Fordmods Logo

P plate power restrictions? important 

Page 2 of 5 [ 66 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: P plate power restrictions? important
Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:26 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 1992 Ford Eb Series 2

hmm you got a good point there all i been thinkin bout is canarys lol...you reckon i could get canaried easily? Xr Side skirts Front bar Rear bar & spoiler Body kit, 18's, super low front, Lows in the rears so its 100mm off the groundand Pod Extractors Sports exhaust 3'' dump tip. Its stands out yes but isnt dumped on its a** so it gets that much attention. Full stressing me out lol..

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

if your worried about getting done, I would put a heat shield over your extractors and put another muffler in your exhaust, get rid of the pod and you should be ok, aslong as you dont drive like a d**k.

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:36 pm 
Stock as a Rock

GeZza200 wrote:
if your worried about getting done, I would put a heat shield over your extractors and put another muffler in your exhaust, get rid of the pod and you should be ok, aslong as you dont drive like a d**k.

i like your idea about the heat shield :) im not too concerned about my pod filter because i have got the original filter cover bolted over the top of the filter totally outer sight u can only see it on one angle.. its just mainly the extractors which is concerning me. how would i go about getting a head shield put onto it though im guessing a normal heat shield wont just fit straight over it lol.
totally forgot about heat shields 8-) smooth idea

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

in nsw ur not allowed to drive a turbo golf (dont know why you would want to anyway), however your allowed to drive a twin turbo V12 diesel aldi that puts out into the low mid 300kws. wow the RTA make sense, im a p plater and my cars modified (with a pod), and further down the track im planing on more mods, i dread the day a cop pulls me over and says "pop the hood" or "what does that switch near the steering wheel do"

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:42 pm 
Stock as a Rock

yeah just a pod you would be sweet..i didnt even know bout the ten percent garbage for p platers i got too carrid away just modding it LOL..but yeh best to try hide things XD...anyone got idea about heatshielding pacemaker extractors?

also i chucked all this stuff on my car when i was on my L plates so the cops i asked didnt have any objections sorta forgot to ask about the p plate laws lol...dam :wink:

Last edited by FordEb'L'unatic on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

FordEb'L'unatic wrote:
GeZza200 wrote:

i like your idea about the heat shield :) im not too concerned about my pod filter because i have got the original filter cover bolted over the top of the filter totally outer sight u can only see it on one angle.. its just mainly the extractors which is concerning me. how would i go about getting a head shield put onto it though im guessing a normal heat shield wont just fit straight over it lol.
totally forgot about heat shields 8-) smooth idea

Mod up a stock exhaust heat shield to fit over the extractors, needs a little bit of a bend, otherwise it should look factory. I have seen it done before.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:52 pm 
Stock as a Rock

hmm alright but doing that would that cause the extractors themselves to become too hot due to the heat shield being so close? and when i put the heat shield on the extractors will you be able to see the blue extractors? if i get that sorted out ill be laughing :lol:

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

hahah nice lol, pods are illegal unless put in a box, and cause its still classified as an engine mod which in nsw you cant have its illegal for p platers, and my pod filter box is a DIY flute board job. but ive done some other stuff to the car thats illegal, in the terms of lighting, at one stage i had blue led parkers in my headlights so from outside looking at the car the headlights looked sky-blue, but the light that was shining was still the normal white, they got replaces with white led parkers pretty quick as the coloured ones where a dodgy design and the headlight heat killed them

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:53 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XH falcon ute

NSW, Australia

he is right it almost looks stock.
but moding cars on p's is where its at.

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:56 pm 
Stock as a Rock

big dell wrote:

oh hell yeh i love moding my car but whats funny is i tried to do all the stuff legal and roadworthy yet i forgot one crutial thing..10% power increase for p platers..LOL! how stupid.
but yeh it looks stock and im guessing its awkward to tell if there is extractors?

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR6, EA Brock Falcon

VIC, Australia

my mate on red p's lost 3 points and copped a fine for having an aftermarket cold air intake on his vt calais poor bugger because it was classed as an engine modifcation just depends what kind of a police officer you deal with

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:08 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XH falcon ute

NSW, Australia

FordEb'L'unatic wrote:
big dell wrote:

oh hell yeh i love moding my car but whats funny is i tried to do all the stuff legal and roadworthy yet i forgot one crutial thing..10% power increase for p platers..LOL! how stupid.
but yeh it looks stock and im guessing its awkward to tell if there is extractors?

how the f**k do they tell.
what are they going to put it on a dyno.
then all you have to do is put a s**t tune on your car when its on the dyno.
well in my experience the police wont do anything at all for a modded car.

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

There is the odd copper out there that actually knows a fair bit about car's. Believe me, I have come across the odd one. Mostly tho, they tend to ask me stupid stuff like "is it factory?" or "how many cylinders does it have?" lol!

Get that POD hidden inside a full airbox to make it legal, otherwise piss it off & fit a stock air box with a K&N filter in there!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:13 pm 
Stock as a Rock

goody21 wrote:
my mate on red p's lost 3 points and copped a fine for having an aftermarket cold air intake on his vt calais poor bugger because it was classed as an engine modifcation just depends what kind of a police officer you deal with

sorry for saying this but you know why? its because he drives a commodore lol i have a reason for saying that. my mate has a VR Commodore sedan stock as a rock nothing at all done to it..cops may look at me and be like yup keep going..me and him sitting in the car with p plates and the cops dont look at any other car just the instant they go pass eyes STRAAIGHT onto the commodore FULL glaring lol. i dont think cops like commodore drivers.

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR6, EA Brock Falcon

VIC, Australia

FordEb'L'unatic wrote:
goody21 wrote:

sorry for saying this but you know why? its because he drives a commodore lol i have a reason for saying that. my mate has a VR Commodore sedan stock as a rock nothing at all done to it..cops may look at me and be like yup keep going..me and him sitting in the car with p plates and the cops dont look at any other car just the instant they go pass eyes STRAAIGHT onto the commodore FULL glaring lol. i dont think cops like commodore drivers.

haha thats what i told him too, to be fair the kid does have it lowered and on 20's so he sort of does ask for it.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 5  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next