Page 3 of 4 [ 52 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: ebxr8

SA, Australia

Soulfire wrote:
hm.
hate the tickford badge in the front grill. other than that, nice car.

Badge looks ok abit different from the norm. :lol:

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:44 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

ACT, Australia

Lumo. I do 15.2s i race those cars cause i like to see there faces when i get them off the mark. But there is no way in hell i could beat them.
I got waxed at wsid by a 200sx by a second. I did a 15.3
integra type R's stock do 15.2s. Well on the xbox they do heheheh.
=============================================
in response to the tickford badge. it is a bit diffrent. A change from the boring blue ford badge. I want to replace the rear ford badge with Black ford badge. I've seen they can sand off the blue and spray any colour to replace it. They sell on eBAY uk. VERY FUNKY. They paint football teams and all. What colour people? black or what? pearl?

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

mayby soulfires undies are chafing because of not realy "the look of the badge" more being a "Tickford badge" on a non tickford vehicle perhaps? looks good though.. and yes, id be more in a position to say so knowing the owner and having seen and looked through the car many times...

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

fordfreak ef wrote:
mayby soulfires undies are chafing because of not realy "the look of the badge" more being a "Tickford badge" on a non tickford vehicle perhaps? looks good though.. and yes, id be more in a position to say so knowing the owner and having seen and looked through the car many times...

A fairmont ghia gets the tickford VCT engine, so that's not the problem, by problem is simply that badge is too small, and is the wrong shape to be at the front of the car - that's my opinion.
And a relatively stock EA beating any of those cars is a joke. The slowest wrx produced was the 02 bugeye that ran a 14.3 or so. My mate had a my00 that ran a 13.9 with a catback.
An Integra type R is believable, particularly the aus delivered DC5 shape, they only run a 15.3 or so at best, and because they have no power off VTEC if the driver was a bit clueless and EA could probably beat one.
200sx with a s**t driver should not run higher than a 14.9.

Mate, you don't impress anyone with your s**t stories, and if it happened and you actually believe they were racing you you're a little misguided.
Please stop whoring out this thread with your off topic posts, come down to Vic and I'll prove a point as to how little your timing advancement does. By the way, I believe fordmods does not encourage street racing.

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:43 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: ea falcon

NSW, Australia

well i no what i race and how i beat them as they ak me to race so hey i dont realy care what you think or believe i was just help a guy out how to make his car quicker with lil money spent so realy like i said belive what you want i dont realy give a rats a*** what you think youi dont understand anything i said so theres no use me talking to you anymore all you think is i bigger is better thats why you dont believe what im telling you. you think a t3 is better than a t4 turbo and a bigger fuel pump big cam big dis and big that its the combo you get bigger isnt allways better remember that

(KIL HSV) ITS ALIIIIIVVVEEEE ITS ALIIIIIVVVVVEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:48 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: ea falcon

NSW, Australia

hey 68stang dont think mustangs are quick standard ok cause my mates raced there hurtz mustang vs a vs ss ute both mates that own these cars and you no what the vs ss ute beat the muzzi so yea there not as quick as you think the only a 289 hipo the hurtz and the 68 is only a 289 so talk talk if you dont no what is what

(KIL HSV) ITS ALIIIIIVVVEEEE ITS ALIIIIIVVVVVEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: egas bf xt

NSW, Australia

I think the LSD they fitted just must have been 4.11's or something along those lines... makes the car feel a lot more powerful.

I can see through wooden doors.

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:27 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Soulfire wrote:
And a relatively stock EA beating any of those cars is a joke. The slowest wrx produced was the 02 bugeye that ran a 14.3 or so. My mate had a my00 that ran a 13.9 with a catback.

How quick does a WRX run when the driver bogs down the launch and overheats the stock clutch ;)

It's not unheard of for unopened EA-EB manuals to run high 14s.
Not entirely unbelievable, certainly not crazy enough to be disproven by just quoting factory figures.
And bumping the base timing up on EA-EDs usually does have a noticable, and measurable effect on power.
Doesn't work so well on EL's, probably more aggressive timing from stock.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:52 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Mustang

NSW, Australia

HYPOEA wrote:
hey 68stang dont think mustangs are quick standard ok cause my mates raced there hurtz mustang vs a vs ss ute both mates that own these cars and you no what the vs ss ute beat the muzzi so yea there not as quick as you think the only a 289 hipo the hurtz and the 68 is only a 289 so talk talk if you dont no what is what

If you are sugesting for even a second that a stock ea falcon has even the slightest chance of beating a 302 mustang, then you obviously dont kn ow what you are talking about. My mustang isnt completely stock, but is close to it, and i guarantee that without even trying i will be at least 2 car lengths in front before the guy in the ea even has a chance to push down on the accelerator lol.

Mustangs are quick, but thats besides the point, the point at issue was this tool claiming that his stock falcon ea was smoking cars that are known for sub 14 sec 1/4 mile passes.

btw i barely understood a word you said, your grammar sucks man.

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:57 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

HYPOEA wrote:
well i no what i race and how i beat them as they ak me to race so hey i dont realy care what you think or believe i was just help a guy out how to make his car quicker with lil money spent so realy like i said belive what you want i dont realy give a rats a*** what you think youi dont understand anything i said so theres no use me talking to you anymore all you think is i bigger is better thats why you dont believe what im telling you. you think a t3 is better than a t4 turbo and a bigger fuel pump big cam big dis and big that its the combo you get bigger isnt allways better remember that

Did anyone else understand a word this guy said? fact is the guys lying by saying that he raced these cars and smoked them. he expects us to believe that putting the crappy stock ea exhast back on the car enabled him to beat these cars. just so laugable.

i would be more willing to believe he beat them in a 3 cylinder swift GA than i am in his ea lol.

lolat the hyjaking of this thread. to the OP i like the tickford badge rather than the usual ford logo.

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

lol stang, don't get too excited, the old mustangs weren't bad, but they're not the bees knees - i love em to death though, I'd happily trade everything I own for a '00 cobra R, lol.
lol @ steady, you boxcar bandits have to stick together eh. Yeah they can crack a high 14 unopened, but most of the cars he mentioned can run a high 13 stock - There is a possibility he beat these cars, but it'd be by like a panel length, not several car lengths like he suggests.

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:28 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Soulfire wrote:
lol stang, don't get too excited, the old mustangs weren't bad, but they're not the bees knees - i love em to death though, I'd happily trade everything I own for a '00 cobra R, lol.
lol @ steady, you boxcar bandits have to stick together eh. Yeah they can crack a high 14 unopened, but most of the cars he mentioned can run a high 13 stock - There is a possibility he beat these cars, but it'd be by like a panel length, not several car lengths like he suggests.

man id take a mustang running on pedal power over a ea falcon anyday lol

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:30 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Everyone's assuming manual cars, if the cars he raced were auto's (and auto jap sport cars aren't that uncommon these days) he could very well have beaten them.

And we don't know what gears the diff has either, that'd make a difference.

Judging by the fact that this guys struggling to put a coherent sentence together though, I reckon it may be BS.

VTEC hondas are beasts of things, not a fan of rexies or 200's tho...

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:49 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

5tumpy wrote:
Everyone's assuming manual cars, if the cars he raced were auto's (and auto jap sport cars aren't that uncommon these days) he could very well have beaten them.

And we don't know what gears the diff has either, that'd make a difference.

Judging by the fact that this guys struggling to put a coherent sentence together though, I reckon it may be BS.

VTEC hondas are beasts of things, not a fan of rexies or 200's tho...

TBH i find manual shifting autos alot better than manuals for dragging purposes. I dragged my friend who has a 65 mustang, but same engine exhast and running gear as me but his is manual, and i beat him by about half a car length in the quater mile.

i put this purely down to my ability to shift quicker than him because of the auto. That and the fact i only have to shift twice. I may be wrong but its my opinion in experience that auto's > manual;s for dragging.

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:00 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Soulfire wrote:
lol @ steady, you boxcar bandits have to stick together eh.

Not even, just saying I've seen enough supposedly quick cars get raped by something supposedly slower because of some unforeseen factor.
My stock auto ED repeatedly raped a manual EL XR8 at heathcote cause his spark plugs weren't screwed in all the way (rematch blair, rematch!)

If I didn't know the driver, and didn't find out about the problem later, you C*** would have been calling s**t on me!
Thats enough O/T anyway.
This all started cause someone rubbished his advanced timing theory, and that person should keep their opinion to themselves if they have no experience with the vehicles in question.
Proceed.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next