Fordmods Logo

NA BA power?? 

Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: NA BA power??
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:03 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

i spose at the end of the day 400rwhp is possible, after all my hyundai excel has 5 turbos, 2 pod filters, a 6/71 supercharger and a 5hp shot of NOS and makes 1200hp at the rhf tyre, it now runs an 18sec quarter at 500mph.

id put up a picture but i dont want to be proved to be a s**t :D

the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: 1997 EL XR6

Power: 180 rwkw

VIC, Australia

If you can make these big HP engines, wouldn't Fordmods be one of the first places you would show? I mean isn't it the ideal environment to spread the word of your business and create hype? After all we are your target market right?

MGW Short Throw Shifter, CVE Cam, CVE Head, SS Big Mouth Air Intake, Pacemaker Headers, 3" Exhaust, 3" Varex, 3" Cat, 19" Silver Agents, EMS Stinger 4424, 42lb Injectors and Walbro 255lb Fuel Pump

Next: Pacemaker Comps, 6 Individual Throttle Bodies, ICE Coil and ignition

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:28 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

its all hopes and dreams...

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Six wrote:
If you can make these big HP engines, wouldn't Fordmods be one of the first places you would show? I mean isn't it the ideal environment to spread the word of your business and create hype? After all we are your target market right?

Actually, A forum of tight a*** who will turn on you in a second and bag the s**t out of you, is the last place anyone one would want to try and generate business.

Fordmods is not the target market of anyone that wants to make money.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:16 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

mate if you dont like the forum just leave.

i think people get the s**t when people throw hp figures around like they mean nothing.

all we want was a pic of the engine, the dyno sheet anything, until he can prove hes actually done it why should we believe him?

the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: 1997 EL XR6

Power: 180 rwkw

VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
Six wrote:

Actually, A forum of tight a*** who will turn on you in a second and bag the s**t out of you, is the last place anyone one would want to try and generate business.

That's a huge generalization, it's only a select group ( have a look at the names who keep saying these comments) that are ' tight a***...and... Bag the s*** out of you'. That 5% you talk about are teenages anyway...

MGW Short Throw Shifter, CVE Cam, CVE Head, SS Big Mouth Air Intake, Pacemaker Headers, 3" Exhaust, 3" Varex, 3" Cat, 19" Silver Agents, EMS Stinger 4424, 42lb Injectors and Walbro 255lb Fuel Pump

Next: Pacemaker Comps, 6 Individual Throttle Bodies, ICE Coil and ignition

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Six wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
Six wrote:

That's a huge generalization, it's only a select group ( have a look at the names who keep saying these comments) that are ' tight a***...and... Bag the s*** out of you'. That 5% you talk about are teenages anyway...

How many people actually bought the CMS stroker motors?

It's not a generalization, it's reality.

Secondly, you don't develop something and then try to create a market for it. You create something that the market is asking for.
Everyone is so caught up in forced induction that trying to sell a 'high power' NA 6 cyl is fast way to not make money.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

AND

to the guy claiming 400rw/hp from a BA engine with no boost and no nitros. Simple answer is, NO you didn't.

We'll be generous about driveline losses here, You are claiming almost 2hp per cubic inch.

This is 2hp per cube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7HvzM06 ... ure=relmfu

I built the nitros system on that engine, A 428 cube AFD 4V headed windsor.
I also did the fit out when it was in an XD falcon http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en ... wmAw0&NR=1
At made high 700s with out the nitros and 1002hp with it (engine dyno). We later added more nitros but never put it back on the dyno. (weight vs. MPH it was pretty close 1250hp)

I've built enough and been around enough to know when s**t is dripping off someones bottom lip.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3