Fordmods Logo

Need help with info 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Need help with info
Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:38 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 39

Posts: 29

Joined: 11th Dec 2010

Ride: Ford Falcon AU

Location: brisbane
QLD, Australia

Hi everyone :D
I am organising an engine rebuild for my AU falchoon.
I am looking for some sage advice...

The VCT engine has oil squirters for the pistons?
Apart from the valvetrain, is the head any difrent between the VCT and non VCT head?
Can anyone recomend a good distributor to replace the stocko thing?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Need help with info
Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:43 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

ashbrisau wrote:
Hi everyone :D
I am organising an engine rebuild for my AU falchoon.
I am looking for some sage advice...

The VCT engine has oil squirters for the pistons?
Apart from the valvetrain, is the head any difrent between the VCT and non VCT head?
Can anyone recomend a good distributor to replace the stocko thing?


:? what do you mean oil squirter for the pistons??..the bottom ends are the same as a std au bottom end..
the only difference in the heads, are the front head casting, the vct solinoid, cam and cam gear and the vct has an oil line that runs to the vct solinoid..
the rockers,valves and cam chain is the same as std au...

i have a vct engine in my ed, but i have removed the vct cam and cam gear and replaced it with an aftermarket "non" vct re grind cam and std cam gear...
what di you mean distributor?? au dont use a distributor they run crank sensor and coil packs..
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Need help with info
Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:48 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 39

Posts: 29

Joined: 11th Dec 2010

Ride: Ford Falcon AU

Location: brisbane
QLD, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
i have a vct engine in my ed, but i have removed the vct cam and cam gear and replaced it with an aftermarket "non" vct re grind cam and std cam gear...
what di you mean distributor?? au dont use a distributor they run crank sensor and coil packs..


Ussually i like to use distributors and MSD units over stock items.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Need help with info
Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:52 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 39

Posts: 29

Joined: 11th Dec 2010

Ride: Ford Falcon AU

Location: brisbane
QLD, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
the only difference in the heads, are the front head casting, the vct solinoid, cam and cam gear and the vct has an oil line that runs to the vct solinoid..
the rockers,valves and cam chain is the same as std au...


So if one was to do away with the VCT and cam it is essentially the same performance wise as the normal engine?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Need help with info
Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:57 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

if its in an au you can dizzy if go with aftermarket ecu, im running a genuine bosch distributor in my vct engine..

but being an au i would stick with the coil packs, they can supply enough spark for high rpm and power..
im actually about to go with 6 ls1 coils instead of the dizzy...
in some cases especially at higher rpm the auxillary shafts chews out when dizzys are used..

i had this issue with my last engine, as it was wearing the gear it circulated metal through the engine ruining the engine..
to make matters worse the auxillary shafts are no longer available from ford and are not available aftermarket...
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Need help with info
Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:01 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

ashbrisau wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:
the only difference in the heads, are the front head casting, the vct solinoid, cam and cam gear and the vct has an oil line that runs to the vct solinoid..
the rockers,valves and cam chain is the same as std au...


So if one was to do away with the VCT and cam it is essentially the same performance wise as the normal engine?


depending on what cam you use.. i used a wade regrind cam and from the std vct to the re grind, the re grind gave me a 15rwkw gain... if i was to change the engine or head i wouldnt bother with the vct again..

in std form the vct engine is best for torque and power, but going modified no gains with vct in my opinion...
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Need help with info
Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:15 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 39

Posts: 29

Joined: 11th Dec 2010

Ride: Ford Falcon AU

Location: brisbane
QLD, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
depending on what cam you use.. i used a wade regrind cam and from the std vct to the re grind, the re grind gave me a 15rwkw gain... if i was to change the engine or head i wouldnt bother with the vct again..

in std form the vct engine is best for torque and power, but going modified no gains with vct in my opinion...


Thank you very much!
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:13 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names