Fordmods Logo

Opinons guys! Help me decide! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Opinons guys! Help me decide!
Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

SA, Australia

ok delimma,

Ive got my DA LTD (with 278,000 on clcok) mods are on the website in my sig. Now im going to buy a EF/EL later on in the year(SEPT?) when i have enough..., now in my car my 3 spd is f**k , ive seen some cheap trans around, yesterday came across a Eb II_ not bad condition, dual fuel,578,000 on the clock, with smartlock. They want $900. Me and my mate were thinkin of goin halves..(he can have complete interor, bumpers and nething else).

My question is for $400(approx) is it worth gassing mine, and 4 spd convting mine... how hard is it with smartlock? will diff fit?

Help guys... if i change all that crap over then ill keep mine for longer, save up more and get a phatter car later.. Help me decide

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

you'll find that the gas system is probably old and some parts will need replacing. also you'll have to have new lines fitted and that all done professionally by law.
also the 4 speed is computer controlled so you will have to hook all that up to (i'm not sure about the 3 speed, but i was under the impression that the controll unit for it is a lot simpler...)!
And after that many kays what condition do you think the tranny is gunna be in?

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

yeh ive asked a few ppl now, and yeah at the time i was just thinkin ah yeah swap this, change this over, move this there and bobs your uncle. Smartlock is a b**ch and i'll need trans ecu, eb's ecu, prolly main wiring harness cuz my harness wont fit the eb ecu..then wat about smartlock..(cluster, igniton) goddam it!!

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

if you want the 4 speed and smartlock, you will need a dash loom from a NCII or later if you still want Climate control etc :wink: . If you have all the parts like me, i reckon smartlock would be easy :wink:

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

seems all too hard unfortantly...ill prolly leave mine...and by an el...no more LWB for me : :cry:

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:41 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: Fairlane

QLD, Australia

Stuff the four speed, wack a manual in!!! The four speed will need custom mounts made up if you originally had a 3 speed, whereas the 5 speed will bolt straight in, and work fine with the 3 speed ecu (trust me, ive done it before). Nothing more fun than a manual lwb!!

EL GLI, White
Power windows, Fairmont/Ghia door trims, converted to manual, extractors, zorst, wade cam, stereo, Tickford ECU, Tickford body kit, XR wheel.....

Mods to come: 3:45 LSD sitting in shed!!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]