NF Cluster into ED Dashboard 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: NF Cluster into ED Dashboard
Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: VY Commodore Wagon Accli

VIC, Australia

Well, using my friendly search didn't turn up anything, but. Can it be done? or is it just heaps easier to change the whole dash into EF/EL?

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Post subject: Re: NF Cluster into ED Dashboard
Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

oops... betta pm nicko or DCSTRAIGHT to have it moved into where it should be...

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Alright, after some search and a little helping hand from Kyle_Bardell, I found that BenJ has already done this with his old Red EB, and I now have a couple of questions for you :P.

Quote:
1. EA/EB/ED car, with an EL ECU and Engine - No, you can't just put in an EL ECU with an engine running the Log Manifold. ((EDIT - An EL ECU will run a log manifold engine, however they do suffer from overfueling at low to mid rpm due to the mismatch of fuel and ignition maps designed for the BBM manifold, to the log manifold))

What ECU where you running? and where exactly did the EL Engine come from? a GLI?

The ED is a Fairmont, and therefore it is running a ED Fairmont ECU, I have once heard that on the EL ECU's, the Fuel Mappings vary from Model to Model on the ECU's, so if this "Over Fueling" is accouring, would it be better to try and use a different Model ECU to try and counter this?

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

SpeedyED wrote:
Alright, after some search and a little helping hand from Kyle_Bardell, I found that BenJ has already done this with his old Red EB, and I now have a couple of questions for you :P.

Quote:
1. EA/EB/ED car, with an EL ECU and Engine - No, you can't just put in an EL ECU with an engine running the Log Manifold. ((EDIT - An EL ECU will run a log manifold engine, however they do suffer from overfueling at low to mid rpm due to the mismatch of fuel and ignition maps designed for the BBM manifold, to the log manifold))

What ECU where you running? and where exactly did the EL Engine come from? a GLI?

The ED is a Fairmont, and therefore it is running a ED Fairmont ECU, I have once heard that on the EL ECU's, the Fuel Mappings vary from Model to Model on the ECU's, so if this "Over Fueling" is accouring, would it be better to try and use a different Model ECU to try and counter this?

Hi Mate.

What I can say with some certainty, is that in my case, the car started suffering from running rich at idle after I put in the EL Ghia ECU which has the XR Fuel and Ignition Maps. I originally had the Tickford 300kpa Fuel Pressure Reg on, and to try and fix it I replaced it with a standard one. This improved it marginally. Then I put in a base model ECU over the weekend, and it did not improve the idle, or midrange.

Now, it may be the case that my car actually has another problem, and I will be swapping sensors in and out over the next week to try and correct it. I have already swapped in a known good HEGO sensor, with no obvious effect.

I suggest you obtain a EL GLi ECU as they are the most common, plug it in and see how the car goes, than make up your own mind before you dedicate a WHOLE LOT of time and effort in to putting the NF/NL Fairlane cluster in.

If you are serious about going ahead, I am willing to help you. Send me a PM, and we can get together on MSN.

BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Thank you soo much Benj :), I will see what happens when I put in a EL Gli Computer in, I'm running the stock Fuel Reg, but I do have a XR6 one sitting here.

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]