Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: Not liking my new exhaust note
Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:28 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL Fairmont

QLD, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
peetys here wrote:
good work guys ! 1 more question ! is just the 1 muffler a stupid idea" or should i definately get a resinator as well !

just fitted a berkley system to our AU, it came with a resonator and a muffler. after a week of head ache inducing drone i bought another muffler to fit to it.
It droned horridly while accelorating at 1800 to 2100rpm, it also droned while cruising a 60km/h.
I was not impressed with it at all.

Should have got the X-Force AU Falcon 2.5in Mandrel Bent live axel sports exhaust with 2 mufflers. Best sounding cat back exhaust available on the market without any drone....................

Current ride 2007
ML GLX Dualcab Triton 4x4

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:26 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

95_EF_Falcon wrote:

I have a 95 EF Falcon GLi and before last weekend i had a 2.5 inch cat back exhaust system on my car and it sounded FULLY SICK MATE! And now I just got a brand new set of Pacemaker competition extractors and a magnaflow high flow cat fitted on my car. I've noticed a power increase and it definitely makes it sound meaner at idle, but i'm not really liking the new exhaust note it makes at around 1400 revs. It kinda sounds like a ricer or something. But anywhere after that, it sounds awesomeness. My mate reckons that because i got brand new parts, it may take a bit of wearing them in before it will go away and sound better. What do you guys think?

Have to catch up and hear if ur zorst sounds better. My DiFilippo's are the same. Sounds lopey at idle but then crap at 1,500-2,000 then goes from 2,250-5,000. I have changed mufflers now cos SuperCat from Fast Fit Hugh St was sh*t and now use a Lukey.

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

I have a 12" glass pack and a hooker aerochamber and I am happy with the note and doesn't drone...wish it was a little quieter though.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3