Post subject: need cool reply
Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Hey all, just a quickie,

I wan't to drain and refill my cooling system in my cfi ea. I'm going by gregories manual but i'm not sure about one part. It says "disconnect heater hose from pipe on passenger side of vehicle. the pipe is located towards the back of the inlet manifold". I'm pretty sure it's the pipe that looks like it comes straight out of the inlet manifold however there are other pipes near it and i just want to be sure. Anyone know?

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: XC V8

SA, Australia

on some cars there is a white wing nut on the bottom of the radiator and if u undo it it lets all the coolent out

1976 XC falcon
182 Clio Sport

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeh, but i'm gonna be flushing it out with a hose so need 2 points disconnected.

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII Ghia 5Ltr

VIC, Australia

Open the valve/wingnut at the bottom and take the radiator cap off and stick the hose in the top...

Have YOU driven a monster truck lately??

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

that would only flush out the hoses between the radiator and the reserve, i need to get the whole heating system flushed etc..

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

ef302 wrote:
Open the valve/wingnut at the bottom and take the radiator cap off and stick the hose in the top...

that's great for flushing out the radiator! but doesn't halp for flushing out the block!
my advice would be to take radiator cap off, undo radiator drain plug, and open up thermostate housing and remove thermostat.
i'd then flush it from the coolant resovoir bottle and also from the thermostat housing...

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

At least you understand what i mean. :) . well anyway, i already did it and took my chances with what i thought was the heater hose and luckily i was right. piping was all rusted though, and no wonder seeing as my dad filled it up with water only last time. I flushed it clean (was even tempted to have a sip of the clear water from the hose :wink: ) got it nice and topped up with coolant after letting the engine circulating it around. Hopefully this solves the problem of my car overheating.

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

take the radiator out and use the radiator hoses as flush points , give the radiator a good flush as well take the thermostat out nothing will flow with it inplace(unless you use boiling water but who would) also i have noticed in the past a lot of s**t buils up between he radiator and the aircon condenser, i have blown a heater core stickin the hose in the heater hoses be carefull it takes a while to remove the whole dash and put it back in , a few cooling tips i have found that are effective

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeh, well i did manage to get flush from the heating hose (from intake) all the way around to the lower radiator hose however (and although a good idea) i dont have the confidence to remove the actual radiator itself. :oops:

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

smiley235 wrote:
yeh, well i did manage to get flush from the heating hose (from intake) all the way around to the lower radiator hose however (and although a good idea) i dont have the confidence to remove the actual radiator itself. :oops:

mate i would give it a go, i dont think you could run into much troble removing it and putting it back, you dont need to remove the fan you need to remove the two 8mm bolts or star screws from the shroud where it attaches to the radiator at the top then lift the shroud up as it locates on lugs at the bottom of the radiator, move it back over the fan out of the way then undo the auto lines making sure you use a spanner on both nuts where the line joins the radiator (14mm and 17mm by memory) to crack the seal, the fittings should go finger tight after cracking, trying otherways you could twist, kink or even snap the lines, after that undo the two 15mm bolts holding the radiator in, undo all the hoses and lift out the radiator mate, if you dont want to do it that way you could undo your two main radiator bolts to loosen the radiator leave all the hoses and pipes connected being carefull gently push the radiator towards the motor enough to get the graden hose between the radiator and the aircon condenser and give it a good hosing. you will be susprised at the amount of s**t that builds up

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hmm, well after that informative reply, i might actually do it :) . thnx

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ok, i found out what cause my car to overheat. I took the thermostat out and one side of the metal had snapped off and the spring was pushing 1 side all the way up. Got a new one from ford and hopefully no more heating issues.

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]