Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: New Cam in the EA
Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Modified EA-S Falcon

Power: 142 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Got busy yesterday with a mate a new cam for the baby, the new wade profile 1636977B, did the burn in afterwards and then went for a quick cruise to KK liverpool with some fellow members. can really feel the improvement in the performance, has better power from around 1800 right through to 5g, at around 3 it kicks in harder, and then mellows out after 5grand. Im very happy with the results and cant wait to put her on a dyno and find out how much its actually increased.

Anyone know where i can get a higher flow fuel regulator from and rough $$$

Thanks to chris at Wade cams too

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:07 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

NSW, Australia

hi.
im just wondering if you would know. im considering getting a stage 2 cam for my falcon. as it is im not sure whats done to my car, i got it the way it was. it cant be stock, as you could see by my gallery.
thanks

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 2003 BA XT

Power: 141 rwkw

WA, Australia

It has the oil rings problem? And it lost the hubcaps.

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

ACT, Australia

^^^
Darkr wrote:
It has the oil rings problem? And it lost the hubcaps.
LOL!! Gold

Kenwood Maverick wrote:
Got busy yesterday with a mate a new cam for the baby, the new wade profile 1636977B, did the burn in afterwards and then went for a quick cruise to KK liverpool with some fellow members. can really feel the improvement in the performance, has better power from around 1800 right through to 5g, at around 3 it kicks in harder, and then mellows out after 5grand. Im very happy with the results and cant wait to put her on a dyno and find out how much its actually increased.

Anyone know where i can get a higher flow fuel regulator from and rough $$$

Thanks to chris at Wade cams too

Kewood Mav, that's one of my favourite EA's on this site. How many K's were on the car at the time of install?

Was it just as simple as get the cam + shims, then install?

First 3 gears really pull you in the seat?

I'm seriously considering the 1636 cam, and yes Chris has been a great help so far.

I like boost
http://www.venomexhaustworks.com.au

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

being one of the other two modders cruising with you on saterday night to liverpool from bargo..(green machine being the other) the cam gives the idle speed i nice lumpiness... sounds great at idle and has a nice growl when accelerating or just giving her a rev.. :wink: good job keenwood... and good onya getting the job done b4 we met up down in bargo.. :wink:

Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

VIC, Australia

good stuff dude. Any plans to run it down the 1/4 soon ? There is a guy on FFAU that has this cam and previously had a 1636. He's gone from 14.4 to low 15's with the new cam :S Apparently he was having traction issues etc, but still a bit of a worry.

P.S great looking EA :D

Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Modified EA-S Falcon

Power: 142 rwkw

NSW, Australia

damo i think his problem was the fuel, he wasn't getting enough to support the cam, i think im encountering the same problem,

Thanks locknut for the comments, its a nice ride and she has plenty left in her, she has 161thou on the clock at the moment. And as you probably know its hard to find a nice running older model then try and keep it in that condition. When doing ya cam it depends on which cam you use, most wade regrinds require a second shim in each rocker arm, piss easy to do. Now ive done one, a cam install is easy and can be done fairly quickly.

As for the 1/4 ive never put her down, im pretty keen too although i reckon my clutch will just go nup. I need to ensure enough fuel first then a dyno (perhaps the syd dyno day next month) and then a wednesday off to through her down the strip

Yeah was good fun freak, was awesome to see the work you and green machine done to that front bar, seriously top work there :D

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]