Fordmods Logo

Oil Pressure Sender 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Oil Pressure Sender
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED GLi Classic

VIC, Australia

I have bought an electric oil pressure recently, and I understand that I have to change the oil pressure switch to a sender, the only thing is, I am not 100% sure about where the switch is. I know it's above the oil filter (I have read the tute in 'Changing Clusters' in the technical documents), and I can see a plug sort of thing in the side of the block with a wire coming from just past the dizzy, but I just wanted to check so I was sure. Would be great if anyone can lead me in the right direction? And if so, anyone have good ideas about getting to it? Underneath or on top with the intake manifold off?

Thanks guys.

RIP Chelsea
96 EF2 Gli - T5 / Exedy / Wade 977b / P+P / JMM Extractors, 2.5" / Port matched BBM / and more
bmICE

Post subject: Re: Oil Pressure Sender
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:24 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EB Series II

TAS, Australia

braidy wrote:
I have bought an electric oil pressure recently, and I understand that I have to change the oil pressure switch to a sender, the only thing is, I am not 100% sure about where the switch is. I know it's above the oil filter (I have read the tute in 'Changing Clusters' in the technical documents), and I can see a plug sort of thing in the side of the block with a wire coming from just past the dizzy, but I just wanted to check so I was sure. Would be great if anyone can lead me in the right direction? And if so, anyone have good ideas about getting to it? Underneath or on top with the intake manifold off?

Thanks guys.

hi ok the oil pressure switch is on left hand side of block about middle under the inlet minifold is the oil switch.if you jack up the car on passanger side you should be able to get to the switch to do what you want.

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:42 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EBII T5

VIC, Australia

you should be able to reach the switch from the top... been a while since ive done mine, but from what i remember, just pull that out (on the side of the block), put your new one in, presto, done

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:33 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Ride: BA XR6T

VIC, Australia

i got to mine from the top, by removing the intake piping etc, gave a bit more room to move around.
if you go at it from underneath, remove the oil filter. also do yourself a favour and do it when the motor is cold, also invest in a deep socket set, i butchered the old pressure sensor trying to get it out with a normal size socket

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

plenty of threads on this and which socket you will need to do it properly without damaging the new part!

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]