Fordmods Logo

OH oh what have i done now.... (fixed) 

Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

SA, Australia

Okay yeah thanks, i was asuming thats why the car was running bad in the first place as it has all the symptoms that would suggest it does need to be recalibrated. :)

Driving it last night after work and yes the gearbox is VERY sluggish and did not feel right would take a while for it to get up thier, then shift alot later than usual. :roll:

Damn nice day down here to so i was prepared to pull some stuff appart.. But if i get away with resetting the ecu again and doing the throttle position calibration hopefully that will make things better.

Oh btw i have a weird gas system its from a SA manufacture the converter is a MGA (Mega Gas Australia) and the tank is an APA.

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

ItchiOne wrote:
If it was running fine before disconnecting the battery, then it is highly unlikly that the ISC and throttle body clogged up and the base idle changed while the globes were being changed :shock:
So i would leave that part alone for the moment.

Yes, but it was this comment which got us started:

Quote:

Cause i think i may have actually caused this myself... Well theres that little black plastic thingy that sits on top of the throttle body, (reading the manual) its called the ISC..

Hmm i think i may have put that out of whack or something... Cause i was turning it around but i obviously went the wrong direction!

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:
ItchiOne wrote:
If it was running fine before disconnecting the battery, then it is highly unlikly that the ISC and throttle body clogged up and the base idle changed while the globes were being changed :shock:
So i would leave that part alone for the moment.

Yes, but it was this comment which got us started:

Quote:

Cause i think i may have actually caused this myself... Well theres that little black plastic thingy that sits on top of the throttle body, (reading the manual) its called the ISC..

Hmm i think i may have put that out of whack or something... Cause i was turning it around but i obviously went the wrong direction!

LOL Someone told me that was just a valve or somethng.... That was the only thing i was moving around thou... i thought thats what the idle adjustment was lol... (hmmm yep im still a newbie when it comes to these eseries cars) :roll:

Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Okay car is fixed guys, thank you all for the help it was much appreciated! :P

Turns out the problem was exactly what i thought it would be, the trans did need a throttle position calibration :wink: Did that drove it on petty first bloody smooth as changes, kick backs were strong and firm. then switched it over to LPG and the problem was gone, drives just as good as it did b4.

Ha ha im happy now!!! :D I should be a mechanic damn it lol, all i need it my manual and i would be set! :roll:

Thanks again. Probally a good idea to point this out- if you do disconnect the battery and reset the ecu and you have the BTR trans i would suggest doing the Throttle position calibration! :P follw exactly what i posted about it b4.

Last edited by XRFan101 on Wed May 04, 2005 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 4:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

[self-deleted]

Last edited by blackjack_original on Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 4:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

I was changing the globes over and i couldnt reach the ones on the RH side, so i disconnected the battery made it a s**t easier.

The reason for the TPC working is because it sets the different throttle positions at different invervals so that the shift points and trans work effectively :) Having like it was b4 the idle was everywhere and the trans was not running properly due to this not being done.

If that doesnt clear ne queries up then the only thing i can say is to read the manual lol, im only doing what it tells you to do so yeah. :roll:

Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: GTHO PH 1 EF ex chaser

QLD, Australia

There is a separate Self learn Procedure for the AMS (Autogas Management System,) which should be carried out any time anything is changed in the system. After setting base idle for petrol . :roll: 8-)
This should ONLY be done by a REGISTERED GAS FITTER :!: :!: :!:
tHE PROCEEDURE IS IN THE genuine workshop manual.

Rotten Old Revhead!!! XW GTHO + EF ex cop car (exractors 2.5 cat back zorst !6" Simmons K&N +airbox mods Lowered with Bilstein shocks+Whiteline Bars NEXT THING Swap HO for GTP or Ferrari!

Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 8:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Yeah i had the LPG Base idle adjusted not too long ago, then when i had a saftey check done about a month ago it was readjusted and it was worse than b4 :roll:

Damn it lol, taking my car to my usual mechinic in a couple of weeks to get it looked over again, so he can change it then.

Easy fixed, i myself would never touch it as not only is thier a chance that i might stuff something up but the fact that my car is under warrantee it would void if i did tamper with the system. :roll:

Ne way thanks all for your help :D

Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 8:21 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Futura

WA, Australia

Well Done

Ford Falcon Futura EL 1997 Sedan

Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

LOL thanks but i feel kinda silly about the whole thing, now that i remember when i did my sound system it happened to me also. then i just read the manula and did what it told me, and problem was solved back then too. LOL cant believe i forgot about it!!! :oops:

Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:45 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AU Wagon

NSW, Australia

Bloody good thread! It's the same problem I'm having with mine, after I disconnected the battery to upgrade my stereo. I will try your trick and see what happens.

"Ford" any other machine is just a car!

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3