Fordmods Logo

Pacemaker Comps PH4480 power gains? 

Page 3 of 4 [ 47 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:07 am 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

I was very happy with mine. I did a before and after dyno thats in the gallery so you know they worked for me.

Should be able to tell the difference really though.

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:16 am 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

If you look at my dyno results despite all the talk of where they should work they actually gave good gains down low better gains up top and in the mid range not much. this on a BBM AU of course with larger exhaust valves than the E series except XR6.

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

I'm still not sure, but I'm with Frank on this one.

Comp headers, are more designed for top end, so unless your doing over 100km/h and in the high rpm, you wont feel all that much. So they should provide a better 1/4 mile time, as they have the mid and high range down pact (Just my opinion)

Quote:
All our headers are Interference design or T.Y. which are best suited for standard or mildly modified engines revving up to 6,500 RPM. This design gives much higher torque and horsepower figures than tuned type which work well in the mid to high rev range, e.g. 5,000 to 9,000 RPM

When you get your muffler fixed, you might feel some difference, but give it a week or two, and it might change. Remember you've already done a fair amount of mods without the extractors, so the headers might not add that much on top of what you've got.

Cheers

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

LG wrote:

Comp headers, are more designed for top end, so unless your doing over 100km/h and in the high rpm, you wont feel all that much. So they should provide a better 1/4 mile time, as they have the mid and high range down pact (Just my opinion)

Quote:
All our headers are Interference design or T.Y. which are best suited for standard or mildly modified engines revving up to 6,500 RPM. This design gives much higher torque and horsepower figures than tuned type which work well in the mid to high rev range, e.g. 5,000 to 9,000 RPM

Cheers

comp series is only a name.
the ph4088 ARE NOT a competion header.
go have a look at the posted dyno graphs. they show power being up over the entire rev range. not just the top end.

peak power is up by 10kw. you can clearly see the change point for the BBM. right fromt he start of the graph power is up at some points by 10kw but 7kw on average.
if they were are competion header designed for top end power would be down at lower revs.

the ph4088 is an all round header with a focus on low mid power.
just as i have said befor and just as pacemaker said when the ph4088 was realised.

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/gallery. ... f=2058&m=0

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:24 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EB falcon 5spd

SA, Australia

LG wrote:

Quote:

When you get your muffler fixed, you might feel some difference, but give it a week or two, and it might change. Remember you've already done a fair amount of mods without the extractors, so the headers might not add that much on top of what you've got.

Cheers

me too. this isnt the only mod ive got, also stage 3 its engine and xh snorkel and k+n filter and ea tb to abox pipe. all except engine was in before headers and even then i only felt high end gain (realy only in 3rd over 100...whoo!) now with its engine.....WHOOOOOO!

1993 EBII GLI, IT'S PERFORMANCE Stage 3 engine,
XH Snorkel, K+N panel, Pacie 4480, High flow cat,
2.5" Lukey cat back system. Monroe GT Gas shocks + struts.

just dyno'd at 140.9RWKW

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

there's no gain, only reclaiming what you've lost with the restriction in the first place.

smaller primaries are for low down rpm power/torque
bigger primaries are for mid to top end power/torque

they're all good as long as its not tuned headers, unless you're a serious racer.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Futura

SA, Australia

Thanks for all the replies.

Like I said, i should have some dyno charts on saturday to tell me what the difference is. And in the next month I'll be running on two 1/8th strips. I'll be looking for a lower ET (LSD fitted now) and a Higher MPH.

Getting a new muffler fitted on tuesday, so i'll give that some time to burn in, and everthing should be dandy. :)

5 Speed EL Futura
Stock as a rock*
A1 Oils - Synthetic lubricants: www.a1oils.com.au
* A rock that has been Alted

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

Sorry the PH4480s, are a tuned header, which are called Competition Headers, so in that 2nd line, i should of said "Tuned headers, are more..." and The 4480s are a tuned header.

They'll probably provide more power than the 4499, as you dyno up to 180km/h. And a dyno doesnt measure the increase in torque, its the 1/8th times you have to compare between two exact same cars to tell which one has the better low down, and you'll find it should be the 4499. But over a 1/4 the 4480s should do better.

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

LG wrote:
Sorry the PH4480s, are a tuned header, which are called Competition Headers, so in that 2nd line, i should of said "Tuned headers, are more..." and The 4480s are a tuned header.

NO, tuned length does not mean it's more for topend....

you can build a header 'tuned' for any RPM from idle through to as fast as you can spin the engine.

changing pipe size, length and construction changes the rpm range that the header is most efficient..

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Miscellaneo ... theory.htm
http://www.ssheaders.com/header.htm
http://superchevy.com/technical/engines ... 05phr_exh/

i'l save the effort of looking and post some links

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:20 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: buick

VIC, Australia

Good read.
By reading those articals. I get the idea that the 4480 with the longer & smaller pipes are better siuted to street drivability & better fuel comsumption than the 4499 with the larger pipes that benifits on top end.
buickman

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

I got my full system on (4480's) and it's almost the same down low, but it'll rev harder and pulls harder when it revs.

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

LG wrote:

They'll probably provide more power than the 4499, as you dyno up to 180km/h. And a dyno doesnt measure the increase in torque, its the 1/8th times you have to compare between two exact same cars to tell which one has the better low down, and you'll find it should be the 4499. But over a 1/4 the 4480s should do better.
I've checked the site, the 4480s are actually interference or tri-y design. the 4480s looks like 6-2-1 configure with smaller primaries 1 1/2 where the 4499s is more of a 6-3-1 with 15/8 primaries. they're both good according to your needs and what mods you have done.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL XR6 5spd

I agree with tickford_6.

Most of the gains are down low/mid with inceased pull and responsiveness.

I wouldnt get too excited about dyno'ing it, the change would not be dramatic. Peak power is half the story with the main benifit I see being torque.

Compared to a 2.5" cat back alone which had no noticeable effect on anything, the 4480's gave the car a nice improvement with the only mod offering me more being a cam (and im sure the paccies help that along).

It did also make the car quieter, but at that point I was getting sick of the drone so I had few complaints.

EL XR6 5spd

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Slick wrote:
LG wrote:

I've checked the site, the 4480s are actually interference or tri-y design. the 4480s looks like 6-2-1 configure with smaller primaries 1 1/2 where the 4499s is more of a 6-3-1 with 15/8 primaries. they're both good according to your needs and what mods you have done.

i have them bolted to my car. and you have it backwards.

the 4480 are 6-3-1. the site states try-y for headers because they are both a try-y.

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
Slick wrote:
LG wrote:

i have them bolted to my car. and you have it backwards.

the 4480 are 6-3-1. the site states try-y for headers because they are both a try-y.
I know, I should read what I write & correct it before posting. always good to get the facts right. just going by honets engine bay, it looks like 6-2-1 don't you think?

Pakrat wrote:

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next