QLD, Australia

Any opinions????

Post subject: Re: Mufflers
Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:40 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 2008 BFII Fairmont Ghia

NSW, Australia

yeah, it looks and will sound like a wet s**t f@rt
get a 2.5 inch system single muffler mounted before the diff. cannons, are a good way of wasting money and making your car into a piece of s**t. the only thing they are good for is a bolt on noise maker for nannas mirage.

Rocky AKA The Tractor- ED Gli head+cam 3.7 limo 2x15' subs - gone but not forgotten
RED-JET - BFII Fairmont Ghia - Under Construction...
Rambo - NCII Fairlane Ghia 5.0l - just a daily runaround...

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:58 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ford falcon

ACT, Australia

I agree, cannons are no good unless you want your car sounding like a pesky skyline or wrx.............or worse.
When it comes to mufflers/ exhausts it pays to do your research. I guess it all depends on what it is your trying to achieve and how much your willing to spend. On my 5.0 I have pacemaker heads, twin magnaflow cats merged into a single 3 inch system that hooks over and finishes at the diff running a redback muffler. Sounds good at idol with a nice roar when I plant the foot and its never bothered the boys in blue either. I am however thinking of swapping the red back muffler with a magnaflow muffler.

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

Cannons are gay and sound like s**t. I have extractors . Hotdog after the cat then muffler then I have it dumped at the diff cos my exhaust used to rattle on my diff. It sounds good

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

your joking right? it's a s**t cannon. if you want one go buy a rice burner and fit it to that

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

hunt3r wrote:
get a 2.5 inch system single muffler mounted before the diff. cannons, are a good way of wasting money and making your car into a piece of s**t. the only thing they are good for is a bolt on noise maker for nannas mirage.

Hahahaha funniest s**t I've read this morning!! Cheers mate

To the OP. I suggest getting full exhaust system with 2.5" or 3" redback tips. Has a nice quiet rumble whilst idling, but like someone said, once you plant it, she f**k roars like a motherF**ker

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:25 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 93 eb2 falcon

QLD, Australia

TheKrazeD wrote:
hunt3r wrote:

Hahahaha funniest s**t I've read this morning!! Cheers mate

To the OP. I suggest getting full exhaust system with 2.5" or 3" redback tips. Has a nice quiet rumble whilst idling, but like someone said, once you plant it, she f**k roars like a motherF**ker

+1
i have a 2.5" catback, redback systerm on my eb, couldnt be happier!

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:32 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: 1999 AU Falcon

VIC, Australia

can tell you that i haven't regretted splashing out on a 2.5" redback catback. has a low beefy growl when pushed but also has a meaty cruise note. idle it sounds mint. just a bit over street legal i think. 1 muffler and a resinator at the rear with a stainless oval tip ;) worked out great.

99 AU Falcon Forte in Galaxy Blue. Stock as a rock atm. Future Mods; Full sports exhaust, cam upgrade.

"Holden" - Australia's Most Widely Used Warning Label.

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

You should sell your BA and get a Lancer i think

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

SICK MATE SUBWOOFER LOL

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:35 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: '07 BF XR6 MKII

VIC, Australia

DO NOT GET A CANNON FOR A FORD OMG! If you want a cannon then go buy a Honda so that it goes as good as it sounds.
Also, everyone in this thread is saying just how awesome their 2.5" redback cat-backs are. I just got quoted $470 for one including the tips and installation. It has 2 mufflers but the guys was saying how the front muffler has a resonator inside and that the rear muffler has 2 resonators. Will this still sound the same way everyone is describing it? Nice on the idle and tough at WOT?

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

My muffler guy told me the best thing about Fords is that cannons don't fit! as he was fitting one to a ricer stocky. the further fwd you mount the muffler the better the sound that is why they sound like "wet f@rt".
My NF 5.0 has Advance headers to 2.5" stainless sports cats then to single 3" with one small Redback muffler, I bought the system 2nd hand and got it fitted cost about a grand fitted incl. new cats, but it idles nice'n'throaty but when you plant it it really barks :twisted: and who cares about droning it's too loud to hear it ! :lol:

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

fairlane6970 wrote:
My muffler guy told me the best thing about Fords is that cannons don't fit! as he was fitting one to a ricer stocky. the further fwd you mount the muffler the better the sound that is why they sound like "wet f@rt".
My NF 5.0 has Advance headers to 2.5" stainless sports cats then to single 3" with one small Redback muffler, I bought the system 2nd hand and got it fitted cost about a grand fitted incl. new cats, but it idles nice'n'throaty but when you plant it it really barks :twisted: and who cares about droning it's too loud to hear it ! :lol:

I had extractors and a hi-flow cat. Dont know about resonators though lol ^.^ I like mine sounding like an animal. should hear the combustion as i'm dropping gears coming into lights hahaha

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:19 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: 1999 AU Falcon

VIC, Australia

Jova wrote:
DO NOT GET A CANNON FOR A FORD OMG! If you want a cannon then go buy a Honda so that it goes as good as it sounds.
Also, everyone in this thread is saying just how awesome their 2.5" redback cat-backs are. I just got quoted $470 for one including the tips and installation. It has 2 mufflers but the guys was saying how the front muffler has a resonator inside and that the rear muffler has 2 resonators. Will this still sound the same way everyone is describing it? Nice on the idle and tough at WOT?

yeah they are tops mate (: but i got a high flow cat chucked in with mine for 480 fitted without it of course. left it off incase the boys in blue. but overall if i could get a Lukey i would. Lukey's are by far the best :D

99 AU Falcon Forte in Galaxy Blue. Stock as a rock atm. Future Mods; Full sports exhaust, cam upgrade.

"Holden" - Australia's Most Widely Used Warning Label.

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:11 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: '07 BF XR6 MKII

VIC, Australia

4.0L I6 wrote:
Jova wrote:

yeah they are tops mate (: but i got a high flow cat chucked in with mine for 480 fitted without it of course. left it off incase the boys in blue. but overall if i could get a Lukey i would. Lukey's are by far the best :D

Thanks mate. Do Lukey's just sound a lot tougher? So buy just running the 2.5" Redback cat-back (I'll try see if they do Lukey) will I get that low rumble at cruise and that nice deep grunt when I give it some?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 5  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next