New XR6 T void warranty> 

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: New XR6 T void warranty>
Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:24 am 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

G'day guys, I'm putting an order in shortly for an XR6T, :D Its gotta be auto cause I've had a few shoulder reconstructions that make manual a biatch for me to drive a manual. :evil: annoyed about that, cause the 6 speed would be sweet, and I would love a typhoon.

Anyway point of the post is as follows, with the XR6T are there any mechanical mods that can be done without voiding the warranty?

just thinking outloud and would like some peoples thoughts and experiences with Mods and Warranty.

Thanks guys.

Dave :P

I have a car.

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:19 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EL Futura

NSW, Australia

ooo yer im interested in this too...i was thinking new car a while ago but never even considered this..tho then again if its new why the hell r u modding it lol they already look good :P tho exhaust n a few other simple mods i can understand.

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

SA, Australia

If you really are interested in this sort of thing a turbosmart BOV/wastegate can be fitted without voiding the warrantee as they were designed to fit in the same space as the factory one. All you need is a screw driver to fit it. :P

As far as i know thats about all you can do, prolly exhaust , hiflow filters, you might get away with but i doubt headers or nething else would be safe to put on.

I dont know i could be wrong... :roll:

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:58 am 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

probably a good idea to talk to your dealer and his servce manager about what they would be prepared to support. You can get some serious power from the Turbo with a few mods but you can't blame Ford for saying its your mod you warranty it in the car yourself.

Exhaust and diff ratio mods will probably be tolerated but engine management and control mods leave them open to serious claims that they have no control over.

Think about insurance issues too.

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:29 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

that is my school of thought.. pretty much K&N filter, doubt if they would even let me get away with an exhaust.. I was mechanical mods I was looking at, I've heard of reflashing ECU's but.... don't sound too keen on that idea.
BOV..?
yeah perhaps, thats one I would have to double check with ford, cause if set up wrong or too tight, pressure release issues may arise.

I have a car.

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:14 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

any computer mods void the warrenty!

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

SA, Australia

Yeah im pretty sure you would get away with having a BOV.. Surely... as when you buy or upgrade to a new one it comes with a warrantee ne way so if it f*** up then it can always be replaced. :P

I would just check it out ne way, i can get away with a sports exhaust with my XR as it came standard with a 2.5 pipe ne ways so i can always upgrade too. :wink:

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:58 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

exhaust (at least cat back changes) should be fine...

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: Mondeo XR5T

Power: 173 rwkw

NSW, Australia

If your buying the XR6T, why bother modding?

I own a XR6 AUII. I was in the market for the XR6T also. I decided against it just for cost. Now I am fully into modding my AU. I know what mods I can carry out, I know what limitations she will have, and I don't have to worry about warranty.

With the right mods I will blow the XR6T performance out the window by modding my AU in just the right way for a fraction of the cost of a new XR6T (upto $15,000 in well planned and thought through modding or $45,000 for a new car, I know I come out in front).

Being here on this forum is all about having fun with modifying your ford to achieve the best power results. This I can do with my 4 year old AUII XR6. However, if I had the new XR6T, 99% of the fun is gone, sure the power is already there but I would be very limited to what I could mod for another 3 years/100,000 KM.

May be someone else can comment on this question that I pose:-

How much power could you possibley gain by the limited modding you could do to a new XR6T?, and would it be worth it cost wise?

Just a thought, thats all.

Shugg

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:46 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

Maybe check out the Herrod cataloge for go fast parts because the dealers can fit them so they must be covered under warranty. You might pay more but if something goes wrong your covered...just something to think about

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: NL V8 Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Yup Herrod Motorsport through Ford and warranty will be fine.

There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who know binary and those who don't.

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:09 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: baxr6

VIC, Australia

the only thing i no u can do is change exhaust but thats it dont quote me on it though

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

WA, Australia

What ever your dealer says is OK make them put it in writing so they cant backtrack and wipe your warranty.

Had that happen to me.

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:28 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: buick

VIC, Australia

Their quick enough in standed form to digrace a lot of hot cars of the mark so I personally would just keep it clean.

If deciding you want to make your personal changes, you really would only do mild cosmetic changes or a exhaust cat back until warranty has run out. You would not want any technical ways of ford avoiding the warranty. As Disco Frank mentioned don't do any computer mods.

ghiaman

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:41 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

Shugg wrote:
If your buying the XR6T, why bother modding?

I own a XR6 AUII. I was in the market for the XR6T also. I decided against it just for cost. Now I am fully into modding my AU. I know what mods I can carry out, I know what limitations she will have, and I don't have to worry about warranty.

With the right mods I will blow the XR6T performance out the window by modding my AU in just the right way for a fraction of the cost of a new XR6T (upto $15,000 in well planned and thought through modding or $45,000 for a new car, I know I come out in front).

Being here on this forum is all about having fun with modifying your ford to achieve the best power results. This I can do with my 4 year old AUII XR6. However, if I had the new XR6T, 99% of the fun is gone, sure the power is already there but I would be very limited to what I could mod for another 3 years/100,000 KM.

May be someone else can comment on this question that I pose:-

How much power could you possibley gain by the limited modding you could do to a new XR6T?, and would it be worth it cost wise?

Just a thought, thats all.

Shugg

by modding the AU you've already got no warranty, so of course it doesnt matter...
personally i think a BA is twice the car that an AU is, even if it is just for the twin cam I6 and new IRS setup..

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next