Fordmods Logo

No brake pedal travel 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: No brake pedal travel
Posted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:00 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 93 LTD dc

The 2 times it has happened the brake pedal did not seem to go down at all or so it seemed.
If the booster is faulty, would you expext to see it repeated everytime you applied the brakes. I just went outside and started the car with foot on brake and pedal went down as normal, but I did notice that when I switched engine off there is only enough boost for one brake application, so mayby it is leaking. Is there a test I can do on the booster, so far it has only done it 2times but I cant drive like this because I cant depend on stopping when I want to. Will check for loose hoses tomorrow.

I have flushed the system, renewed pads although they were still ok. Today I checked the sensors and cleaned the tone wheels at the front, front right sensor is faulty so will replace that. I have been looking for the fuse and relays but cant find them. On the forum they say they are under the coolant res and marked abs. I cant find any fuses there, only about 10 relays, the fuseable link, is that the short cables at the +bat or are they in the connecter. On the forum they say they take the fuse out when they do burnouts to avoid proplems with abs so they must be accessable,(dont do burnouts). The Ellerys doesn't say much about abs, nothing on bleeding and no electric diagrams onley mentions abs in instrument panel, or that my LTD has alum driveshaft.

New sensor fixed the proplemCheers

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]