Fordmods Logo

New WADECAM 1636 Experiences :D 

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Post subject: New WADECAM 1636 Experiences :D
Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA

VIC, Australia

Hey guys...after deciding what cam to upgrade to from a stock cam, id defently recommend the 1636, apprently theres only 2 other people with this profile keith russel sed, wen i went to wade on monday, a guy from south australia and a guy from sydney?.....b4 i continue any further just wanna thank "neb" for installin this cam in on monday night...we had a troubles, all because wen i poured oil on the cam, it got the plugs wet...DOH

anyways, after goin with a friend for a 2 hour run in to willy and on the high way , and just random places @ 1/4 throttle, it started to feel alot more responsive on the throttle, it loved to hold gears with power button off, and after running it in (no high rpm) after 2 hours i slowly started giving it off the line to 60km then let go, after roughly 4 hours, i went to a fellow ford forums friends were he gave me his EB :D XR map sensor to try , this is wen i gave it sh!t...i took it down the road of BP , (that leads to you yangs) and booted it @ 50 clicks in 1st, it PULLED all the way to 5600rpm and didnt stop, i swear, i was stumped, i usually wait till i feel the car stop pulling but it didnt and it went straight into redline and close to 6000rpm nearly...which i put in 2nd, now no joke b4 i new wat was goin on i look @ the speedo, it was @ 130km in 2nd gear..., 3rd come along and it shot to 160 very quickly were i backed off...now this whole time the car DIDNT stop a torque curve!

this profile rocks, i was told it pulls from 1,100rpm to redline..now i will need a new dif.. i have a 2.77 Single spinner...so i dont have the 0-30km pulling i need

the mods i have with this cam are a K&N pod, pacey's, high flow cat, redback 2.5 inch exhaust n thats it...

ill get this cam dialed in asap but atm stock timing and i havent even resetted my ecu yet...

i defently recommend this Camshaft

-Grechie!

Ford Falcon EA Naturally Aspirated 4.0L i6
13.797 @ 157.16km/h (Limiter Bounce)

1/4 Mile Video

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: ED Falcon

SA, Australia

Hey Grechie, you feel the power now, you sound happy...

I post here cos the russian tank driver doesn't

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:06 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: VU SS

NSW, Australia

You got the specs on this particular cam?

EF Fairmont now Sold!
Guides: Polishing|Modifications |Manual Conversion

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF XR6

SA, Australia

I think similar to the 1604 but with more lift.

Not lost any demerit points

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

after driving round in it for a bit, its actually a bit lumpy compared to wen i first started it, its lumpy now on idle and some times drops real low to point of nearly stalling...LOL

1/4 Mile Video

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: '05 5.4L BA MK2 XT

NSW, Australia

hmm how can you fix that ?

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:28 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

sorry if i should know but what type of car do u have and is it auto or manual? hows fuel economy now or is it too soon to know. I own a eb 2 and am wanting to get a cam with tax cheque just not sure which one. Have done the usual 4480s,2.5 redback,xh snorkel,bmc and thermos and want to go next step without major engine work. Be watching results on this cam for sure. :D

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hey..after driving it around now for a bit, it has a nice light lumpy feel to it on idle....

i have a auto ebxmple, it dips down about to stall wen u go from either a nuetral position to D or R or goign from D to R it wants to stall...ive stalled it like 4 times yesterday, trying to reverse into maccas carpark, cam to a stop in D, put it in reverse with brake on, and the revs bogged down, then bounced up (doin that lumpy idel) then it just stalled LOL
on first turn over, its smooth as like the 1604 cam, no stalls even wen goin into gear from N... but i swear it gets lumpier, well for me it has...:D

yet to see the real power increase soon wen i get it dialed in !

- Grechie

1/4 Mile Video

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

ive got an EF Fairmont modded for 140.5rwkw I6 5spd.. usig a stage 2 crow cam and other goodies.. Is that new cam of yours from wade bigger in profile than my stage 2 crow cam??? i want to upgrade atm.. sound awesome your cam 8-) my car pulled 14.69 at 93.60 mph with my current setup... im willing to unichip the xr6 computer in my car if thats what it takes...im runnig an EF XR6 head as well atm...

Attachments:
burnout18.jpg
burnout18.jpg [ 52.31 KiB | Viewed 154 times ]

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Manual

VIC, Australia

Grechie wrote:
Hey..after driving it around now for a bit, it has a nice light lumpy feel to it on idle....

i have a auto ebxmple, it dips down about to stall wen u go from either a nuetral position to D or R or goign from D to R it wants to stall...ive stalled it like 4 times yesterday, trying to reverse into maccas carpark, cam to a stop in D, put it in reverse with brake on, and the revs bogged down, then bounced up (doin that lumpy idel) then it just stalled LOL
on first turn over, its smooth as like the 1604 cam, no stalls even wen goin into gear from N... but i swear it gets lumpier, well for me it has...:D

yet to see the real power increase soon wen i get it dialed in !

- Grechie

So this cam needs timing gear? Could you give an indication of how the power feels through the rev range now. In your first post you raved about it but it sounds like now you don't think it's giving you that much more power????

Manual EL Gli.
Mods: Crow Stg3, Chiptorque Dynotune. Lukey Exhaust. DBA slotted rotors, EBC Pads. Whiteline Low Susp. EL GT Swaybars, ROH Envy 17 x235 wheels. Vehicle Datalogger Display V2.0,

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ay spork...yes i beilive this cam will have to be dialed in and or a chiptorque added to it...maybe its the 2.77 dif, or the 4 speed auto (maybe someone can help me out on this one) but my bottom end torque has been rapped from me...its not gone, but its not as strong anymore, i feel power up @ 40-50 km/h on wards in 1st gear, i g tech'd my car, a unfortunate 17.0 seconds 1/4 mile with this 2.77 dif (8.8 to 100km/h), im quiet dissapointed now, somethigns gone wrong...meh ill have to live with it till i find out whats wrong, im runnin stock timing though...

- Grechie

1/4 Mile Video

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Grechie wrote:
ay spork...yes i beilive this cam will have to be dialed in and or a chiptorque added to it...maybe its the 2.77 dif, or the 4 speed auto (maybe someone can help me out on this one) but my bottom end torque has been rapped from me...its not gone, but its not as strong anymore, i feel power up @ 40-50 km/h on wards in 1st gear, i g tech'd my car, a unfortunate 17.0 seconds 1/4 mile with this 2.77 dif (8.8 to 100km/h), im quiet dissapointed now, somethigns gone wrong...meh ill have to live with it till i find out whats wrong, im runnin stock timing though...

- Grechie

lossing bottom end power like that is only a simptom of a bigger than stock cam. you notice it more with an auto that has a stock converter.
getting one with a higher stall speed is the way to fix it

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

dont be surprised about the g tech reading they can be pretty out sometimes

Post subject: Re: New WADECAM 1636 Experiences :D
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:10 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EB falcon 5spd

SA, Australia

Grechie wrote:
Hey guys...after deciding what cam to upgrade to from a stock cam, id defently recommend the 1636, apprently theres only 2 other people with this profile keith russel sed, wen i went to wade on monday, a guy from south australia and a guy from sydney?

anyone know who this guy is in SA, its just livin all the way down here i havnt met anyone with a WADE cam, also does anyone know what sort cams its performance use, i just got my its stage 3 engine in and im pretty happy with the cam. :D

1993 EBII GLI, IT'S PERFORMANCE Stage 3 engine,
XH Snorkel, K+N panel, Pacie 4480, High flow cat,
2.5" Lukey cat back system. Monroe GT Gas shocks + struts.

just dyno'd at 140.9RWKW

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 14 posts ]