Post subject: Re: P plate power restrictions? important
Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ford au

QLD, Australia

Just buy a excel, then you dont have to worry about p plate restrictions

Daily Driver, Series 1 Au Forte

Quote:
Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors

Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
The only exemption is if that modified car is the only car in the household and you can't get any stock servicable parts for it. Chucking an exhaust on your car and for the hell of it is in no way a reasonable grounds for an exemption.
As for insurance companies. Its merely their job to exercise their right of a law that most of them don't understand. That is why they will ensure you but if anything happens, they'll bend you over and say that your insurance is void because they "just found out" that you weren't allowed to have said mods. If anything they might try to swap you for motkrsport insurance (which covere's theft from your trailer or garage only).

Either way, your f**k as your policy aint worth the paper its printed on.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,another piece of paper in the crapper on the nail or on the mags to read.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Insurance knowing about the mods for a P plate driver doesnt make a lick of difference.
A couple of years ago Just Cars got found out on what they were doing.
They were taking on insurance policies with P platers in turbos , V8's etc and charging a fortune to do it.
The kids thought they did the right thing and were covered as they were honest and up front with the insurance company and paid the rip off premiums.
Until it was time to claim..............
Just Cars then would not pay out in the case of an at fault accident because the P plater was not LEGALLY driving the car. They compared it to someone driving p****d. Everything was ok except the driver was not operating the car legally.
A couple of people attempted to take it to court and got nowhere as Just Car stated that they were happy to pay up if the car was stolen etc providing theowner was not illegally using it at the time.
Insurance comapnies LOVE loopholes!

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

FordEb'L'unatic wrote:
skidder wrote:
Are people f**k retarded? No modifications means no modifications.

All well and good to say that some cops might not realise the loud exhaust note and fancy pipes coming off the side of the engine is a modification, but if you ever need to claim have fun getting that one past insurance companies who have teams of people whose sole goal in life is to find ways out of paying up. About the only thing you'd get past insurance is cam/headwork/rebuilt engine (without any exhaust/intake mods).

In the grand scheme of things you only have to wait a few years which isn't that bad compared to how much you'll be paying out if you have an accident and aren't covered by insurance.

errr i dunno bout you but my insurance knows everything about my car and they are ok about it.. soo idk what u been smoking..everythin done to the car is legal, Extractors only is not legal for p platers but apparently you can get a excemption i was just told.. but yeh insuranc knows all about it..

It doesn't matter whether the modifications are covered on the car by your insurance, if you have to claim and you as a P plater are driving a car with modifications they can get out of covering you. Whether something is legal and listed doesn't affect whether you are illegally driving a modified car.

Not smoking anything, I'm in my 3rd year of law though and having done Insurance law (as well as dealth with insurance companies when I have had to claim) know how much of a C*** they are.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
Just Cars...Insurance comapnies LOVE loopholes!

Just Cars is just about the worst of the lot for getting out of paying. They pay a s**t out to support their legal team but as a result save heaps on what they would otherwise be paying out.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1992 EBII Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Just hide it all. A cam would be perfect along with an exhaust/extractors/larger air intake.

They don't catch you and never will unless you're the one in a million, they say they will but this country is ran entirely by the "saying one thing and doing another concept". I'd recommend not having your exhaust too loud however I drove with p plates up, and would've stood out more than any driver as in Narre Warren I seem to be the only capable driver of doing the speed limit. I didn't have an exhaust for 2 weeks and used the car for work on the rd 4hrs a night, if you think a sports exhaust is loud, you'll be shocked at how loud it is without one, like an airport haha.

If you want to figure out the probability of being prosecuted for breaking these power laws then here's the forumla:

Interpret Victoria Polices threats to P platers as literal, then divide by a trillionth.

Sheep will always say you'll get caught, but that's because they're simply sheep.

Fact is more offenders don't get caught than do. So if you want to be as black and white as the Victorian Police force then there can only be one answer, and seeing as the majority don't get caught then you won't get caught. Anyway enough of Police stupidity, I've never heard of anyone being done for power mods, and have heaps of mates on 8's and turbo's who have been pulled over and caught out only to have the cops turn a blind eye.

There's probably more plane crashes than P platers who get caught AND THEN prosecuted for exceeding new age P plater power restrictions. Worst case scenario, they catch you and suspect the car has exceeded the power limit. They can't prosecute you until they have proof, they'll order you to take it to a dyno, so if they do that just remove the camshaft, get it dyno'd then put it back in. There's a million ways to boycott this stupid, superficially implemented law. They can't stop you from swapping parts between the period they pull you over to the period they've ordered you to have the dyno, if you don't want to get caught, you won't get caught.

No point following laws that are corrupt and ignorant, you shouldn't have to suffer due to the stupidity of others.

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

skidder wrote:
Are people f**k retarded? No modifications means no modifications.

All well and good to say that some cops might not realise the loud exhaust note and fancy pipes coming off the side of the engine is a modification, but if you ever need to claim have fun getting that one past insurance companies who have teams of people whose sole goal in life is to find ways out of paying up. About the only thing you'd get past insurance is cam/headwork/rebuilt engine (without any exhaust/intake mods).

In the grand scheme of things you only have to wait a few years which isn't that bad compared to how much you'll be paying out if you have an accident and aren't covered by insurance.

Had an exhaust system on my P's, insurance were aware, made a claim and was paid out with no issues whatsoever.

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:22 am 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

ILLaViTaR wrote:
Had an exhaust system on my P's, insurance were aware, made a claim and was paid out with no issues whatsoever.

Of course. If they know, its ok. It's not their job to enforce state laws, just insure your vehicle based on the information provided.

Skidder's point was directed at the OP. no mods = no mods.

As for you, dont confuse duty of disclosure to your insurance company with state laws for provisional license restrictions.

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
The only exemption is if that modified car is the only car in the household and you can't get any stock servicable parts for it. Chucking an exhaust on your car and for the hell of it is in no way a reasonable grounds for an exemption.
As for insurance companies. Its merely their job to exercise their right of a law that most of them don't understand. That is why they will ensure you but if anything happens, they'll bend you over and say that your insurance is void because they "just found out" that you weren't allowed to have said mods. If anything they might try to swap you for motkrsport insurance (which covere's theft from your trailer or garage only).

Either way, your f**k as your policy aint worth the paper its printed on.

Is that the way it actually is?

I'd assume that the insurance company would be liable as it's their responsibility, not the drivers.

You pay them a premium after informing them of your cars modifications, if they accept payment, then they've accepted to insure you with said modifications.

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Waggin wrote:
ILLaViTaR wrote:

Of course. If they know, its ok. It's not their job to enforce state laws, just insure your vehicle based on the information provided.

Skidder's point was directed at the OP. no mods = no mods.

As for you, dont confuse duty of disclosure to your insurance company with state laws for provisional license restrictions.

I'm confused. I was disagreeing with his statement that if they're aware of the mods they still will find a way to wriggle out of it. Yet I read on and find it is true.

If you call up to insure a car, inform them of mods, inform them you're a P plater, inform them you will be driving said car and that you want to be insured to drive it, then they're accepting to insure you under those conditions, it's legally binding.

How can they escape that? It's disgusting, what loop hole could they possibly exploit? Regardless of the law, they've accepted to insure you under those conditions.

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

ILLaViTaR wrote:
I'm confused. I was disagreeing with his statement that if they're aware of the mods they still will find a way to wriggle out of it. Yet I read on and find it is true.

If you call up to insure a car, inform them of mods, inform them you're a P plater, inform them you will be driving said car and that you want to be insured to drive it, then they're accepting to insure you under those conditions, it's legally binding.

How can they escape that? It's disgusting, what loop hole could they possibly exploit? Regardless of the law, they've accepted to insure you under those conditions.

I think it boils down to who's got the better lawyer, although they could always say your admitting guilt to breaking the laws and possibly turn your details over if you push at it.

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:57 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 2008 BFII Fairmont Ghia

NSW, Australia

while all of the above is well and good, waht it really boils down to is do not drive like a f**k wit. ive got head cam 3.7 diff , uncovered headers and a straight through exhaust. and a straight through is LOUD. like, painfully loud. and ive driven past police stations, in front of, next to and behind coppers, stopped at rbt's, and never a word has been said because i save my hooning for the strip where it actually matters.
drive sensibly on public roads and you wont have an issue. if you want to be an a**hole on the street, flog the falc, buy a vs commonwhore, wear a hat inside your car and you will be all set

Rocky AKA The Tractor- ED Gli head+cam 3.7 limo 2x15' subs - gone but not forgotten
RED-JET - BFII Fairmont Ghia - Under Construction...
Rambo - NCII Fairlane Ghia 5.0l - just a daily runaround...

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

OZBMX wrote:
ILLaViTaR wrote:

I think it boils down to who's got the better lawyer, although they could always say your admitting guilt to breaking the laws and possibly turn your details over if you push at it.

Yes to who has the better lawyer. Yes, they insure your car driving under those conditions, but they don't insure you illegally driving it. You got lucky with your claim, I wouldn't be buying any lottery tickets in the future if I was you :P

Can't be f**k further arguing though, was just offering advice on how things go down in the majority of cases I have seen. Just because someone manages to slip through the cracks (whether because of negligence on part of assessor or because insurance company decided doesn't wanna outlay legal costs because of relatively minor pay out) doesn't mean it will always work this way. In the end I don't give a s**t what any of you do, will hang a turbo off the side if I desire and laugh at P platers arguing whether they can fit an exhaust system.

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

ILLaViTaR wrote:
Regardless of the law, they've accepted to insure you under those conditions.

As a general principle a court won't order in favour of someone who has acted illegally, nor will it order the fulfilment of a contract where one party would be required to do an illegal act.

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

im looking at doing a exhaust system on my car (full system, headers to tip) and im a p plater in NSW, rung up the insurance company, if its legal your a ok, however if its illegal for you to drive, you get no cover. so then i went onto the RTA website and phoned them, this is where the confusion starts, according to the RTA website "engine modifications that require a engineers certificate" are illegal for p platers in nsw. exhaust system doesn't require a certificate, however once i rung the RTA and questioned them i was originally given the A ok to put the system up, because the guy and this is a direct quote "a full exhaust system does not ad power to the car" after i corrected his statement he was quick to withdraw into a shell and claim that its an illegal modification that increases car performance....
its bull s**t, putting premium fuel in my car increases performance, should this be an illegal p plate top up now :?
trying to get a decent correct answer out of the RTA in regards to p plate modifications is like running a race without legs... you aint gonna get anywhere

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 5  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next