no rear brakes on NF 

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: no rear brakes on NF
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

kaiden351 wrote:
it appears i have fixed the problem. Or tho i am still eyeing off the ABS unit, The braes are better as i have rear brakes and front brakes, however, he front brakes are NOT compressing against the rotors evenly, I changed the caliper on one side and REGRET IT, It got stuk on and well u can imagine the look of my rotor after that, i changed it again and brakes are better but it is still not compressing evenly, :( anu ideas, i believe once i fix that it i will have great brakes, just then have to fix the abs kicking in way to early, :(

front pistons are cast iron with steel pistons,flash chromed---they sieze up.strip them and inspect,if ok replace the seals.rears are aluminium so you need the seals,by the time you bleed the system,it will have new fluid.if it needs it change or fit new seals in master.how many ks on the car?did mine a 270,000ks

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:35 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 95 NF Fairlane

VIC, Australia

i dont know how many ks they have done, they were changed on the car @ 130, 000 why i dont know I brought the the car at 170k and has now done just shy of 300k. I dont know if they were new or not but there is a recipt witht the books but i will pull the one i have spare apart and see what i can do with it .. Will this cause them to press the outter pads crocked??

93 EB 4 Speed auto , 2 1/2 sports from cat back , pod filter , LSD , super low suspenstion , mok tickford rims 15" , 7 colour changing led parker lights , led no plate lights and still want more .. allooootttttttttttt more ..

"Drive it , Like you stole it " ... so whats your excuse :D

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

kaiden351 wrote:
i dont know how many ks they have done, they were changed on the car @ 130, 000 why i dont know I brought the the car at 170k and has now done just shy of 300k. I dont know if they were new or not but there is a recipt witht the books but i will pull the one i have spare apart and see what i can do with it .. Will this cause them to press the outter pads crocked??

possibly.but the guides can be siezed as well.they should slide easy,the piston should push back with a bit of force if on the car.push on it square and even,the seal is only about 4-5 mm sq.there is a guide lube.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:54 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 95 NF Fairlane

VIC, Australia

hans hartman wrote:
kaiden351 wrote:

possibly.but the guides can be siezed as well.they should slide easy,the piston should push back with a bit of force if on the car.push on it square and even,the seal is only about 4-5 mm sq.there is a guide lube.

lol .. I will wake up soon .. lol .. Yes they were done 2 days ago, I did the guides and they were pretty crappy, so i cleaned them up and relubed the and they all side easy now. sorry man, i thought you were talking about the piston itself.

93 EB 4 Speed auto , 2 1/2 sports from cat back , pod filter , LSD , super low suspenstion , mok tickford rims 15" , 7 colour changing led parker lights , led no plate lights and still want more .. allooootttttttttttt more ..

"Drive it , Like you stole it " ... so whats your excuse :D

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

pitons rust and peel the flash chrome,then seize up,i had to buy new ones from my brake place and seals

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2