Fordmods Logo

needs work 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: needs work
Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:37 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

hey fellas. got my car serviced the other day (i have to pay someone else to do it cos its still under warranty :( ) He told me i need a new centre muffler, new top radiator hose and a new thermostat housing. Having never bought any of these parts as i'm new to fords. how much am i lookin at to have all the work done? roughly $60 an labour.

cheers guys

P.s My mechanic has also done gone and done pointless work like adding windscreen cleaner. Is this done everyone as part of a service or just a way to screw more money?

"if you think Jesus is famous.... you should try Ron Jermey"

Post subject: Re: needs work
Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:56 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA XTS, BF Xr6 Turbo Ute

QLD, Australia

dog boy wrote:
hey fellas. got my car serviced the other day (i have to pay someone else to do it cos its still under warranty :( ) He told me i need a new centre muffler, new top radiator hose and a new thermostat housing. Having never bought any of these parts as i'm new to fords. how much am i lookin at to have all the work done? roughly $60 an labour.

cheers guys

P.s My mechanic has also done gone and done pointless work like adding windscreen cleaner. Is this done everyone as part of a service or just a way to screw more money?

shouldnt all of those parts be covered under warranty? and i think he is a F**k criminal if he is charging you for windscreen cleaner . . that is a load of s**t! ! ! Ford give my car a wash for free! it is never on the itemised list when i get the car serviced there cause of my warranty.

Ford Fan: Since 1987 - Born a Blue Oval Supporter!

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:17 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

I had a look at my warranty. Says nothing about exhaust parts, doesn't even mention exhausts to tell ya the truth. I think the thermostat should be covered. hopfully the radiator hose is covered, if its not....all my faith in warrenty companys will be gone forever. such wonderful things they are. they will probley start havin kittens when i make a claim :evil:

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:24 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA XTS, BF Xr6 Turbo Ute

QLD, Australia

dog boy wrote:
I had a look at my warranty. Says nothing about exhaust parts, doesn't even mention exhausts to tell ya the truth. I think the thermostat should be covered. hopfully the radiator hose is covered, if its not....all my faith in warrenty companys will be gone forever. such wonderful things they are. they will probley start havin kittens when i make a claim :evil:

What car do u have? Is it ford warrany? Or is it from a independent dealer? I still think as long as you arent claming for modified parts you should be covered by warranty. Do yourself a favour and dont let the a**hole charge you for windscreen cleaner !

Ford Fan: Since 1987 - Born a Blue Oval Supporter!

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

if its from a 2nd hand dealer.. i rekon f**k it ;)

as if you couldnt just take the cneter muffler out and say it was never there.. radiator hose.. change it yourself, id liek to see them try prove that its not the same on that was on there when you bought it.. and thermostat housing.. the new ones are kinda shiny.. what does he rekons wrong with it? see if you can get one from a wreckers, should be liek 5 bucks lol new ones ar eonly liek 30.. once again, just scuff it up make it look old. like them see them try prove you changed it yourself.. thats if of course they wont cover it under warranty..

the top rad hose you think they would as its a cooling system componant and they should inspect those before selling.

but hey, thats just my dodgey advice.

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:34 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

I gotta '96 ef gli. Not a ford warranty, some s**t mob called "National warranty company", have no idea what they are like on claims and what not. Hopin they are friendly to deal with. As for my mechanic, think next service i ask for the non-s**t service, who the hell needs tire foam and window-cleaner :? ahhhh the joy of it all.

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

On waranty (this may be of interest as your exhaust needs repalcing), my old man has an XR6 Turbo and he was hanging out to put an aftermarket Rhemus exhaust on it and was going to wait until his waranty ran out before he had it installed. He got impatient and called the local Ford dealer and told them what he wanted to do. To MY surprise, the dealer was enthusiastic about it and said that not only WOLDN'T it void his waranty, but they told him that they actually like people who fit aftermarket exhausts to their new cars...

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:40 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: AU XR6

NSW, Australia

get him to take the middle muffler out and weld in a piece of pipe, works out cheaper..
go to repco and get the thermostat housing and radiator hose and do it yourself..
thermostat housing is 2 bolts.. easy as pie, and same goes for the hose..
do it yourself, save some $$$

I desperately want to be a road statistic

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]