Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: My baby came alive
Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

With great nervousnous, I finally started the EA after head-gasket replacement (and like 100 problems along the way as some of you might know). It kicked over and came to life. Now I just ran it long enough to bleed the cooling system and top it up. I didn't have the air filter in yet, just the bottom half of the tennis raquet. The whole time, it was reving at about 1150 rpm. Is this because the computer is learning. Also, the hot air duct pipe is broken and I didn't have it in, that also could have been the reason as it could not warm up enough. One more thing, I noticed a fine gas of some type coming from the mesh circle on the bottom tennis raquet, is this normal? There wasn't much of it.

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR6

WA, Australia

Hmmm not 100% sure what the problem would be. Was it still reving high once the cooling system had been completely run through and refilled? I had to do a head job on my xf once, when i put it back together i just wanted to see if it would run for a couple of seconds (hadn't put any coolant in yet). Started it up and it ran like a sack of s**t. For the irst minute was reving high as, then all of a sudden it just started spluttering and carrying on. After refilling the coolant no problems!

What do you mean the hot air duct pipe btw? Do you mean the pipe which comes from the top of your exhaust manifold into your egr valve? Because if that's the case i don't think it will run right at all

5spd Heritage Green EL XR6. Wheels by ROH. Stereo by Clarion. Exhaust by Pacemaker & Lukey. Suspension by Whiteline, Durashock and K-Mac.

Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:19 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

hey smiley235. good to see u got the EA up and running =D. well i guess u gotta let the ECU learn at the moment since it hasnt been used for a while. but i dont know what ur talking about the other stuff sorry =(

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:16 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Good for you, did it take alot of work?

Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

yeh it took alot of work. The biggest problem was lack of tools. (I was averaging 2 trips to repco/day). And a few things broke along the way. Anyway, i've got everything back on, realised I had a vacuum hose lose, and like phongus pointed out, the computer has learnt now, at first, it was running rough as guts and pinging if the revs were too high but now it's running smooth as ice. I'll drive her in for about a week to make sure nothing happens. *worries about timing chain* And thanks to all those at FORDMODS who gave me awesome advice each painful step of the way. :)

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ea falcon

VIC, Australia

good to hear you got it goin dude parts are nice and cheap for the old EA 6 banger.

EB XR6 project almost complete!

Soon on road with pics!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]