New Cam Time (Wade) 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: New Cam Time (Wade)
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

I been thinking of a new cam for the car seeing as a nice tax return will be coming my way.

Been looking at the site and there are a few options but 4 that i noticed.

1636 Ex .242 In .248 low to mid range power, good idle. Suits standard ECU and springs.

1673 Ex .242 In .256 Profile mix. More power than 1636. Better idle and more torque than 977B

977B Ex .256 In .256 Mid to top end power. Will work with std springs. Modified ECU preferred.

1521a Ex .262In .262 Mid to top end, manual or - high stall, requires better springs and modified ECU

Now because at the moment im running an auto without a stally i probably will be better off without the 1521a.
The 977B looks cool but the i6 falcons have the top end power so that would suit a manual or stally.

Im thinking the best bet would be to go for the 1673 because its more torquey then the 977B and has a bit more power then the 1636. Because the 977B will work with stock springs but modded ECU and the 1636 will run with stock ECU and Springs then im thinking that if i do the springs anyway but if it doesnt idel as well as i want i could always piggy back the bastard.

WIll the piggy back still work with the shift kit?
What piggy back to get?

Chris from Wade states that cam grinds are $135 inc GST for fordmods members. So they will be regrinds which means ill have to d**k around with shims. I can get a heap of these from the wreckers. But is there a maximum number of shims that should be used?

Anything anyone has to say would be great and if anyone has used ANY of these profiles post up your experience and what power increases it made.

HOLDENS go like rockets. They fall apart in stages!!!

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

The 1636 needs only 1 EXTRA shim in each lifter, totalling 2 in each lifter.

The 1636 is a nice cam, and am very happy with it. Car is making 138kw @wheels and that was on a "conservative" dyno.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]