Australia

do you have any exhaust leaks?

Gab

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:05 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

not sure! how would I find out? is there something I can do or take it to a shop

08 FG F6 #326. 4" Xforce exhaust turbo back with mid muffler delete, 1000cc injectors, 20% Underdrives, Stage 2 intercooler and piping, Stage 2 gear box, Upgraded flex plate, upgraded transcooler, upgraded fuel pump, Streetfighter air intake, cooler thermostate, SCT tune at 20psi at 406rwkw

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

SA, Australia

put it on some ramps or over a pit, start it up, crawl underneath. If it has a leak you should be able to hear / feel with your hand (maybe even see if its cold) the leak. Look around flanges, exhaust manifold, pretty well everywhere on the exhaust system.

This might sound like an odd thing to say but what is your boot seal like? Ever noticed when you carry something big and have the boot half open you'll smell exhaust - the exhaust will , in the low pressure area at the rear of the car, work its way back into the car....a damaged boot seal will do the same thing.

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:05 am 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

Hmmm didnt think of that! But I guess its possible. Will have it serviced soon so will check with any leaks or problems with seals at the same time. Keep the comments coming as this could help someone else out one day. When I get it checked out and find whats up I will post. Thanks for the comments so far guys!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]