Fordmods Logo

p plater mods 

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: p plater mods
Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:49 am 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

Cops hate P platers simple.
I have a C**k up EB Fairmont and yesterday morning got pulled up for RBT. The car in front of me was a Green P plater in a EF Fairmont C**k up a bit too. The cops let me go and pulled him over to the side for a bit of a ball break session. So if i were you id leave it as basic as you can until your off your P's.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:33 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Ford AU series 2 Wagon

VIC, Australia

if i was in your position with the knowledge i know i would be putting in a 3.73 lsd rear differential
making quicker from 0 to 100ksph cops won,t have a damn clue how u got away...

wagoff

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:54 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

cilkorules wrote:
if i was in your position with the knowledge i know i would be putting in a 3.73 lsd rear differential

thats just stupid!!!!
cops wont need to worry about how he got away .. they will be waiting for him at his house as the would have his rego number... :roll: :roll:

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
cilkorules wrote:

thats just stupid!!!!
cops wont need to worry about how he got away .. they will be waiting for him at his house as the would have his rego number... :roll: :roll:

Ditto.

Diff ratio change will be your best bang for buck. Whatever you do, when you change the exhaust get a two muffler system, will keep it a fair bit quieter but still sound decent.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:18 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XH falcon ute

NSW, Australia

diff gears are good but if you do any country driving i would not get anything more than 3.45 as you dont want to rev the a** out of you car.
and as if a NA eb could out run a cop car. and if they managed to there are these thing that we have in Australia that are called licence plates and when the cops put it into there computer the name of the registered driver comes up with there address.

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: f6 rspec

NSW, Australia

according the the rta website, p platers arent aloud to do any modifications that increase engine power output..this was put up about 3 months ago, with no letters sent in my mail..

basically keep it stock looking under the bonnet, get exhaust (two mufflers as mentioned) and if your doing extractors put a heat sheild over it..get a ba intake with k&n panel as it looks stock. internal work they cannot check unless they rip it apart.

id hate for the cops to dyno my car

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: XE 351, EL Fairmont Ghia 5 Litre

NSW, Australia

my mont sits real low, and is really, a easy defect, being a P plater im pulled up alot. just dont be a smart a** to them, they only doing there job trying to keep d**k heads off the road.
being a smart a** or acting all king s**t etc will only entice them to be picky. depends where you live as well, im in medowie = newcastle area, and yeh thursday nights in town do attract ya d**k heads and police.
best way to get some more go is do some internals. and dont drive like with the pedal down a little more then it should be.

Sexy Xe :)

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ford au

QLD, Australia

not sure but, i have had no problems in queensland with my car, with the exhaust or the wheels or the half painted body kit, and i have been pulled over heaps of time and i am a p plater also

Daily Driver, Series 1 Au Forte

Quote:
Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

frd906n wrote:
not sure but, i have had no problems in queensland with my car, with the exhaust or the wheels or the half painted body kit, and i have been pulled over heaps of time and i am a p plater also

And I had no Drama driving a 5L Falcon on my P's.... Gotta love the old system

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ford au

QLD, Australia

hell yeh, drove past heaps of them, not a worry in the world, i love it,

Daily Driver, Series 1 Au Forte

Quote:
Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:52 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XH falcon ute

NSW, Australia

yeah don't worry about it. just do it put extractors on give it a cam as most things that will be done to cars will be illegal in some way so dont drive like a C**k head all the time and don't be much off a smart a** and you will still have lots of problems as you are on your p's. being a smart a** to cops is not the best way to go about it but some times its unavoidable and it makes you feel better. as i have been pulled over 6 times now on my p plates and its getting old as i have had my p's for 5 months. and each time i get pulled over they say that it is random.
so the moral to the story is you will be pulled over even if you drive sensible.

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:09 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ef xr6

VIC, Australia

im selling my ef and most likely buying a xr8 or xr6t but im on my 2nd year of P's if i drive prop and badge it u think ill get pulled over or dont run the risk?

Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

As soon as cops put the rego into their computers it will still come up with your car model.

More importantly your insurance won't pay up if you're in an accident even if you aren't at fault.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:24 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 98 EL futura

NSW, Australia

im on my reds and i have a 5 speed ef xr6 that i think is really low, has extractors and a load exhuast and ive never been pulled over, i have mates with stock commadores that get pulled over all the time because not many idiots drive falcons (well i think) and i drive sensibly and have no dramas, ill see what happens when iv done the intake and put a lumpy cam on it, so i guess its just luck haha.

Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:48 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BF XT Falcon

VIC, Australia

Im driving with a 2.5 inch catback with only one muffler and no resonator.. bloody loud. And also Stockies all round. Never been pulled over for anything, Although i have notices cops sit up my a** for quite a while sometimes, when they do that i just make sure i dont give it any juice to make it noisy hehe.

Just drive sensible and you should be fine.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2