Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: NEW MACHINE 323i GOES HELL FAST

Power: 169 rwkw

SA, Australia

EBII Falcon wrote:
thanks,

im using castrol magnatec 10-40W, is that ok? cheers

hey i got some xr6/8 machined silver factory wheels if u need in mint cond 15 *7 with tread 255 rear 225 front

eb 4.0 falcon & f150 351 & caprice 5.0

Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 5:19 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EBII GLi

VIC, Australia

should i use the 10-40 magnatec guys?

1992 Ford EBII GLi Sedan Auto
|| Darkest Legal || Stereo: Focal Polyglass, Alpine deck and rears, Audison and Clarion amps, kicker 12" || Alarm || Clear Front Blinkers || Redback zorst 4" chrome dumpy! || Lowered (lows) || 15" EB S-Pack rims || Fairmont Ghia doortrims

Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 6:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

XRFan101 wrote:
Spider_GT wrote:
penrite fully synetic 5 and a k&n oil filter with some nulon performance additive you will br cheering

Yeah i would also agree with that, i had the K&N oil filter on the XF.

Next service i do i will start using the K&N oil filter, see if that makes a difference at all in the XR.. :?

full synth is ok if u have used it from day dot when the car was new magna tec is a very good oil the old eb does not burn a drop of it maybe a bit a of sepage thru the gaskets i use the valvoline vo1 oil filter the top of the motor is clean (as new) and when i pull the old oil :lol: out its still goldie colour at(5000kms)

Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 6:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EB-s

WA, Australia

I just use GTX3, the stuff in the bottle. Hasnt given me any trouble. Make sure that you wipe oil around the rubber seal on the filter. This stops it binding. Make sure the surfaces on the block are clean as well as the filter itself. Also, its a good idea to fill the filter with oil before screwing on your engine. You cant fill it right up, but every little bit counts when you first start the motor. If you leave the plastic cover on the filter while putting it on and tightening up, itll keep it nice and clean. Then just remove before sliding back out from under the car. Drive your car up on some ramps as well, itll let ya get under it much easier. Our driveway points downhill slightly, so that by the time im on the blocks/ramps, the cars back level. And one final note. Make sure you put the sump plug back in before refilling with oil! Easy to forget!

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 6:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

SA, Australia

a1drake wrote:
XRFan101 wrote:
Spider_GT wrote:
penrite fully synetic 5 and a k&n oil filter with some nulon performance additive you will br cheering

Next service i do i will start using the K&N oil filter, see if that makes a difference at all in the XR.. :?

full synth is ok if u have used it from day dot when the car was new magna tec is a very good oil the old eb does not burn a drop of it maybe a bit a of sepage thru the gaskets i use the valvoline vo1 oil filter the top of the motor is clean (as new) and when i pull the old oil :lol: out its still goldie colour at(5000kms)

Yeah my oil in the XR seems to stay fine for ages as well did a service at 9000kms and it looked like new pretty much. :)

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EBII GLi

VIC, Australia

new oil is in...

i ended up using shell "for old cars" 25W-60 as my car has done 280K

thanks for ya help guys

1992 Ford EBII GLi Sedan Auto
|| Darkest Legal || Stereo: Focal Polyglass, Alpine deck and rears, Audison and Clarion amps, kicker 12" || Alarm || Clear Front Blinkers || Redback zorst 4" chrome dumpy! || Lowered (lows) || 15" EB S-Pack rims || Fairmont Ghia doortrims

Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:59 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

VIC, Australia

XRFan101 wrote:
....Next service i do i will start using the K&N oil filter, see if that makes a difference at all in the XR.. :?

An oil filter can only removes relatively large particels of rubbish from the oil.
Since the particles that cause the oil to become dark and thicken are a result of combustion and very much smaller than what a filter can remove, it would make no differance to the color of the oil regardless of the filter you installed.

Save your money and by standard filter @ $7 and use the extra cash on better oil :)

Oh, and the ford service interval for changing oil and filters is 10,000 kms so there is no reason to change oil at 5,000kms unless the oil has become very dark - in which case i would check the compression :)

Cheers

Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 9:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

XRFan101 wrote:
....Next service i do i will start using the K&N oil filter, see if that makes a difference at all in the XR.. :?

Anyone care to explain how an oil filter will improve performance? I'm all up[ for using the best parts, but sometimes the most expensive isn't best, and I don't think I'd want a hi flow oil filter that means not catching all the dirt and whatever.

Post subject: oil & filters
Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 10:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

ItchiOne wrote:
XRFan101 wrote:

An oil filter can only removes relatively large particels of rubbish from the oil.
Since the particles that cause the oil to become dark and thicken are a result of combustion and very much smaller than what a filter can remove, it would make no differance to the color of the oil regardless of the filter you installed.

Save your money and by standard filter @ $7 and use the extra cash on better oil :)

Oh, and the ford service interval for changing oil and filters is 10,000 kms so there is no reason to change oil at 5,000kms unless the oil has become very dark - in which case i would check the compression :)

Cheers

i only pay $ 3.50 4 filters and $23/00 4 oil i only change @5000km because i tend to hammer the car a lot and it takes 6 /8 months to do 5000 kms as it my toy car only drive weekend if iam lucky 8-)

Post subject: lpg use
Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 10:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

XRFan101 wrote:
a1drake wrote:
XRFan101 wrote:
Spider_GT wrote:

Yeah my oil in the XR seems to stay fine for ages as well did a service at 9000kms and it looked like new pretty much. :)

LPG doesnt seem harsh on oil ,keeps its colour 4 a long time my truck burns oil on lpg so i find my self topping up every 2500 kms with about a 1 litre :cry:

Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia & EF XR8

VIC, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
NC 5ltr wrote:
get some of that oil thinning stuff,forget its name,then drive 4 10 minutes then wait for the oil to cool then drain it ,it comes out like water and doesnt leave as much old oil in the engine.

There's a couple of products that do that. Most auto stores should stock em, they'll be called oil flush or something.

or half a lirte of degreaser and half a litre of diesel does the trick. gives the engine a bit of a flush too

Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia & EF XR8

VIC, Australia

XCH45R wrote:
think the drain plug is 18mm? take a rag underneth with ya too.. and of course something to drain the old oil into.. :lol:

use 19mm ring spanner if you can

Post subject: Re: lpg use
Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NC II Fairlane

NSW, Australia

[/quote]
LPG doesnt seem harsh on oil ,keeps its colour 4 a long time my truck burns oil on lpg so i find my self topping up every 2500 kms with about a 1 litre :cry:[/quote]

lpg has no carbon so it stays pretty much clean ,but what u have to look out for is that the oil is not in there for to long say over 12000kms as it gets acidic and eats seals away.

cheers

"Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don't stare at it. It's too risky. You get a sense of it and then you look away."

Now with el thermos fitted.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2