Pacemaker Vs Genie. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Post subject: Pacemaker Vs Genie.
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:29 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: XR6 Wagon

WA, Australia

Does anyone Know what sort of KW difference there might be between Pacie comps and Genie extractors?

ImageImage
EF XR6 Wagon,RPD R6 cam,Wildcat extractors, Magnaflow cat,2.5" Lukey exhhaust.
Too many more too list

Post subject: Re: Pacemaker Vs Genie.
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:39 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 1994 ED FALCON FUTURA

WA, Australia

EFXRWGN wrote:
Does anyone Know what sort of KW difference there might be between Pacie comps and Genie extractors?

no, but pacies are better.

Post subject: Re: Pacemaker Vs Genie.
Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:13 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

VIC, Australia

94FUTURA wrote:
EFXRWGN wrote:

no, but pacies are better.

How..?

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: XC V8

SA, Australia

im going to be going for a set of pacemakers as i have some genieones now but don't like them

1976 XC falcon
182 Clio Sport

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: GTHO PH 1 EF ex chaser

QLD, Australia

Any particular reason why not :roll: :?:

Rotten Old Revhead!!! XW GTHO + EF ex cop car (exractors 2.5 cat back zorst !6" Simmons K&N +airbox mods Lowered with Bilstein shocks+Whiteline Bars NEXT THING Swap HO for GTP or Ferrari!

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

it's not about the kw's, it's about what your after! personally kw's mean s**t to me. what i'm after is more low down balls (i guess torque), when I boot it i want to feel the power down in the low revs, i don't take my car to high revs often at all and i don't dyno it too see peak power. so the pacey comps were my choice as i taked to a lot of people and there was a lot of agreement that the pacey comps looked like a good formula for good low down power!

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:26 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

VIC, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
it's not about the kw's, it's about what your after! personally kw's mean s**t to me. what i'm after is more low down balls (i guess torque), when I boot it i want to feel the power down in the low revs, i don't take my car to high revs often at all and i don't dyno it too see peak power. so the pacey comps were my choice as i taked to a lot of people and there was a lot of agreement that the pacey comps looked like a good formula for good low down power!

I thought they gave you more up top....

Being that they're "competition" extractors, cars competing or racing will see constant high revs...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was how I understood it...

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Tommi wrote:
I thought they gave you more up top....

Being that they're "competition" extractors, cars competing or racing will see constant high revs...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was how I understood it...

Thats what the namewould imply and that's what I also origi8nally believed, but it turned out that there design was good for low down power!

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon EGas

WA, Australia

They have thinner and longer primaries meaning more back pressure more suitable for mid-range power...

BA Falcon Futura on EGas. Stock as...

EF 5 speed manual; PH 4480 Pacemaker Headers; 2 1/2" Lukey Mandrel Bent System; Hi Flow Walker Cat; Stage 3 Crow Cam; ChipTorque Chip; 3" Mandrel Bent Intake; K&N Pod Filter; Low Pedders Suspension; 17" EL GT Champagne Rims; RPM Series Clutch

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

thread mining time....thought i would use this instead of starting a newy 8-)

i know there are like 100 threads on this, but if i could get some answers longer than 3 words that would be awesome. From people who have used either pacie 4499 or 4480 or genie headers (or preferably both) which would you recommend for my car (auto, EL, and soon CMS stage 3 head and cam or similar). Reason is i was gonna go 4480's but went to carline today and the guy loved his genie's, saying he believes they're better than both 4499 and 4480's. Got quoted $1060 for headers, cat and system with 4499 or genies and $100 more with 4480's, haha and this is the cheapest after going to 4 different places.

Thanks

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Well id say you get what you pay for, i noticed a big difference with my 4480's and fuel economy was also better

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

yeah i was under the impression that genie's weren't tuned length and that 4480 were? Also the dude from carline was saying that the pacies have the weld protuding inside the header making cross sectional area smaller at those parts, but from what i gather he didn't believe the genie's did>?

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: 94 Futura

NSW, Australia

Genies if you get them need the extension pipe so you get better torque as that is what I have but I will change to 4480 they look better and don't have a gasket before the cat. Most people will advise you that 4480 are better and ceramic coating is even better.

In Henry I Trust

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: AU2 XR8 ute & 91 EA bitsa

VIC, Australia

I've just added 4480s and a high flow cat to my existing 2.5 inch exhaust for $850. I read over a lot of posts on this site and manufacturers web sites before deciding on them. The car hasn't been on a dyno yet as I'm getting it ready for a ported head & Wade cam. Looking at the specs on all three, there's probably a few kw difference. One thing the exhaust installer mentioned was that the Ford sixes respond well to a 5-10 degree advance in the timing when headers are fitted. This advice will be tested when it goes on the dyno.

If you're into racing, then it becomes more critical. Jim Mock, who some like and others don't, can probably give you more detailed information from his testing.

AU2 XR8 with Raptor VL, ported Yella Terra GT40P heads, Scorpion 1.6 RRs, XE264HR-14 Comp Cam, ceramic coated Hurricane Headers, 60lb injectors, Walbro 255, 200cfi cats, 3" exhaust & Snow Performance water methanol injection

Post subject: pacies
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:39 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF FAIRMONT

VIC, Australia

i got a 5 rwkw gain when i got my 4480 over hi-teks that i had. and lost power down lower in the rev range. 4480s are good but u loose some bottom end bite. mine are for sale as well for $350

WOLF V500, t66(ar70 compressor), rochester 550cc injectors, borgg 265l fuel pump, 48mm turbosmart gate, turbosmart plumb back bov, 600x300x100 cooler, 3 inch zorst , 3.45 lsd, xr6 head, wade 1604 cam, adjustable cam gear, K&N pod filter, on 10psi and manual convertion exedy button clutch. 285.6rwkw

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 15 posts ]