no vct on vct 

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: no vct on vct
Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:30 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU VCT,68 LANE,84 COURIER,

QLD, Australia

I know thats why i bought a vct xr6 and it was cheap :D i dont intend to take it off was just misled into what it really does....i like what your doing it cool to see i can imagine your car goes good really good i would say mines lots heavier but can still hold its own against newer cars...so now you know what i ment do you think the vct hides a bigger cam wich is wear it gets it extra power...its not from the head its self the vct head has tinny ports smaller than au stock and much smaller then hybrid el....and had pretty crap flow...i wonder what the cam specs are? big i would think now my head is ported it just smashes the limiter it does nt run out of puff....

YOU CAN LIVE IN A CAR BUT YOU CANT DRIVE A HOUSE

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:42 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

with your new set up you could fit a cam? did you get it assembled or do it your self? i think its a good idea i have a jay car book very interesting... have you posted it up yet

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:03 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

I still think the vct engine has little over a stock intec or hp,its 15 killer wasps,it had a twin system thats gotta be worth some, the rest could just come from tunning to deal with the extra weight and possibly the cam the vct itself just changes the timing...anybody disagree? the XR6 vct au series was really the ducks guts of the single over head cam 4.0 as a whole package 4 electric windows,BTR irs and well thats it and the vct wich refines the engine...

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

The VCT engine was good, but in the grand scheme of things still a bit of a dinosaur technology wise (but then compare car prices to those with better tech)

Mmm double vanos and then valvetronic (around same time as AU: 2001 - continously variable lift and timing)...sexy

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:59 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

Autofast2 wrote:
with your new set up you could fit a cam? did you get it assembled or do it your self? i think its a good idea i have a jay car book very interesting... have you posted it up yet

im thinking an after market cam could be used but depending on how many deg the vct advances or retards the cam..
im thinking the cam would need to be a custom grind..

with the jaycar kit i assembled it my self..
thankfully i have a multimeter as some of those resistors have similar colour codes and its not hard to mix them up...
yea its posted in my build thread around page 19 or 20.
commercial-sponsors-forum-f53/troymans-ed-build-now-fitted-with-au3-vct-engine-t69802-380.html

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:27 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

cool i will have a look.....the cam is moved stuff all if you look at it while its apart....it moves less than a centimetre which you can see when you have it apart....(dont take the vct sprocket off it takes a while to put it back on) the cam is a weird one! i think the key will be duration and how it comes on....hey skidder i ment it was the ducks guts of the falcon 4.0 thats all before the twin cam.... it is only a falcon after all

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:17 pm 

NSW, Australia

Autofast2 wrote:
cool i will have a look.....the cam is moved stuff all if you look at it while its apart....it moves less than a centimetre which you can see when you have it apart

still a cm is a fair bit when it comes to deg.
that would probably amount to 20deg ??

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:02 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

yeah i think that was mentioned before.... so it advances the timing higher in the rpm but that sounds wrong cause when its not hooked up its more slugish down low...so when its hooked up it advances down low and leaves the top end alone? when the vct is not active the sprocket sits in the normal position when you rev it above idle it engages? then drops off at high rpm lets the timing come back to normal otherwise it would be way to advanced? i have had the whole thing apart its meshed gears and oil pressure that change the cam its not as complicated as its made out the switch just lets it work..... what do you think?

Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:00 am 

NSW, Australia

i havnt pulled one apart as yet but the wiring side of it is similar to how the bbm works.
its has power at low rpm and when the power is cut at 3000rpm the cam returns to the no power position..
but what i dont know is when its in the power off position does the oil pressure rotate the cam in the oposite direction or just back to normal.
seeing you have had one appart when the power is cut does the oil pressure move the cam to a specific point..
or is it just normal and advanced..??

Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
Autofast2 wrote:
cool i will have a look.....the cam is moved stuff all if you look at it while its apart....it moves less than a centimetre which you can see when you have it apart

still a cm is a fair bit when it comes to deg.
that would probably amount to 20deg ??

Yep, I don't know exactly but know the vct changes it around 20degrees

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:14 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

yeah it looks like it only goes one way...the gears are cut on an angle so thats how the cam rotates as it pushes in it turns the cam...there is how ever a split in the gear which will stop it twisting unless both gears are lined up i think this is where the oil pressure comes in...maybe.. cause if you get the two lined up the sprocket bottoms out on the cam which means its normal....also there is no solid connection between the cam,the sprocket,and vct... the vct's outer case is connected to the sprocket one part of the meshed gear sits inside the case the other sits against the cam....the whole thing is loaded together and kept suspended by a spring which sits against the cam and forces out against the vct..... wish i could just draw a picture! i will and scan it then post it !!!

Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:22 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

let me know if your revs have dropped at high way driving with the vct engine... i have an idea the cam kinda floats when its not engaged....when you give it some the load of the engine pushes it to normal position....and as you said under three grand its switched on to advance it down low..... has the vct thing been solved ?

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2