NF brand new water pump cracked 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: NF brand new water pump cracked
Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

Hey

i bought a water pump to suit my 6cyl NF and its only 400kms old and its cracked in a pretty big way to looses water like a tap now this is was from my local car aftermarket supplier it was pretty cheap considering and i didnt get a receipt :(

now this being the 2nd time im replacing the water pump so i want to know if you knows know were the best quality water pumps are

ive heard repco's are fantastic but cant confirm on reliable source

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Post subject: Re: NF brand new water pump cracked
Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:58 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

are you sure you didnt over tighten it causing it to crack???

Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

dad supervised when i installed it and warned me of all that and made sure i didnt do anything like that its cracked near the pully

im also not very strong so its pretty hard for me to install something so tightly it cracks

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

Did you make sure all of the old gasket was removed???.....like at the top where you can't see with out a mirror???

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

yes m8 it was full checked and all old gasket was removed it wasn't a installation error dad supervised and warned me of all hazards and guided me through it and dad has done tones of E series water pumps and this is his first fail one i know there is a chance it was just a factory fault but i would rather put a high quality one on there this time round

i dont like potential fail items on my car and i really dont like doing it a second time round after just doing it and i sure as hell dont wanna do it a third time im just asking for what brand you guys recommend ?

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

Fordsrule174 wrote:
yes m8 it was full checked and all old gasket was removed it wasn't a installation error dad supervised and warned me of all hazards and guided me through it and dad has done tones of E series water pumps and this is his first fail one i know there is a chance it was just a factory fault but i would rather put a high quality one on there this time round

i dont like potential fail items on my car and i really dont like doing it a second time round after just doing it and i sure as hell dont wanna do it a third time im just asking for what brand you guys recommend ?

GMB water pumps....I have used a Silverline brand one before and never had an issue with it.
Just make sure you use good quality coolant/inhibitor, and mixed to the correct ratio.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]