EF Ghia 5L V8
BAMk2 XR8 Velocity/Cobra 19's

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

boost is easy power.. making big power with NA.. now thats an achievemant.. 200rwkw would be awesome..

Post subject: Re: N/A intake manifolds
Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

raff-26 wrote:
skidder wrote:
raff-26 wrote:
tetgreg888 wrote:
Need info on intake manifold BA 4.0l is there a good after market manifold or do I just get the standard one match ported and polished. I`m looking at finding more rwkw ( like everyone else ) Done cams underdriver exhaust and an getting head work done now also have modified CAI but still can`t crack 200 + rwkw. Just want to do something different and keep it N/A.

mate, trade it in and pay a few more grand and get an early XRTurbo (manual) then I'd say u will just about have you 200 at the treads, reliable power too. Then spend the Money that would would have spent on the N/A, on the aggressive Cam's, decent exhaust, headwork....should pull her close to 230rwkw I'd say.

real constructive advice :roll:

try reading the first post, more specifically the last sentence of the first post.
Sorry Skid, did'nt know everyone had to agree with each post that I send it....some of the stuff u have written has been similar- please dont ask me to ferret through ya posts and give you an example.. :wink:

haha, you make the assumption i dont agree with you!

probably was inconsiderate of me though...

"Just want to do something different and keep it N/A."

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:17 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: AU 6

VIC, Australia

everyone has a xr6 turbo, better to see something different unique and also its what it means to ya! you've put a wod of cash into it just keep going, Xr6 t= the next Vl turbo's cruising shopping centre carparks.

ALso Croydon Racing claim 20rwkw i think from memory with there in Na6 manifold look into them!!

Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

You could adjust the BBM so the butterflies open 100% and not 85-90% after you port the manifold. I have done this mod and noticed a small but noticeable improvement.

Once you adjust it you can physically tell by the engine response that it has switched to the short runners. You feel a larger power surge. Before it was very smooth, very hard to tell (ford engineers probably made it like this to keep the engine response smooth during wide open throttle).

97 EL Fairmont 4l OHC .Silver.
Exhaust: Pacemaker's, 2.5" exhaust and Hiflow cat
Intake: FRAM AIRHOG , EL GT snorkel
XR6 300kpa fuel reg Stg 2 Auto Shift Kit.6DJA ECU
PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

^^ very interesting!.. i will check it out!

Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

Get a 3" exhaust. I dont care what ppl say its proven superior on "WORKED" 4L's

ED Fairmont, Ghia mock DOHC-T 11.6 @ 118 Trying to get back to the 1/4!

Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

edfairmont4.0 wrote:
someones "opened up a can of worms" in one hand and "opened up pandoras box" in the other..

Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

with that butterfly mod that was done ^^^, did you dyno/take it to the strip before and after? or going by the seat-of-the-pants-o-meter?

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

nicco wrote:
with that butterfly mod that was done ^^^, did you dyno/take it to the strip before and after? or going by the seat-of-the-pants-o-meter?

seat-of-the-pants-o-meter, I got the info for this mod from a bloke of another forum...

Here is his N/A falcon
http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b229/ ... d87d4e.flv

97 EL Fairmont 4l OHC .Silver.
Exhaust: Pacemaker's, 2.5" exhaust and Hiflow cat
Intake: FRAM AIRHOG , EL GT snorkel
XR6 300kpa fuel reg Stg 2 Auto Shift Kit.6DJA ECU
PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:34 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

edfairmont4.0 wrote:

Full 3inch system from the CAT back . I know a place that does a 3inch system then once its over the Diff change it to 2.5inch apparently it stops any droning.

Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

im running a 3" from the extractors all the way till the end, doesnt droan... but it did with a stock standard motor.

ED Fairmont, Ghia mock DOHC-T 11.6 @ 118 Trying to get back to the 1/4!

Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

tetgreg888 wrote:
edfairmont4.0 wrote:

Full 3inch system from the CAT back . I know a place that does a 3inch system then once its over the Diff change it to 2.5inch apparently it stops any droning.

you would be better off running either a 2.5in system the whole way or a 3in the whole way with resonator if you find it drones.

the whole reason most people run 2.5in over 3in is because the exhaust gas velocity is kept higher, meaning the exhaust is hotter going through mufflers/resi's (hotter gas is lighter, easier for the engine to push....its true that it also occupies more volume when hotter, but the mass difference between hot and cold gas outweighs this difference).

I haven't figured out optimal flow rates between 2.5 and 3in for an i6 engine, but its a safe bet to say you will gain up top with a 3in but lose a little down low. In saying this, quality of mufflers will most likely have more of an impact lol.....

ohh..but with going from a 3in back to a 2.5in 2/3 of the way along...i think you would be better going with a 2.5in the whole way and a 3in muffler if you were so concerned about the flow (otherwise when you go back to 2.5in you are forcing slower (and cooler/heavier) gasses to accelerate requiring more energy)

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 1:07 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

skidder wrote:
tetgreg888 wrote:
edfairmont4.0 wrote:

you would be better off running either a 2.5in system the whole way or a 3in the whole way with resonator if you find it drones.

the whole reason most people run 2.5in over 3in is because the exhaust gas velocity is kept higher, meaning the exhaust is hotter going through mufflers/resi's (hotter gas is lighter, easier for the engine to push....its true that it also occupies more volume when hotter, but the mass difference between hot and cold gas outweighs this difference).

I haven't figured out optimal flow rates between 2.5 and 3in for an i6 engine, but its a safe bet to say you will gain up top with a 3in but lose a little down low. In saying this, quality of mufflers will most likely have more of an impact lol.....

ohh..but with going from a 3in back to a 2.5in 2/3 of the way along...i think you would be better going with a 2.5in the whole way and a 3in muffler if you were so concerned about the flow (otherwise when you go back to 2.5in you are forcing slower (and cooler/heavier) gasses to accelerate requiring more energy)

Thanks for that I might do the 3inch system and try it out. Hopefully changing diff to 3.7 should help any bottom end problems. Get the power to the ground a bit quicker than the stock diff I have now, Also might look more into Stall Converters but I have heard can cause problems sometimes with the ECU

Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:28 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 13.41 @ 102mph

QLD, Australia

Put a GT system on yours mate , with no other changes but my airbox i went from 14.6 with 2 1/2 " to 14 flat with the 3.15"total surface area twin system.
You know where to find my videos so make up your own mind , if i run quicker next month with NO zorst i will be very surprised HAPPY but surprised ...cheers . :roll:

i am a banned wanker!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next