NEW DI FILIPPO EXHAUST 

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: NEW DI FILIPPO EXHAUST
Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:42 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 09 FG XR6

WA, Australia

Just had new full stainless steel di filippo exhaust fitted with ceramic headers sounds good nice note no drone but sounds and feels rattley under acceleration also feels like theres a loss of power , may be my imagination but thought there be more power if anything , also theres no washer spacers been put on the header bottom bolts and only on the top bolts 1 2 5 and 6 does this sound right thinking may not have been fitted right ? also theres seems to be a white residue around all the weld joins could someone give suggestions to what this means ? and why there may be loss of power ? Will a tune reactify the power loss or should the exhaust be look at again ? All work was done at formula tech in bibra lake

Post subject: Re: NEW DI FILIPPO EXHAUST
Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:34 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

still have same issues with power loss and excessive fuel consumption and now engine light has appeared trouble code P0420 would this explain loss of power and fuel consumption ?

Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:40 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

its because you fitted aftermarket cat?? the second o2 sensor is showing a fault because the cat no longer meets emissions, so the only way around is either re fit factory cat or fix via a flash tune..

Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:21 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

had car customed tuned fuel issue has been fixed but theres still a power issue when under acceleration been told that could be to much back pressure in exhaust and made need to put in a restrictor plate between headers and the cat which made improve power issue have no clue what size I would need to use exhaust is 2.5 inch ?

Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

What size is the exhaust. It sounds like something could be blocked. Putting a restrictor plate in will give you less power. You want the exhaust to be free flowing as possible. The person who fitted it sounded lazy and only put washers on the bolts that were easy to get to. Is there a gasket between the headers?

What power did it make with the custom tune. A stock FG should be 145-150rwkw+

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:03 am 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

not sure bout the kw's only got the horsepower readout but I will be going back to pickup get the kw's was making 205 hp before tune 250 hp after I thought stock fg made 192 kw stock its a full 2.5 inch stainless exhaust di filippo ceramic headers highflow cat single system all the way through

Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

aza29 wrote:
not sure bout the kw's only got the horsepower readout but I will be going back to pickup get the kw's was making 205 hp before tune 250 hp after I thought stock fg made 192 kw stock its a full 2.5 inch stainless exhaust di filippo ceramic headers highflow cat single system all the way through

192kw is at the flywheel......you will lose as much as 40kw with an auto tranny before it gets to the wheels.....thats a rough estimate.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

So you picked up 45hp at the wheels and it feels slower than before?

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:40 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

feels better than before tune but still slower than stock exhaust there's no low end torque from say 0 -100 driving along normally gradually picking up speed its seem normally but under heavy acceleration bogs down not as much pick up there's also now engine light coming back on with trouble code P0133 02 sensor circuit slow response bank 1 sensor 1

Last edited by aza29 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

where did you get the car tuned? A 45hp increase is huge and you should feel a big increase in power all through most of the rev range.

Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:28 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

At btp motorsport in perth these guys specialize in fords ? this was the place that told me about the back pressure issue and that may need to use at restrictor in between headers and cat to fix the power issue and yes there is a gasket between headers , after second look all washers were used extra washers were used on 1 2 5 6 top bolts was told this was help screw in bolts thread because of the mounting brackets

Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:22 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: '07 XT

NSW, Australia

Reset your battery then drive the car like you stole it. Maybe it will feel better then.

Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:32 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

no tryed this method disconnecting battery it did nothing

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:23 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: FG G6E

VIC, Australia

Iv got ceramic coated 4490's and a full stainless 2.5 custom 200 cell cat section and catback made by Di filippo and fitted by them to and as soon as I drove it I noticed the the power increase and I still haven't had a tune yet. Runs rich but definitely no power loss and gives a very deep note. There's definitely something wrong with what has been done by yours

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

antho when did you have yours done? i had my exhaust and tune done at bpt aswell, although it was a while ago like the op. mine seems to be sluggish from standing start, even if flooring it. if moving at a good clip (70kph+) and you put your foot down you notice it taking off though. never really thought it was that bad till i got a taxi home the other day. taxi was a stock 2010 g6, compared to my modified 2009 g6e with a full exhaust and tune, this thing took off like a shot. wondering if the program for the tune might have changed gear shift points, or acceleration maps into a poorer fashion to gain fuel efficiency?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next