Fordmods Logo

New Exhaust Tomoorow :D 

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: New Exhaust Tomoorow :D
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Thats right after sittin round for ages thinkin wether i should blow my money on one, i decided..... f**k it, why not.

went down booker her in for 10 am tomorrow morning getting a lukey 2.5 inch mandrel bent system with a single muffler installed.

gonna be interesting driving there hung over too.......

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 2003 BA XT

Power: 141 rwkw

WA, Australia

Nice mate nice, extractors as well or just cat back? mind if I ask what they are charging?

Considering doing the same myself, in fact I just saw my mates dad, who is a mechanic, and he's getting my prices for my BA :)

I'd like to get it done!

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA MK11

VIC, Australia

Likewise-getting exhaust system fitted tomorrow.Pacies,cat to hot dog muffler,2.5 inches all the way to a 45 degree dump pipe.Should sound different and go a little better.

The older I get the better I was!

Post subject: Re: New Exhaust Tomoorow :D
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

fairmont599 wrote:
Thats right after sittin round for ages thinkin wether i should blow my money on one, i decided..... f**k it, why not.

went down booker her in for 10 am tomorrow morning getting a lukey 2.5 inch mandrel bent system with a single muffler installed.

man get a redback! lukey is s**t.
if you insist on getting lukey, drive it REALLY easy for the first 150-200km, or the cheap heap of s**t will fall to pieces.

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Soulfire wrote:
fairmont599 wrote:

if you insist on getting lukey, drive it REALLY easy for the first 150-200km, or the cheap heap of s**t will fall to pieces.
Will you just shut the f**k up for once....

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Lol, Just getting single 2.5 inch with centre muffler only. no tip till when i can afford it.

they said it will be $300 or less, depends whether they have to replace all of the hanging rubbers.

Oh yea its only a cat back for now, just wanted cheap upgrade

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Da Maverick & xe ute

VIC, Australia

Soulfire wrote:
fairmont599 wrote:

soulfire, lukey is not a piece of s**t , ive hammerd mine since new and no problems what so ever. also fairmont599, the lukey single muffler system sounds really sweet ;)

Mods: sprint kit, steeda short shift, svo lip, El handles, El Air intake, au xr wheels, lukey cat back, jbl focal and pioneer sterio <--- Sold

Xe ute - Bright green with 302

Da maverick - Straight gas turbo

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

im hoping so. i went with that as if it too loud i can add a resinator at a later date.

i just want something that if its going to be loud/drony it will drone all the time not just at 2 grand LOL

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

cooki_monsta wrote:
Soulfire wrote:
fairmont599 wrote:

soulfire, lukey is not a piece of s**t , ive hammerd mine since new and no problems what so ever. also fairmont599, the lukey single muffler system sounds really sweet ;)

Pfft, they sound ill, anyways, if you've thrashed it since new i'd like to see how much fibreglass has broken up inside your muffler :p.

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

shes down the shop now getting it fitted up, i pick her up in just over an hour

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:55 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BA Falcon

SA, Australia

i went to everlast and they made me up a 2.5" custom exhaust with a lukey muffler, and a tip for $300. sounds good and has that drone sound at about 1300-1400rpm, so i presume yours would be somewhat the same.

2002 BA XT: Painted calipers, K&N pod filter, Pioneer head unit, Fusion sub and amp, driving lights, spoiler, 19" rims, twin 2.25" exhaust with quad tips.

Soon to come... Pacemaker Extractors, supercharger.

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:21 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL XR6

How do the lukey mufflers compare to redback?
Everyone who has a redback single muffler setup seems to say its very loud, whereas people who have a single lukey muffler say how the sound is perfect and not too loud.
Im still not sure hether i want a rear resonator or a straight through rear section.

EL XR6 Manual
Tickford Kit, 18" ANZ's, Kings SL/SSL & Sachs.

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA MK11

VIC, Australia

Just had fitted, Pacemaker 4499 extractors, free-flow cat, redback straight through muffler,and 45 degree dump tip,all 2.5 inches.Goes much better,and sounds great !!!

The older I get the better I was!

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:47 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

hi
i got genie extractors a 2 1/2 redback exhaust with one muffler .. i took the hot dog muffler off and its just got a 3 1/4" tip ..
here is a clip if you want hear what it sounds like ..
its a bit raspy but it sounds ok..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpZveAT_oqQ

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:59 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EBII XR6 /ED XR6 /EF XR6

Power: 154 rwkw

QLD, Australia

Soulfire wrote:
cooki_monsta wrote:
Soulfire wrote:
fairmont599 wrote:

Pfft, they sound ill, anyways, if you've thrashed it since new i'd like to see how much fibreglass has broken up inside your muffler :p.

sounds like someone had a bad experience and holds a grudge, i had a redback fitted to my xf years ago to have it rattle the baffle out in about a week, so what , back to the shop another new muffler, thats what a warranty is all about, i've had a lukey do the same on a gemini before that, still was replaced on warranty, and a friend had the same thing happen with a mercury, but once again was replaced on warranty, you can't call one a piece of s**t over the others, everyone has thier own preference and for me mercury sound the best.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next