Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

Jova wrote:
4.0L I6 wrote:
Jova wrote:
DO NOT GET A CANNON FOR A FORD OMG! If you want a cannon then go buy a Honda so that it goes as good as it sounds.
Also, everyone in this thread is saying just how awesome their 2.5" redback cat-backs are. I just got quoted $470 for one including the tips and installation. It has 2 mufflers but the guys was saying how the front muffler has a resonator inside and that the rear muffler has 2 resonators. Will this still sound the same way everyone is describing it? Nice on the idle and tough at WOT?

yeah they are tops mate (: but i got a high flow cat chucked in with mine for 480 fitted without it of course. left it off incase the boys in blue. but overall if i could get a Lukey i would. Lukey's are by far the best :D

Thanks mate. Do Lukey's just sound a lot tougher? So buy just running the 2.5" Redback cat-back (I'll try see if they do Lukey) will I get that low rumble at cruise and that nice deep grunt when I give it some?

It will have a nice exhaust note, but nothing beats the full system. If you want the best, you have to pay $$. If you can only afford cheap at first, then do so. You can always add onto it to give it more power, but also give it a different note. Remember, what you do with your car, is always an extension of yourself :wink:

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Post subject: Re: Mufflers
Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:45 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL Fairmont

QLD, Australia

X-FORCE exhausts

Current ride 2007
ML GLX Dualcab Triton 4x4

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

fairlane6970 wrote:
My muffler guy told me the best thing about Fords is that cannons don't fit!

Was thinking the exact same thing, until I saw one on an AU XLS trayback. Facepalm was not enough.

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
fairlane6970 wrote:
My muffler guy told me the best thing about Fords is that cannons don't fit!

Was thinking the exact same thing, until I saw one on an AU XLS trayback. Facepalm was not enough.

Where theres a will theres a wanker I suppose!

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:59 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: '07 BF XR6 MKII

VIC, Australia

TheKrazeD wrote:
Jova wrote:
4.0L I6 wrote:
Jova wrote:
DO NOT GET A CANNON FOR A FORD OMG! If you want a cannon then go buy a Honda so that it goes as good as it sounds.
Also, everyone in this thread is saying just how awesome their 2.5" redback cat-backs are. I just got quoted $470 for one including the tips and installation. It has 2 mufflers but the guys was saying how the front muffler has a resonator inside and that the rear muffler has 2 resonators. Will this still sound the same way everyone is describing it? Nice on the idle and tough at WOT?

yeah they are tops mate (: but i got a high flow cat chucked in with mine for 480 fitted without it of course. left it off incase the boys in blue. but overall if i could get a Lukey i would. Lukey's are by far the best :D

Thanks mate. Do Lukey's just sound a lot tougher? So buy just running the 2.5" Redback cat-back (I'll try see if they do Lukey) will I get that low rumble at cruise and that nice deep grunt when I give it some?

It will have a nice exhaust note, but nothing beats the full system. If you want the best, you have to pay $$. If you can only afford cheap at first, then do so. You can always add onto it to give it more power, but also give it a different note. Remember, what you do with your car, is always an extension of yourself :wink:

Well once I figure out a way that I can fix my 2nd o2 sensor problem without having to spend over a grand then ill get extractors, straight through pipe and high flow cat

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:32 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: 1999 AU Falcon

VIC, Australia

Jova wrote:
4.0L I6 wrote:
Jova wrote:

no worries man. i definitely know that Redback's and Lukey's are best on the E-Series. but for B-series ive only ever heard 1 with a lukey. was effing loud but very very meaty with a nice growl under normal cruising and with the foot down... all i can say is that it was insane ;) haha.
if you splash out say $400 or more you'll definitely get what you want :D but there's also plenty of different combo's of mufflers and sizes. so have a ball mate.

99 AU Falcon Forte in Galaxy Blue. Stock as a rock atm. Future Mods; Full sports exhaust, cam upgrade.

"Holden" - Australia's Most Widely Used Warning Label.

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:38 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: '07 BF XR6 MKII

VIC, Australia

4.0L I6 wrote:
Jova wrote:
4.0L I6 wrote:
Jova wrote:

no worries man. i definitely know that Redback's and Lukey's are best on the E-Series. but for B-series ive only ever heard 1 with a lukey. was effing loud but very very meaty with a nice growl under normal cruising and with the foot down... all i can say is that it was insane ;) haha.
if you splash out say $400 or more you'll definitely get what you want :D but there's also plenty of different combo's of mufflers and sizes. so have a ball mate.

Well the place that I went to said $470 with the chrome tips and installations and it'll be a 2.5" Redback with singe resonator in the muffler at the rear and twin resonator at the front muffler which then goes into a twin tip. What ever they meant by that? Is that good?

Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:06 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: 1999 AU Falcon

VIC, Australia

Jova wrote:
4.0L I6 wrote:
Jova wrote:
4.0L I6 wrote:
Jova wrote:

Well the place that I went to said $470 with the chrome tips and installations and it'll be a 2.5" Redback with singe resonator in the muffler at the rear and twin resonator at the front muffler which then goes into a twin tip. What ever they meant by that? Is that good?
thats not a half bad price considering its installation as well. i paid all up just under $500 for a catback with a single muffler and a resinator at the rear. sounds just right. if it has 2 mufflers and or to many resinators.. then take one off atleast or else it'll be too quiet. but you dont want any drone either. mine's just a little over street legal but i have'nt had a problem with the cops. drone free. your's is also alot later model to. there all different. just try it out mate. all you can do.

99 AU Falcon Forte in Galaxy Blue. Stock as a rock atm. Future Mods; Full sports exhaust, cam upgrade.

"Holden" - Australia's Most Widely Used Warning Label.

Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

bwadleigh wrote:
Any opinions????

Image nuff said

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

LOL! :lol: :D :) :P 8-) 8-)

i had that as my computer background for a while. makes me laugh everytime

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:24 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 97 EL Fairmont & 92 Ford Eb

VIC, Australia

Jova wrote:
4.0L I6 wrote:
Jova wrote:

My Eb has, Pacemaker extractors, high flow cat, 2.5 redback one muffler & 3''dump tip, Sweetest roar in the world and a beefy cruise note. sort of sounds v8ish lol. too bad my baby got written off today :(..oh well they will b goin onto the other car! :D
But yes, 2.5 redback with high flow cat = nice. paceys= top it off

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

FordESeriesPride wrote:
Jova wrote:
4.0L I6 wrote:
Jova wrote:

My Eb has, Pacemaker extractors, high flow cat, 2.5 redback one muffler & 3''dump tip, Sweetest roar in the world and a beefy cruise note. sort of sounds v8ish lol. too bad my baby got written off today :(..oh well they will b goin onto the other car! :D
But yes, 2.5 redback with high flow cat = nice. paceys= top it off

sweetest roar in the world? almost V8ish? LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

how bout no

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:04 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

it gurgles awesomely maybe not v8ish bcz only a 6 only makes sense but gurgles and sounds mint so how bout yes to sexiness :shock:

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Well I was gonna say something! V8ish! indeed :lol: :lol: you can only dream :D

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:55 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

yeh never can be spot on v8ish, but has the nice gurgle and back firing when u take ur foot off the pedal..sounds very mint lol..then again it all comes down to ur personal taste :D

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 5  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next