Fordmods Logo

NF Not Happy Cold 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: NF Not Happy Cold
Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

My NF Fairlane has started not liking being cold and taking off otherwise it will almost die its fine once it reachs normal temp any ideas ?

and incase anyone is wondering it idles at roughly 550rpm and and idles fine only just during take off as it will have a big flat spot in acceleration and to get speed i have to put the pedal to the metal then back off and keep doing that till it reachs a temp its happy at running with and if im sitting in the drive way for eg in drive with my foot on the brake the motor will go down to 150rpm and almost die on me

its got 280,000 on the clock and the only thing that has been replacement mechanically that isnt under maintenance is the power steering pump and water pump and maybe the A/C Compressor so the motor has done exceptionally well

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Post subject: Re: NF Not Happy Cold
Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:25 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Head Gasket--If it's losing coolant..

If not losing coolant probably try cleaning the ISC and throttle body with carbi clean. Also test the voltage at the ISC from the ECU output---ISC circuit in ECU can fail. It happened in my EL ECU and was displaying the exact same symptoms that you desribe and only on cold starts...

Coolant temp sensor can also cause problems on cold starts. Simple check is put the dash in diagnostic mode and check the coolant temp. Base lowest value is around 30 degrees at a cold start then should climb...

Current ride 2007
ML GLX Dualcab Triton 4x4

Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

aint loosing coolant and coolant temp sensor works cleaned the isc must be the circuit if thats the case

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:37 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: XH XR6

NSW, Australia

could be lots of things. your inlet manifold gasket could be leaking a little bit when cold. but when it warms up, metal expands, clearances close up. no problem.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]