pacemaker extractors 

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: pacemaker extractors
Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:04 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Bionic BA MkII XR6

Power: 175 rwkw

WA, Australia

How far out from the head do these go sideways?
I have an LPG convertor with a dumb plastic electrical connector that I am hoping won't get in the way....
If it clears, next issue will be whether heat melts it LOL

BIONIC 2005 BA Mk2 XR6 - XR8 Snorkle - Typhoon 2nd CAI - K & N Panel Filter - polished BBM intake - polished ceramic coated Pacemaker 4490 headers - Magnaflow 3.5" high flow Cat - Full mandrel stainless exh syst - 4speed SSS -BPT Custom tune - 20% UDrive - XR8 Calipers/rotors - 175 rwkw

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 02 xls ute 347

SA, Australia

ive had both i noticed the 4480s were better in low down compared to the 4499s
the 4480s scream alot more in the higher rev range which sounds pretty good

im selling some if you want it

02 series 3 AU marline ute 5speed 347 stroker

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:52 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 95 EF Mont

VIC, Australia

how much were you after for them?

1995 EF Ford Falcon Fairmont

2.5" Mandrel bent cat back exhaust
Custom intake snorkel
Clarion 6.5" speakers in front
Sony xplod 6x9's on rear parcel shelf
Twin 12" soundstream Subwoofers in boot
500 Watt alpine amplifier

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

3 things.....

you guys seem to be saying that the tuned length 4480s give better low down torque AND also at high revs......seems to contradict the idea of "tuned length" tho doesnt it? im finding it a littel hard to believe, so what exact rev range are they tuned for?

2ndly why do they charge more for the 4480s theyre the same god damn construction that is just 6 or so pipes welded from the same material.....i guess its cause they can huh....

3rd...you can probably find 4499s on ebay fairly cheaply ($200 or so) and that could affect your decision when it comes to weighing up costs......ive got some 4499s but i havent fitted them yet and id have to seriously consider wether it would be worth shelling out $450 to get an unconfirmed amount of power increase...

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

gogetta wrote:
3 things.....

you guys seem to be saying that the tuned length 4480s give better low down torque AND also at high revs......seems to contradict the idea of "tuned length" tho doesnt it? im finding it a littel hard to believe, so what exact rev range are they tuned for?

2ndly why do they charge more for the 4480s theyre the same god damn construction that is just 6 or so pipes welded from the same material.....i guess its cause they can huh....

3rd...you can probably find 4499s on ebay fairly cheaply ($200 or so) and that could affect your decision when it comes to weighing up costs......ive got some 4499s but i havent fitted them yet and id have to seriously consider wether it would be worth shelling out $450 to get an unconfirmed amount of power increase...

First; the 4480's should give better results over the majority of the rev range compared to 4499's (although I would say the 4499's would be better in the very bottom of the rev range).

Secondly, was that a serious post? While they may charge a bit more because based on the 'competition' name, you can't tell me that 4499's cost the same in production as 4480's (if you haven't realised they aren't the same construction, one is 6-2-1 and one is 6-3-1). Even made out of the same material this is obviously going to result in a difference in price (an extra pipe, more welds, an extra collector, plus more painful to design in the first place).

Thirdly, depends what price you can get each for and what the intention of the car is. If you only intend to do exhaust or maybe even a mild cam then I don't think you could justify getting 4480's as you won't notice that much difference. Personally I would just wait till either option came up second hand and make a grab.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:32 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 95 EF Mont

VIC, Australia

skidder wrote:
gogetta wrote:
3 things.....

First; the 4480's should give better results over the majority of the rev range compared to 4499's (although I would say the 4499's would be better in the very bottom of the rev range).

Secondly, was that a serious post? While they may charge a bit more because based on the 'competition' name, you can't tell me that 4499's cost the same in production as 4480's (if you haven't realised they aren't the same construction, one is 6-2-1 and one is 6-3-1). Even made out of the same material this is obviously going to result in a difference in price (an extra pipe, more welds, an extra collector, plus more painful to design in the first place).

Thirdly, depends what price you can get each for and what the intention of the car is. If you only intend to do exhaust or maybe even a mild cam then I don't think you could justify getting 4480's as you won't notice that much difference. Personally I would just wait till either option came up second hand and make a grab.

well i can get the 4480's for $470 brand new or $300 second hand. im considering getting them 2nd hand and i am planning on doing a cam on the engine so probably would be easier in the long run if i just get the 4480's.

1995 EF Ford Falcon Fairmont

2.5" Mandrel bent cat back exhaust
Custom intake snorkel
Clarion 6.5" speakers in front
Sony xplod 6x9's on rear parcel shelf
Twin 12" soundstream Subwoofers in boot
500 Watt alpine amplifier

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 75th Anniversary Futura

SA, Australia

I have 4480's, but I have a more serious setup that requires the need for them over the 4499's.

Cheers
Shav

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

If you find 4480's for a good price second hand then I would go for it.

Remember with either though you aren't going to lose any torque over the stock manifold.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2