Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: New Car!!! Time for some fun
Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:02 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XH Ute

WA, Australia

griffo161 wrote:
Hey fellas,
couple months ago i was talkin about getting a new car of a mate. Well i finally got it to night.
Its a ED XR6 Colbolt Blue 5-Speed manual. It has BA XR6 17" wheels, a BA XR6T radiator and thermo fans for spares cos he was guna put them on. It is lowered and comes with the factory Momo steering wheel with cruse control, it also has a factory sunroof. He just replaced the Master cylinder, a heater hose in the dash, the head gasket and i think there was some other stuff as well but i cant remember.
There is a few things wrong with it mostly little things, like the button side to lock all the doors on the dash doesnt work, cruz doesnt work but i havent looked into them yet so they could be little things that r stoping them from working. the only major thing wrong is that it has a bent Axle but that is a quick easy fairly cheap fix.
I got it all for $500!!!

Nar jokes im paying $3500 but he has joined the army so he gave it to me for $500 but i have to pay him back as i get money cos i currently dont have a job.

What do u guys think?

Cheers

Nice car. How did you get the BA wheels to fit ? I thought they wouldn't go on EA to EL.
Griffo

Post subject: Re: New Car!!! Time for some fun
Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:07 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XH Ute

WA, Australia

griffo161 wrote:
Hey fellas,
couple months ago i was talkin about getting a new car of a mate. Well i finally got it to night.
Its a ED XR6 Colbolt Blue 5-Speed manual. It has BA XR6 17" wheels, a BA XR6T radiator and thermo fans for spares cos he was guna put them on. It is lowered and comes with the factory Momo steering wheel with cruse control, it also has a factory sunroof. He just replaced the Master cylinder, a heater hose in the dash, the head gasket and i think there was some other stuff as well but i cant remember.
There is a few things wrong with it mostly little things, like the button side to lock all the doors on the dash doesnt work, cruz doesnt work but i havent looked into them yet so they could be little things that r stoping them from working. the only major thing wrong is that it has a bent Axle but that is a quick easy fairly cheap fix.
I got it all for $500!!!

Nar jokes im paying $3500 but he has joined the army so he gave it to me for $500 but i have to pay him back as i get money cos i currently dont have a job.

What do u guys think?

Cheers
Griffo

Nice car. How did you get the BA wheels to fit ? I thought they wouldn't fit EA /EL

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Modified EA-S Falcon

Power: 142 rwkw

NSW, Australia

dude that is a pretty sweet as ride. got to love sunroofs, i didnt like the idea personally until i got my ea with her sunroof :D :D

and you will find its like every other set of BA rims on ea-el offset, they copies specifically made to suit or he has the good old shim/spacers

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 221 rwkw

ACT, Australia

They are real BA XR rims, they all fit normally but the rear ones rub. But yea he bought billet spacers or whatever u call them. So now i have 40 wheel nuts on it yay.

Hey i met up with a guy on this last night, i cant rememebr what he said his screen name is but he owns a EL XR6 manual and yea we had a chat, if you see this mate let us know who u r so i know.
Good race as well, i really liked it when u left the commodore in ur dust!
It was a good night. Nice meeting you. I might see you on friday night

Griffo

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Modified EA-S Falcon

Power: 142 rwkw

NSW, Australia

hey griffo are u gonna be at the ACT afd in november, wouldn't mind checkin the car out.

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Yea i am thinking about going, i dont know about entering it thugh cos its in ok condition but not the best. Like stone chips in the front and little things like that but yea i am every much thinking about goin with my mate who has the XG ute in the pics, his ute is very straight.

R u guna be goin? u entering?

Griffo

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL XR6 Hybrid

ACT, Australia

griffo161 wrote:
They are real BA XR rims, they all fit normally but the rear ones rub. But yea he bought billet spacers or whatever u call them. So now i have 40 wheel nuts on it yay.

Hey i met up with a guy on this last night, i cant rememebr what he said his screen name is but he owns a EL XR6 manual and yea we had a chat, if you see this mate let us know who u r so i know.
Good race as well, i really liked it when u left the commodore in ur dust!
It was a good night. Nice meeting you. I might see you on friday night

Griffo

haha hey dude. What a mad night lol, love beating commies :lol: Thats definatly one of the best EDs I've seen and it goes hard as. Will have to go for an XR cruise sometime :P

Manual EL XR6, 2.5" Lukey Exhaust System, Pacemaker 4499 extractors, K-mack Adjustable camber kit, Pedders adjustable coilovers, K&N intake, 18" BSA291's, Full Alpine Tyre R entertainment system.
Formerly known as Liam~EF 95

Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

yea mate we will definatly have 2 go for a XR cruz, once i get it regoed and my licence back (i get it 2morrow but i still gota get the car regoed)
I could always just take the rego sticker of my other ED XR6 and put it on the other 1, the cops would never know the difference :lol: !!!

I got get new tyres then maybe service it then we can have another race, maybe find some commis 2 smash but it did surprisingly well for an old commie!

Griffo

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Liam~EF 95 do u wana email me some pics of ur car mate, so i can show some friends?
My email is dilpil_griffo@hotmail.com

Cheers
Griffo

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3