Fordmods Logo

Notice to all new BA Falcon buyers 

Page 3 of 5 [ 74 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Hilux

VIC, Australia

how about the high Pressure power steering hose?
the old cup holder lids?
the door lock actuators that are still s**t from AU's?
the trans coolers in the radiators busting and leaking coolant into the auto?

im sure there are more

Now driving a Hilux

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: slammed EL

Power: 120 rwkw

SA, Australia

haha my doorlocks are f**k up in my EL.lol
the plastic cable for the inside lock on the passenger side is snaped and everytime i unlock the car it unlocks and locks again.
so i have to quickly open the door then it goes off its nut the lock goes up and down like a yo-yo.
i no how to fix it. all i have to do is change the cable so its all good.

Ford Motor Company
FoMoCo

Holden Motor Company
HoMoCo

Post subject: nothing wrong
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:00 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 1 images

QLD, Australia

wow after reading all of the post my car must one of at kind or something coz i runs good (beats my mates VX commodore supercharged with SS induction pacemaker extractors and a 10psi bost) :lol: i have got just extractors and 2.5 piping any way love the car nothing wrong with it excluding the K's (96000) 4 an 2004 model. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(.Y.)

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 2003 BA XT

Power: 141 rwkw

WA, Australia

I'd like to just clarify this also,

If I had to buy my car over again, I would have paid quicker, and not bothered looking at, and test driving other cars.

Now that she's been serviced properly as well, she's driving even better then perfect.

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EFII Fairmont

WA, Australia

Anyone had issues with the height of their seats. All the journo's say that you sit too high in the BA-BF. Like sitting on the car rather than in the car. Funny thing is they also said this about the EF and EL, which I find to be true.
So what is it with Ford designing seats that too high and the steering wheel so low?

Last edited by Kit on Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

I find the seats quite good, and now ive got the gearbox sorted (thanks Brett) my BA is going ok

Last edited by noisy on Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EFII Fairmont

WA, Australia

What happened to the Subby, and what was wrong with the gearbox, auto or manual?

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Subaru went ages ago, Brett just told me the proper way for checking the fluid level, when i did that and added 500ml all was sweet

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:33 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA Predator

QLD, Australia

Kit wrote:
Anyone had issues with the height of their seats. All the journo's say that you sit too high in the BA-BF. Like sitting on the car rather than in the car. Funny thing is they also said this about the EF and EL, which I find to be true.
So what is it with Ford designing seats that too high and the steering wheel so low?

perhaps they like lookin through the stearing wheel like commy drivers
while im on that ive found out why commy drivers lean in towards the centre of there cars, the stearing wheel is not lined up with the centre of the seat, its a good inch or 2 off centre vn-vs anyway

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:40 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: ED Futura 94

QLD, Australia

SHADOW_351 wrote:
Kit wrote:

while im on that ive found out why commy drivers lean in towards the centre of there cars, the stearing wheel is not lined up with the centre of the seat, its a good inch or 2 off centre vn-vs anyway

While your on that point, has anyone else notice alot of VN - VS commodores front seats leaning to the middle of the car like the centre of the floor is sinking?

- May 1994 ED Falcon Futura sedan
- 4.0L, Auto, 3.23 LSD
- Lukey Extractors
- Lukey Exaust 2¼"
- Custom cold air intake
- Custom grill
- 320000Km. Had it for 5 years and 170 000Km without changing a head gasket. Keep you posted.

- 2003 BA Futura
- That's it for now..... lol.

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: BF XR6 Ute

VIC, Australia

Nato82 wrote:
SHADOW_351 wrote:
Kit wrote:

While your on that point, has anyone else notice alot of VN - VS commodores front seats leaning to the middle of the car like the centre of the floor is sinking?

They come like that standard :lol:

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

i have a 02 futura wagon. 1st reg 03 if that makes any diff. certainly sounds better and thats how it was advt which i was a little annoyed about. i also bought it without looking at it, from qld. i thought 'its a new car and gets such good reports, what can be wrong with it'. had i been aware of all the issues that are mentioned in this thread i would never have bought it sight unseen.

however, i have no issues with mine. it had 100k on it when i bought it so it may have had some warranty work done but am not sure. no brake shudder though although the pads ford use are shocking for brake dust. either that or the rim design (all futura's seem to have black front rims) traps the powder in.

for those who work/worked at ford, what should i be looking out for with the auto?? i have heard a few stories now of trans cooler leaking in the rad. tank. my auto at the moment, when 1st started for the day when cold, will make a whine sound like something pressurizing, when you put it in reverse. only lasts about 10 seconds and then its fine. my local ford dealer is about as helpful as the dealers mentioned on here. it does really seem like they don't want to know about the ba's. before the ba i had an ef xr6 wagon adn on the few occasions i went in there they loved it. if i go in there in my eb i get more respect as its a very tidy unit.

maybe some links to certain forum threads need to be emailed to ford!!

sorry bout the rant. just get paranoid when i read these threads that my ba will start falling apart.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BA XR8 & 06 4x4 Bravo

VIC, Australia

My parents have a BA with 60,000km & haven't had one problem with it.

One of my mates has a BA Toner, its had the Rotors, Auto & Diff done, its done 50,000km..

Another mate has a BA XT with 40,000 & its had a diff done too..

From there reports, Fords customer service really sucks now..

I'll be buying an AU III next, I don't mind how BA's drive & handle, but I don't like the lag with the accelerator or how high the drivers seat is..

'04 BA XR8
Winter White, 5 Speed Manual, Sports Leather, Premium Sound, 2 1/2" Cat Back Exh - no rear Mufflers, Lowered SL/SSL, 20's, Underdrives, BF Typhoon Rear Spoiler, GT Steering Wheel, etc.

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Nato82 wrote:
SHADOW_351 wrote:
Kit wrote:

Yeah mate, I've seen heaps of that happening. I guess atleast our saggy front doors aren't as noticable as that, lol.

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:50 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ed farimont

NSW, Australia

im not going to buy a ba.f**k that.give me a au or a ed any day.thanks for the advise mate.cheers stef

thanks guys

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 5  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next