Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: Newbie Question
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:51 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF Falcon Gli

VIC, Australia

Hey guys I'm new around here.

Got myself an EF auto with 2.5 inch 'zorst'. Has a flat spot around 60-80 so when I try and accel, i get nothing pretty much! Wondering what could be done to fix it. I'm in economy btw.

Also when I floor it, the sound doesn't sound all that good when it gets in the high rev range. What do you guys recommend? pacemaker ph4499's?

Thanks guys

<B>Mods</B>
Pioneer CD, 2.5 Straight through muffler, Pacemaker PH4480 Extractors, 17' EL GT "Shadow" Rims, Darkest Legal Tint, Clear Side Repeaters, BMC Air Filter, EL XR8 snorkel.

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: EL Falcon GLI

VIC, Australia

good question, im sure someone will come up with some awesome idea, i hope you know your car well, cause sometimes i dont know what they're on about heheh :) someone will say something about changing the differential or something along those lines, cause i think iv asked for a similair question

Buy my car :) cause i just bought a BA XR6 :)

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:57 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Haha I'm all research. I don't know a hell of alot. I just get some ideas or 'brainwaves' from these guys :idea:

<B>Mods</B>
Pioneer CD, 2.5 Straight through muffler, Pacemaker PH4480 Extractors, 17' EL GT "Shadow" Rims, Darkest Legal Tint, Clear Side Repeaters, BMC Air Filter, EL XR8 snorkel.

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

haha, oh man, these guys give HEAPS of ideas, and are responsible for why my car looks the way it does today! although they did try talking me out of having 6 speakers in my car, i went against that and got the 6 anyways :) 2 in the front 2 6X9s in the rear doors and 2 6X9s in the shelf :) its AWESOME! and the blue lights in the foot wells, blue lights on the front :) new alloys :) great stereo system :P umm my FPV car seat covers are the BOMB! and yeah anytime i have a probelm they know the answer! iv saved so much money by doing so much myself!

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:42 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

If only I knew how much they knew!! They got me onto the recomendation of the redback exhaust, fixing the yellow ef headlights, tinted windows was a great help by 'em as well

back to thread title. I rang up and got myself booked in for a rear reso tomorrow morning for $80 fitted. He said because of the longer piping from the rear muff, it was always going to drone.

<B>Mods</B>

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

man i wish i knew what they knew! get a gregorys though! absolute must! i reckon if you read that book twice you'd have the same knowledge as them, but you'd have to understand the meaning of it all, i got a gregories, definatly a great investment! Dunno what id do without it! i use it more for detail of how to pull the car about other than anything else :)

Post subject: Re: Newbie Question
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: Mondeo XR5T

Power: 173 rwkw

NSW, Australia

efbeggza wrote:
Hey guys I'm new around here.

Got myself an EF auto with 2.5 inch 'zorst'. Has a flat spot around 60-80 so when I try and accel, i get nothing pretty much! Wondering what could be done to fix it. I'm in economy btw.

Also when I floor it, the sound doesn't sound all that good when it gets in the high rev range. What do you guys recommend? pacemaker ph4499's?

Thanks guys

It's an auto, so there's your starter. But perhaps it's running a bit rich, or not getting enought air in. Perhaps concentrate on your intake and exhaust first.

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 32 GTR

NSW, Australia

For a quick easy solution beofre you solve it, you can always have it in 1st... at 60 you will be at roughly 4500rpm tap it and you have instant responce :D

237.9 KW ATW

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

Snow_white wrote:
For a quick easy solution beofre you solve it, you can always have it in 1st... at 60 you will be at roughly 4500rpm tap it and you have instant responce :D

3750, but yes, nothing like an auto kicking you right back in your seat like a manual does!!! *starts dreaming of manual again* :lol:

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]