Ride: G6E TURBO

NSW, Australia

when & where will this be avalible?

MEMBER 1390

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:43 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: 03 BA Fairmont

WA, Australia

if people want to know prices and availablity etc, why don't you contact the company directly?

http://www.gas-injection.com/index.html

link to the abc new inventors show last wednesday night
http://www.abc.net.au/newinventors/txt/s1345083.htm
there's some footage in real player format and they have the story there too

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL XR6 5spd

I must have this!!

Does anyone know the exact details of the soon to be LPG tax that the nazi party signed off on?

EL XR6 5spd

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:52 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: 03 BA Fairmont

WA, Australia

re prices, i think on the new inventors the fella said it was around $2200 for the average instal, and i think that show is repeated this week on tuesday, not sure on that tho

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

[self-deleted]

Last edited by blackjack_original on Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA ute, FG XR6T

NSW, Australia

The real shame about the system - another great Australian design that appears stuck at the investor stage. I've made enquiries about this system on and off for the last few years and I tell you, I fear its going to either end up a shelved idea or be taken up by a foreign interest just like so many other great Aussie inventions.

I've forwarded another email expressing interest in the system but this time raised the possibility (and I am making a presumpion here) that more than a few E'Series Ford owners with modified engines are interested in perhaps a group purchase with some marketing tradeoffs in their favour.

We have been expressing interest in such a setup for as long as I've been part of Fordmods. How many of you are actually keen on pushing forward if the opportunity should ever arise? More to the point, who's in the position to put their money where there mouth is?

Nigel, what are your ideas on the subject. What is your relationship with the designer and are you in the position to open further dialogue?

The way I understand it, a testing phase has been ongoing over the last few years (Nigel is probably included as part of this phase). Recently newer production vehicle retro-fitting has been demonstrated to the market obviously targeting the car manufacturers for a production-line offering. Why not the upgrading of pre-existing petrol models and show the market that individualy modified vehicles can all be made to perform? Why not us?

So people, what do you think? Is it worth exploring this past the 'I wish I/piss'n'wind' stage? What are your ideas?

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:43 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

I know i would be interested in doing a conversion. My family is getting another car soon and if its another falcon it'll be on gas for sure since petrol prices continue to rise :shock:

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Im definatly keen on this but i already have a gas setup. I guess it i just need it to be injected :D. I contacted bill a few months ago only to be disappointed that he doesnt have the funfd for this. Come on guys lets see if we can do this, i mean look its a cheaper way of fuelling your cars which if injected can give you the same power if not more than petrol, plus lpg has less wear on your engine

Do you see any draw backs?? i dont

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:21 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

I'd love to change my dual fuel VR commodore to using this system.

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

I am/was/is part of the trial!. I had my EB converted at 160000km, and at 300000km (last time we checked) was still way better than current emission standards.

My Feelings? - hell I dont know. I keep in touch with Bill, and as soon as i know anything more you'll hear from me. Im sure that the exposure on New Inventors would have helped out.

Personally I wouldnt go back to Petrol, or to any other LPG system. Ive used GasResearch both in Single and Dual Throttle body instalations and theres no way it even gets close to competing!.

Cheers

Nigel

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:04 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

I've also got an existing dual fuel system but would be interested in this setup. My existing system is not much chop and as a result I was looking to upgrade however is this took off I can wait longer......

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Nigel wrote:
I am/was/is part of the trial!. I had my EB converted at 160000km, and at 300000km (last time we checked) was still way better than current emission standards.

My Feelings? - hell I dont know. I keep in touch with Bill, and as soon as i know anything more you'll hear from me. Im sure that the exposure on New Inventors would have helped out.

Personally I wouldnt go back to Petrol, or to any other LPG system. Ive used GasResearch both in Single and Dual Throttle body instalations and theres no way it even gets close to competing!.

Cheers

Nigel

These are my feeling too. Anyone who has made enquiries would know the present injected setups on offer all appear to be maxing out at 200kw outputs (on 6 cylinder setups). I also get the impression that Vialle gas injection may be less than a completely developed offering with the common advice from gas fitters being to wait it out until the setups become more refined. If setting up poses so much difficulty, how finicky a system are we talking about to maintain and what of reliability?

I paid 0.32c per litre for LPG this morning (approx $23.00 for 60 litres). To everyone out there the setup costs are easily justifiable. If a reliable system was on offer that did not lock you into a fixed configuration or power output.

I'll post up the response once I receive it.

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL XR6 5spd

mspw wrote:
We have been expressing interest in such a setup for as long as I've been part of Fordmods. How many of you are actually keen on pushing forward if the opportunity should ever arise? More to the point, who's in the position to put their money where there mouth is?

I am very interested in buying this setup, but as far as putting my money where my mouth is depends greatly on just how much money I have to put there.

EL XR6 5spd

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hold that thought, lets see if it's actually on the table first.

Post subject: LPG Injection
Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

Nigel...... how long have you known Bill Campbell for, mate I've known him from Impco tecnoligies & Gasman days & I 've asked several time about buying a set up for several of my customers & he wouldn't sell me a kit hence why I;m constantly looking at other systems eg, Viallie liquid injection but the problem with this set up is the tank & pump is only good for up to 200kw....So from what I was told after the program went to air he has now some serious investors aproxx (1.5mill) & has 2 to pick from....know the only problem is there once & who ever invests with him I will bet that the kit will be only avaliable from certin dealers & at there elected price.......................I hope I'm wrong!!.
Anyway from what was said the kits once there in production would'nt be avaliable for at least another 12 months or so.

Nigel, give me a call I would like to know how you aquired that kit.

Cheers
Joe Crescent Motorsport. (02) 9600-6229

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next