Post subject: Need help with diagnosing problem
Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: Mondeo XR5T

Power: 173 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Guys,

Over the long weekend, I noticed a sparking noise coming from the engine bay. I could hear it in the driver's seet when driving, and stopped at idle.

I took her to a mechanic who thought it was a split leed somewhere or it was arking out somewhere from the coil. She was missing slightly aswell.
The mechanic's put her on the hoist, took apart the coil and leed's but couldn't find anything out of the ordinary. Put it all back together and presto, no sparking or arking noise's.

I was out driving today, then suddenly, something gave way. She started choking, spluttering, backfiring etc... and missing severely. I limped her back to the mechanic and they have done another inspection on the electrical's, again to find nothing wrong.

They are pointing in the direction of injector's now. Injectors would explain the problem I am having now, but can they just give way suddenly :?: ; and perhap's the sparking problem etc... was just a faulty cable or connectoin that was fixed by taking it all apart (coil and leed's), and putting it back together again :?:

What's your take on all this, I need my baby to be cured.

Shugg

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: HOT EL

VIC, Australia

ekkkk..... i dont think the injectors could just give way like that... not all at the same time anyway. I dont know what to say mate. Good luck.

The Lion Tamer

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]