Need More Power!! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: Need More Power!!
Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:52 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: EB Fairmont Ghia

SA, Australia

I've got the JMM Dev4 Complete rebuild with ACL pistons,JMM street fighter headers,EB XR6 ECU,2 1/2 high flow cat & 2 1/2 complete system.(Street Fighter Motor With Dev4 Cam). Was told this should give me at least 150-160rwkw. I'm only getting 140.5rwkw.I've spent 6k on this motor (including headers& computer) and wondering if it's because i'm running an auto?.Don't want to bag anybody but when i ring JMM i get jim and he does'nt seem to be very interested!!
So..... I've lined up a BBM off an EL with EL computer and was looking into getting a ALTERED stage 3 cam.
I will have to get another head as the one i've got has been shaved to get 9.6:1 compression and as i have read the stage 3 need's all the clearance it can get! I will get the EMS 8860 fitted after the BBM and computer goes in.
I've already got the 3000rpm stall lined up with the guy who built my trans, as this is the only way i can run the stage 3 cam with an auto!
This will take me a few months to do, but i will be getting it dyno,d each time i do a mod.
Does any one know anything about the EB series 1 heads? (They have got 3.9L 6.. stamped on the front of the head)
The saloon cars use these and say they are great heads.
HORNET i will be up your way at the end of march and would'nt mind catching up to see how your car goes! I'm originally from a town 50km from Loxton.
Any suggestions or ideas from anybody would be great :)
Thanks,
Dave.

EB Fairmont Ghia 6 -160rwkw (E85 tune)
ZL Fairlane 6 - Grandpa Spec
XW Falcon 221 2V

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 33 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

TAS, Australia

i would look at a unichip, or maybe an aftermarket ECU like an EMS or wolf or if ure keen with electronics megasquirt seems like a good option

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Are you running standard injectors?
If so, get the next size up & get it retune on the dyno if the computer you got is tunable. It won't hurt to perchase some ground wire kit, theres 5 to 10 kw your loosing on electrical before it reach your sparkplugs.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

Whoa don't touch wolf man - they're not common enough hence not enough shops now them right.
Unichip will be cheaper and more tried and true, and yes better injectors will help but you'll use more fuel?

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

bigger injectors will make NO difference at all. with the power you getting you not even close to needing new injectors yet.

If you got the JMM stuff and it's not doing what they said it would you have every right to go back and have them fix the problem at no charge.

just call them every day untill they listen to what you have to say. and then keep calling them untill you car has the advertised power that you kit has.

they quote 150 to 160 to give some room for things like auto or manual...

i'm sorry to say it though, but you have found out the hard way as to why i don't deal with those people.

dont do or buy anything els until you have what you payed for. once you have that start looking a decent computer and BBM

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:15 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

1> you shouldnt have spent your money on a exhaust
2> you should have bolted on a turbo
3> you should have sorced the parts your self
4> YOU SHOULD HAVE COME ON THIS FORUM EARLYERRRRRRRR
5> go get your self a turbo and that motec or wolf.

how you dont any thing to your intak maybe its just not breathing right , not inof air ?

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:42 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

Thank's for the feedback fellas!
Spoke to Brendan today and he was more than helpfull.He told me all the parts i need for the BBM conversion and i will try another XR6 ECU to see if i can fix the problem of it leaning out after 4500rpm.

XW Falcon 221 2V

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Davey Gravy wrote:
Spoke to Brendan today and he was more than helpfull.He told me all the parts i need for the BBM conversion and i will try another XR6 ECU to see if i can fix the problem of it leaning out after 4500rpm.
theres your problem, limited by injectors. you'll never reach full potential if its leaning to early.

before you decide for the BBM conversion. you could try one of the best tricks i seen. buy one injector, tap it in somewhere on the throttle body. get a frequency switcher from Jaycar to control it. program it so it injects when you hit 4500rpm. there will be other parts involved. e.g solenoid, extra fuel line.

but I'll get them to double check your current setup first. 150-160rwkw as quoted. don't get pressured into a BBM conversion. they're not cheap.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Slick wrote:
Davey Gravy wrote:
theres your problem, limited by injectors. you'll never reach full potential if its leaning to early.

before you decide for the BBM conversion. you could try one of the best tricks i seen. buy one injector, tap it in somewhere on the throttle body. get a frequency switcher from Jaycar to control it. program it so it injects when you hit 4500rpm. there will be other parts involved. e.g solenoid, extra fuel line.

but I'll get them to double check your current setup first. 150-160rwkw as quoted. don't get pressured into a BBM conversion. they're not cheap.

he is not limmited by his injectors. he's limited by the fact the factory tune is not suited to his engine. simple as that.

there are people on here making over 170rwkw on stock injectors.

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:16 am 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

I was going to do the EL BBM anyway as i know someone who owns a wreckers and can pick up the complete manifold with injectors,throttle cable & pedal,PCV valve,fuel lines,vaccuum lines and anything else i need for $200.
I will try another XR6 ECU first to see if it fixes the problem. Aftermaket ECU was on the cards also & I will check out a price on the EMS Stinger as i probably won't use 1/2 the features the EMS 8860 has.
Thanks again for your help. :)

XW Falcon 221 2V

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Davey Gravy wrote:
I was going to do the EL BBM anyway as i know someone who owns a wreckers and can pick up the complete manifold with injectors,throttle cable & pedal,PCV valve,fuel lines,vaccuum lines and anything else i need for $200.
I will try another XR6 ECU first to see if it fixes the problem. Aftermaket ECU was on the cards also & I will check out a price on the EMS Stinger as i probably won't use 1/2 the features the EMS 8860 has.
Thanks again for your help. :)

good on you. It would of cost $1200 to $1300 for a BBM from them anyway.

just make sure you're running richer on the new set-up, a aftermarket ecu will make good use of the fuel.

I know, I know, I know A year & half ago I opt for a unichip. got diagnostics for the fuel/timing maps from the unichip tuner/installer, sad to say he suggested against me installing one cause I was slightly lean. I'll be lucky if I get 1-2 kw or no gain at all he said. some cars comes of production lean, correct or rich. they're not all the same he said.
I might go back one day & quote him on that. oh yeah, he did mention bigger injectors if its mildly modifed. cammed, ported, higher compression, then he can play with it.

Pakrat wrote:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]