Page 3 of 5 [ 66 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: P plate power restrictions? important
Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:17 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 1992 Ford Eb Series 2

goody21 wrote:
FordEb'L'unatic wrote:
goody21 wrote:
my mate on red p's lost 3 points and copped a fine for having an aftermarket cold air intake on his vt calais poor bugger because it was classed as an engine modifcation just depends what kind of a police officer you deal with

sorry for saying this but you know why? its because he drives a commodore lol i have a reason for saying that. my mate has a VR Commodore sedan stock as a rock nothing at all done to it..cops may look at me and be like yup keep going..me and him sitting in the car with p plates and the cops dont look at any other car just the instant they go pass eyes STRAAIGHT onto the commodore FULL glaring lol. i dont think cops like commodore drivers.

haha thats what i told him too, to be fair the kid does have it lowered and on 20's so he sort of does ask for it.

haha guess he sorta does ive kept mine at 100mm off ground all round the car (without people inside) but its got stiff suspension & not chrome rims just some black and silver speedys from bob jane looks nice & suttle :)

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

hears a handy hint i found out from a cousin, (NSW road rules, not sure bout Victoria) if a cop pulls you over for having a exhaust system thats too loud, you can get them to do a decibel reading, if the reading is under its a ok, if not well then yer..., but heres the tip, most cops will rev the engine to get the reading higher, however their not allowed to take a reading from over 3k rpm, so if you even have a cop testing how loud your exhaust is and hes reeving the s**t out of it tell him to piss off cause they cant rev it past 3k

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:20 pm 
Stock as a Rock

winman wrote:
hears a handy hint i found out from a cousin, (NSW road rules, not sure bout Victoria) if a cop pulls you over for having a exhaust system thats too loud, you can get them to do a decibel reading, if the reading is under its a ok, if not well then yer..., but heres the tip, most cops will rev the engine to get the reading higher, however their not allowed to take a reading from over 3k rpm, so if you even have a cop testing how loud your exhaust is and hes reeving the s**t out of it tell him to piss off cause they cant rev it past 3k

nice thanks for the information mine sounds v8 very notey if u squirt it good..but since they cant go past 3k thats a good thing to know :D... still this heat shield problem..do they just need to be bended a little bit then put on jus like that bing bada boom! ?? lol..

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

ive seen someone make a heat shield before but it was for a ba with pacemaker headers, and the heat shield rubbed and scratched his nice polished headers, but from what he said engine bay temps round the radiator tank and break booster where reduced, do what i do if u wanna make a heat shield, experiment with a cardboard template, then if it works in cardboard make the same thing out of metal, just dont go driving with a cardboard heat shield, that could be nasty

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:40 pm 
Stock as a Rock

winman wrote:
ive seen someone make a heat shield before but it was for a ba with pacemaker headers, and the heat shield rubbed and scratched his nice polished headers, but from what he said engine bay temps round the radiator tank and break booster where reduced, do what i do if u wanna make a heat shield, experiment with a cardboard template, then if it works in cardboard make the same thing out of metal, just dont go driving with a cardboard heat shield, that could be nasty

not a bad idea at all..yeah screw the paint on the extractors lol idc it they get banged up a little bit..better then having a cop seeing it :P nice idea ima get stuck into these ideas tomorow..cheers for the help fellas

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

What extractors do you have???....if Pacie 4499's...it'll be easy enough....but, if you have 4480's...thats gunna be harder.

Attachments:
IMGP5256.JPG
IMGP5256.JPG [ 453.58 KiB | Viewed 140 times ]

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:45 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Ef falcon

QLD, Australia

dead set man how are cops going to kno ... you can cam it up as long as ya got a good idal (not overly lumpy or a s**t of a thing to drive) the only way they'll get you is if they get you on a dino (how manny do they carry around in there boot :/ lol an if they full ya engine apart.... .. for ya extractors cover them up with a heat sheld an yeah.... prob solved an cover ya pod up in the box an then you'll be sweet....an they'll won't kno the exact rwkw's it had from factory an yeah

cheers dan

OP20 falcons- legaly harrased falcon!!

if you have to ask how much.....chance is to much

previous builds-
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=97188
the-garage-f53/eb-build-eb-gli-getting-overhauled-t100371.html

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

Tha Cons wrote:
dead set man how are cops going to kno ... you can cam it up as long as ya got a good idal (not overly lumpy or a s**t of a thing to drive) the only way they'll get you is if they get you on a dino (how manny do they carry around in there boot :/ lol an if they full ya engine apart.... .. for ya extractors cover them up with a heat sheld an yeah.... prob solved an cover ya pod up in the box an then you'll be sweet....an they'll won't kno the exact rwkw's it had from factory an yeah

cheers dan

exactly and you can also do ECU mods as long as you dont take it to far (high idle) another thing u can do if you wanna increase take of time is lower the car to min (100MM suggest leaving some spare) then putting on low inch rims like 16" with low profile tyres and with a LSD or 9" you got better off the line there and i can easily say no coppers are gona be aware that was your plan

i personally run a holley high flow with low suspension and 16" low profiles and will be LSD soon and will be doing a cam job and some ECU mods (after ive done the audio and fixed all the tiny paint chips im not happy with)

you can also moddify your stock exhaust to increase flow and no copper can get ya it looks stock

there is probably even more you can do but thats what ive thought of so far

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:37 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EF XR8 5sp

VIC, Australia

I was under the impression that you could have either a pod or extractors on red P plates in vic.
If you had both it would breathe to well and get more performance and be a no no.
I know you can have a sports exhaust as most red P plates in my town have that done and we have a b**ch of a cop who defects all cars but not these.

Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

Are people f**k retarded? No modifications means no modifications.

All well and good to say that some cops might not realise the loud exhaust note and fancy pipes coming off the side of the engine is a modification, but if you ever need to claim have fun getting that one past insurance companies who have teams of people whose sole goal in life is to find ways out of paying up. About the only thing you'd get past insurance is cam/headwork/rebuilt engine (without any exhaust/intake mods).

In the grand scheme of things you only have to wait a few years which isn't that bad compared to how much you'll be paying out if you have an accident and aren't covered by insurance.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:52 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 1993 eb xr6 falcon

VIC, Australia

thats what pisses me off about exhausts and what not is a car cant be past a certan amont of dbs but some fu#&head on a harly can go past and bust your ear drums? :roll:

Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:04 pm 
Stock as a Rock

skidder wrote:
Are people f**k retarded? No modifications means no modifications.

All well and good to say that some cops might not realise the loud exhaust note and fancy pipes coming off the side of the engine is a modification, but if you ever need to claim have fun getting that one past insurance companies who have teams of people whose sole goal in life is to find ways out of paying up. About the only thing you'd get past insurance is cam/headwork/rebuilt engine (without any exhaust/intake mods).

In the grand scheme of things you only have to wait a few years which isn't that bad compared to how much you'll be paying out if you have an accident and aren't covered by insurance.

errr i dunno bout you but my insurance knows everything about my car and they are ok about it.. soo idk what u been smoking..everythin done to the car is legal, Extractors only is not legal for p platers but apparently you can get a excemption i was just told.. but yeh insuranc knows all about it..

Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:43 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XH

NT, Australia

haha you're trying to hide modifications but you told your insurance company all about them. yeah everythings legal but not on your licence and you can be sure the insurance company won't cover you for a car that you aren't allowed to drive. claiming you didn't know about the rules is no defence either.

keep giving them their premiums though. that'll keep them happy given they probably already know they won't have to pay you.

Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:47 pm 
Stock as a Rock

meh im over it now, whateva the f happens, happens. oh and xr6 p plate drivers are going to be illegal soon just to give a heads up to people ;) i can take the xtractors off and its legal for me to drive it or i can just keep it the same and try figure a way around it haha..

Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

The only exemption is if that modified car is the only car in the household and you can't get any stock servicable parts for it. Chucking an exhaust on your car and for the hell of it is in no way a reasonable grounds for an exemption.
As for insurance companies. Its merely their job to exercise their right of a law that most of them don't understand. That is why they will ensure you but if anything happens, they'll bend you over and say that your insurance is void because they "just found out" that you weren't allowed to have said mods. If anything they might try to swap you for motkrsport insurance (which covere's theft from your trailer or garage only).

Either way, your f**k as your policy aint worth the paper its printed on.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 5  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next