Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: oil temp guage drops to 0 in my fairlane
Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:43 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

no problem. If the O2 sensor hasn't been replaced before, it is always a good idea to get it replaced. Usual culprit for high fuel consumption.

Vacuum leaks will cause loss of power and rough idle. I'm pretty sure the MAP sensor will give you a rough idle as well. If you can borrow a spare MAP sensor off someone, you can always swap it over and see if it makes any difference before you go out and buy one (not sure what the price is). Someone can correct me if I am wrong there.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:56 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: NL Fairlane

QLD, Australia

phongus wrote:
no problem. If the O2 sensor hasn't been replaced before, it is always a good idea to get it replaced. Usual culprit for high fuel consumption.

Vacuum leaks will cause loss of power and rough idle. I'm pretty sure the MAP sensor will give you a rough idle as well. If you can borrow a spare MAP sensor off someone, you can always swap it over and see if it makes any difference before you go out and buy one (not sure what the price is). Someone can correct me if I am wrong there.

dont think the o2 sensor is never been changed, where do i get one of these from??
only has rough idle when first started in morning but i jus thought it'd be from it being cold? but if i turn my aircon on(last 2days i have had it on cuz i got my front windows tinted) it idles really bad like almost stalls but i jus thought it'd have somethin to do with aircon which im not that fussed about cuz i dont really use it

now has t5 manual conversion, 1521a cam, extractors, j3 etc :) the-garage-f53/nl-fairlane-t87847.html

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:28 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

619GIE wrote:
phongus wrote:

dont think the o2 sensor is never been changed, where do i get one of these from??
only has rough idle when first started in morning but i jus thought it'd be from it being cold? but if i turn my aircon on(last 2days i have had it on cuz i got my front windows tinted) it idles really bad like almost stalls but i jus thought it'd have somethin to do with aircon which im not that fussed about cuz i dont really use it

Not too sure on the air con issue. My revs drop a little and then kick back up when I switch air con on...never had a nearly stall situation.

O2 sensor can be bought from Repco or Bursons. I got mine off Ebay and haven't had issues with it. I'd stick with a BOSCH sensor...but you may be about $80 out of pocket (unless you ebay it)

EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

i personally would never buy anything like that off eBay. it cost me 75 bucks for a oxy sensor, but thats trade price :D

and the stalling could be a ISC issue, not bumping the idle up when the A/C is switched on

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 92 EB s

NSW, Australia

$75 isn't trade price, its a $5 discount. Trade price would be $55-$60.

OP when have youcleaned you're throttle body last?

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:52 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

where is the oxy sensor and iat sensor on my car?? is it a simple job?? if so i'll go upto repco n buy new ones see if that helps with my fuel
cheers fellas

now has t5 manual conversion, 1521a cam, extractors, j3 etc :) the-garage-f53/nl-fairlane-t87847.html

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:11 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Da ltd

VIC, Australia

The o2 sensor is in the exhaust. It screws into the extractors(it does on my car, but I'm preety shaw it's the same) and it's easy to replace. But I don't know where the iat sensor is. Hope this helps :D

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:23 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

1990daseries2 wrote:
The o2 sensor is in the exhaust. It screws into the extractors(it does on my car, but I'm preety shaw it's the same) and it's easy to replace. But I don't know where the iat sensor is. Hope this helps :D

yeh found it, gonna go up to repco n see if this helps my fuel economy

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:46 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

WILDEB wrote:
i personally would never buy anything like that off eBay. it cost me 75 bucks for a oxy sensor, but thats trade price :D

and the stalling could be a ISC issue, not bumping the idle up when the A/C is switched on

Yeah usually I don't buy that kind off stuff off ebay...IIRC the person I bought it off had a shop with excess stock, so sold some on ebay and some at the shop. 6 months warranty, so that was always a bonus. I guess it can be hit and miss with ebay items...but research is key. Also I'm a tight a*** :P.

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

87SIlude wrote:

it's trade price in Bendigo lol

Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:12 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

WILDEB wrote:
87SIlude wrote:

it's trade price in Bendigo lol

alright so today i bought a o2 sensor(bosch) and put it in for $60..mate thats a mechanic hooked his computer thing up to the car to sus the problems out with the oil pressure and other sensors but couldnt pick anything up and he also put a injection cleaner in to flush the injectors n wot not, he said ima have to go to ford n get them to hook ther computer up cuz it'll be a proper ford one not a universal..

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeh those universal things are crap. and injector cleaner is utter crap. doesn't work. if they are gummed up get them cleaned properly

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:39 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

went n had it sussed out at ford today $170 later, clean floors n its a faulty sender unit and need throttle body cleaned, injectors flushed and idle relearn which should solve my rough idle problem

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2