Fordmods Logo

nc fairlane slow accel? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Sounds Right
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ghia97 wrote:
I have an NL Fairlane and it has tickford intake and i do 0-100 in about high 8s low 9s and on lpg about 10.5 and your is older with less power so 12 to me sounds exactly about what it should. Take a mate next to you and time it.

funny that, I have a 5spd EB on gas, with very limited mods. It keeps up with my uncles 5spd ef xr6. Not all gas cars are slow. I have the 225 rated mixer outta au-ba series..think it helps.

EF Ghia 5L V8
BAMk2 XR8 Velocity/Cobra 19's

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:36 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

problem with fairlane is its a big bog of a car. shocking looks.

The only bit of luxury in those cars is when the roof starts to sag, you think your in a ballroom with drapes. Sometimes i stand up in the rear and start doing the waltz

XR6 AU Extractors, exhaust, XR Snorkel.

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

12sec is miles to slow, somthing defintaly wrong there, should be pulling around 9 seconds. They arnt as heavy as people think they are they, which it's 1590kg

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: FG Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ900R

VIC, Australia

GeZza200 wrote:
12sec is miles to slow, somthing defintaly wrong there, should be pulling around 9 seconds. They arnt as heavy as people think they are they, which it's 1590kg

Yeah my EF fairmont standard is 1600kg and i would have added plenty of weight with the gas tank, subs, and with me driving the car, but my mont is way faster then that at around 7secs. So 12's sounds slow.

The Past: EF Fairmont, EL Fairmont 5.0, HR Special, NF Fairlane 5.0, GSX 250-F, BA II XR8, VS3 Ute, VS2 L67 Calais

The Present: FG Egas Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ 900R

Post subject: Shouldnt be this slow
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:49 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: NA Fairlane SVO

QLD, Australia

I agree it shouldnt be this slow. What intake are you running is it the log type or the EF BBM? or somehow the AU type? I dont think it should be this slow. The fairlanes arent that much heavier and if tuned correctly LPG doesnt loose any power. If you are running it on gas more often than petrol you can even get it tuned to run better on LPG. One thing that will make you loose power is that often the mixer reduces the size of your intake. This therefore reduces the air flow. which in turn reduces the air fuel ratio.
Another possibility is a blocked cat.

Post subject: Accel
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 08 BF Ghia

VIC, Australia

Ðidnt realise he had the au engine. Could be a bad lpg setup he should at least be doing 10s on lpg. The conversion might not of been done properly, au engine might be worn check compression. Time it with someone else it mightnt be as slow as you think.

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: FG Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ900R

VIC, Australia

Maybe you need better/new ignition leads. I was getting beaten my civics and excles and also using heaps of fuel so i was pretty dissapointed, but when i put new leads in, my car was running heaps faster, smoother, and more economical.

The Past: EF Fairmont, EL Fairmont 5.0, HR Special, NF Fairlane 5.0, GSX 250-F, BA II XR8, VS3 Ute, VS2 L67 Calais

The Present: FG Egas Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ 900R

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2