Fordmods Logo

N/A intake manifolds 

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: N/A intake manifolds
Posted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:50 am 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

Need info on intake manifold BA 4.0l is there a good after market manifold or do I just get the standard one match ported and polished. I`m looking at finding more rwkw ( like everyone else ) Done cams underdriver exhaust and an getting head work done now also have modified CAI but still can`t crack 200 + rwkw. Just want to do something different and keep it N/A.

Posted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged BA XL ute

QLD, Australia

Head work is where you'l find a bit more a different plenum might upset bottom end power.
Custom tune?

BA XL ute.
P'maker headers',Hi flow cat,3" sports sytem,
Raptor V-clutched lightweight not intercooled,no tranny cooler,no worries.

Posted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:38 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: AU 6

VIC, Australia

Simple answer NOS, not that hard to setup, then get your car tuned for it. Lots of guys cant crack the 200rwkw with a N/a ba 6 and they have same mods as you. Your looking at a 2-3k for a new manifold, check out Croydon Racing developments! Or Nizpros plenums, if it were me i wouldnt bother for a little over 1k with Nos you'l safely punch out 40hp- 50 gain! comfortable, One guy NoSXR his punching out over 250rwkw with his Xr6, think his running a 50-75hp shot Nos system

Posted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:28 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: bf xr8, rmz 450 07

Power: 244 rwkw

QLD, Australia

how much to set up nos for bf xr8 and wat are the chances of hurting the donk

www.bseries.com.au/kyle173

Posted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:10 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: AU 6

VIC, Australia

depends what you wanna do, my friend has been playing with Nos on his El for a bit now, he believes through his testing his motor will hold a 50 shot before it decides to melt anything lol, its currently running a 25hp shot which is minimal yeah but sees good gains once tuned proper.
Nos isnt for everyone you gotta remember theres a highly explosive Bottle in your boot, plus the risks of authorities, if you can get away with it do it.

Either way $800-1200 gets you everything you need then aloow for tuning 7-800

Posted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

Nos is no longer NA.

Nizpro plenums are only good for Turbo set ups, I'd be looking at match porting the manifold for a minor gain.

just out of curiosity, how far off the 200 rwkw mark are you?

Alot of Ba 6's with an exhaust are making near on 190-200 rwhp, Also depends how agressive the cams are, and where they make power too.

What sort of exhaust are you running? Maybe an area you may want to look at.

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

yep.. NOS is "forced-not NA...

keep the butterflies.. as that aides low down torque.. but match porting it will definatly help.. and mayby a larger throttlebody if chasing every last killowatt.. do you have a flash tune??

Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

VIC, Australia

manual? :P

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:10 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

Yes sorry guys I am running stage 2 Crow Cams, Underdriver, 4495 headers, 2.5inch High flow CAT, 2.5 inch single system Lower CAI and have a custom tune apart from that its stock. I`m looking at some head work and more aggressive Cam`s and also getting the stock manifold ported and polished and a larger TB it`s got the 4 spd auto and I`ve heard stallies don`t always want to work (sometimes the ECU cuts it back to LHM) and I`m upgrading the Diff to 3.7 LSD from stock open wheeler
I know that the diff and stallie wont help to much in rwkw gain just get the power to the ground quicker and effects top end speed I`m getting 178rwkw now
but that also depends on which Dyno I run it on too

Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

I'd still be looking at a but of match porting withe the BBM, also a bit of port work too. I'd defiantely be going too, or seeking the advice of Bluepower, CMS. Redcliffe Dyno or possibly Mick Webb to see what they have to say, rough price and what you might be able to achieve.

More power is good, but it has to be realistic power too. 200rwkw out of a BA 6 would be incredibe too, A big set of cams would near on come close. :D

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Post subject: Re: N/A intake manifolds
Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

tetgreg888 wrote:
Need info on intake manifold BA 4.0l is there a good after market manifold or do I just get the standard one match ported and polished. I`m looking at finding more rwkw ( like everyone else ) Done cams underdriver exhaust and an getting head work done now also have modified CAI but still can`t crack 200 + rwkw. Just want to do something different and keep it N/A.

mate, trade it in and pay a few more grand and get an early XRTurbo (manual) then I'd say u will just about have you 200 at the treads, reliable power too. Then spend the Money that would would have spent on the N/A, on the aggressive Cam's, decent exhaust, headwork....should pull her close to 230rwkw I'd say.

EF Ghia 5L V8
BAMk2 XR8 Velocity/Cobra 19's

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

raff-26 wrote:
tetgreg888 wrote:

mate, trade it in and pay a few more grand and get an early XRTurbo (manual) then I'd say u will just about have you 200 at the treads, reliable power too. Then spend the Money that would would have spent on the N/A, on the aggressive Cam's, decent exhaust, headwork....should pull her close to 230rwkw I'd say.

real constructive advice :roll:

try reading the first post, more specifically the last sentence of the first post.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged BA XL ute

QLD, Australia

Yeah they just don't get it.

BA XL ute.
P'maker headers',Hi flow cat,3" sports sytem,
Raptor V-clutched lightweight not intercooled,no tranny cooler,no worries.

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

skidder wrote:
raff-26 wrote:
tetgreg888 wrote:

real constructive advice :roll:

try reading the first post, more specifically the last sentence of the first post.
Sorry Skid, did'nt know everyone had to agree with each post that I send it....some of the stuff u have written has been similar- please dont ask me to ferret through ya posts and give you an example.. :wink:

EF Ghia 5L V8
BAMk2 XR8 Velocity/Cobra 19's

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Just get a turbo :)

it can be fast and cheap,but it wont be reliable
it can be reliable and cheap,but it wont be fast
or you can be fast and reliable,but it wont be cheap

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next