Fordmods Logo

motor vibration 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: motor vibration
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 51

Posts: 158

Joined: 25th Dec 2010

Ride: 1995 EF Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

EF Falcon
Motor has just started vibrating when at the lights with foot on the brake, take off and it stops, pull up at the next set of lights and its vibrating again.
either than that its driving fine..
Harmonic balancer?
car has been giving me the s**t lately if its not one thing its something else.

 

_________________

South Australia.. Heaps good.

Last edited by chris sieclay on Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: motor vibration
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 4599

Joined: 30th Aug 2010

Ride: BF XR6,

Location: NEWCASTLE
NSW, Australia

could be an engine mount

 

_________________

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: motor vibration
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 51

Posts: 158

Joined: 25th Dec 2010

Ride: 1995 EF Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

bry40l wrote:
could be an engine mount


Nah its not ive checked, my mate has my timing light and p****d off on holidays last week. er... great timing. might have to go to the mechanic and get him to check it out.

 

_________________

South Australia.. Heaps good.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: motor vibration
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 4599

Joined: 30th Aug 2010

Ride: BF XR6,

Location: NEWCASTLE
NSW, Australia

the car is ef which means it has coil packs so you cant adjust the timing on it anyway maybe change the plugs and clean the idle motor on top of the throttlebody

 

_________________

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: motor vibration
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:33 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 51

Posts: 158

Joined: 25th Dec 2010

Ride: 1995 EF Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

bry40l wrote:
the car is ef which means it has coil packs so you cant adjust the timing on it anyway maybe change the plugs and clean the idle motor on top of the throttlebody


this engine doesnt have coil packs, it is an EF motor though but timing is adjustable.. actually i dont know the cars history i bought it off the cash and trade guy next door to my work, it was pretty clean and he only wanted his money back, he loaned 700 bucks on it and the guy defaulted.
But it could be the harmonic balancer right, far as i know when they are knackered they cause vibration.
I'll check out around the throttle body too as you suggested.

 

_________________

South Australia.. Heaps good.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: motor vibration
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 66

Posts: 2548

Joined: 18th Mar 2006

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

chris sieclay wrote:
bry40l wrote:
the car is ef which means it has coil packs so you cant adjust the timing on it anyway maybe change the plugs and clean the idle motor on top of the throttlebody


this engine doesnt have coil packs, it is an EF motor though but timing is adjustable.. actually i dont know the cars history i bought it off the cash and trade guy next door to my work, it was pretty clean and he only wanted his money back, he loaned 700 bucks on it and the guy defaulted.
But it could be the harmonic balancer right, far as i know when they are knackered they cause vibration.
I'll check out around the throttle body too as you suggested.

DO A ERROR CODE CHECK,dieing tfi or crank angle sensor,coil

 

_________________

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: motor vibration
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:54 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 60

Posts: 6817

Joined: 22nd Jun 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

Location: Campbelltown
NSW, Australia

Engine mount.

Drivers side, under the exhaust manifold. Check to see if the mount body has clearnace off the base. The oil filled mounts on EF will fail and the mount will drop so the 2 metal section will touch. Feels good when driving but vibrates like a b**ch at idle.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: motor vibration
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 51

Posts: 158

Joined: 25th Dec 2010

Ride: 1995 EF Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

SWC wrote:
Engine mount.

Drivers side, under the exhaust manifold. Check to see if the mount body has clearnace off the base. The oil filled mounts on EF will fail and the mount will drop so the 2 metal section will touch. Feels good when driving but vibrates like a b**ch at idle.


Well bry40l suggested that, and it seemed ok, damn i'll go take a closer look.

 

_________________

South Australia.. Heaps good.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: motor vibration
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:16 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 60

Posts: 6817

Joined: 22nd Jun 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

Location: Campbelltown
NSW, Australia

They look normal till you have a close look and then you see the metal touching.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: motor vibration
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:26 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 51

Posts: 158

Joined: 25th Dec 2010

Ride: 1995 EF Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

SWC wrote:
They look normal till you have a close look and then you see the metal touching.


lol you're both right it is the mount, it looked ok untill i got a block of wood and my trailer jack and moved it a little.. Yeah its collapsed. thanks guys.

 

_________________

South Australia.. Heaps good.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Facebook [Bot], Google [Bot] and 35 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:02 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names