Fordmods Logo

pacie comps vs jmm race series headers 

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

Simple fact is that pacemaker 4499's tri-y or for the extra dollars spent on pacemaker spegetti comp headers(4488's) are s**t hot. Just buy a sent of pacemakers and you will see results with a few dollars left in the wallet.

I am running a set of 4499 pacemakers and the exhaust shop I had replacing the tail pipe said it was one of the best reving I6 motors they have had, in at the shop. So pacemaker standards can't be too bad...............

cheers.....

97 EL Fairmont 4l OHC .Silver.
Exhaust: Pacemaker's, 2.5" exhaust and Hiflow cat
Intake: FRAM AIRHOG , EL GT snorkel
XR6 300kpa fuel reg Stg 2 Auto Shift Kit.6DJA ECU
PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ford au wagon 4.0 na

Power: 170 rwkw

NSW, Australia

On my stock wagon the im Mock headers and 2.5 inch xorst woke the car up big time. I thought I was the king lol... I lined up an eb with what sounded like pacemakers and I can say it was head to head. Not so scientific my test but that was my experience...I remember this because I was dissapointed that day but hey I can honestly say that theyre not all that different than the next one. On the dyno Jim Mock race series headers tend to give a fatter power curve .. This is what makes the cars feel livlier. I still have them on my car.. I suspect they may be at their limit for my car but I could get too greedy and go backwards.

14.77 @92.71mph July 06 14.52@95.68mph July 07 14.241 96.7 MPH in a shoebox/taxi au ford wagon!!Bwahahah still cant believe it!!!

Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

USELESS wrote:
On my stock wagon the im Mock headers and 2.5 inch xorst woke the car up big time. I thought I was the king lol... I lined up an eb with what sounded like pacemakers and I can say it was head to head. Not so scientific my test but that was my experience...I remember this because I was dissapointed that day but hey I can honestly say that theyre not all that different than the next one. On the dyno Jim Mock race series headers tend to give a fatter power curve .. This is what makes the cars feel livlier. I still have them on my car.. I suspect they may be at their limit for my car but I could get too greedy and go backwards.

stock wagon....sounds like pacemakers....headers at their limit...

Not saying you couldn't get better headers, but they would have to be custom made, and if its a stock car (or worked) you have too many skills and spare time (if you make them yourself), too much money and should be spending it on a cam/headwork where you will make more than 1rwkw, or are going through wayyyy too much KY...

Sorry I just don't see how you could be disappointed, from reading that post its a stock car with an exhaust and you wouldn't expect to smash the a***hole out of similar cars (especially an EB which I would assume is lighter) :?

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ford au wagon 4.0 na

Power: 170 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I have a design of headers in my my mind.Jaysen I have also read that exhaust book back to front.

14.77 @92.71mph July 06 14.52@95.68mph July 07 14.241 96.7 MPH in a shoebox/taxi au ford wagon!!Bwahahah still cant believe it!!!

Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

Which book?

I read an awesome that's only a few years old at uni way back at the start of the year, I'll go check what it was called again.

I was going to attempt a set based on 4480's but with longer secondaries and different pipe diameters...I'm gonna wait til I get a bit better at welding though lol

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: V8 T5 Fairmont & BA XR6T

NSW, Australia

Book is called Scientific Design of Exhaust & Intake Systems, its dated however the laws of physics havnt changed, and the properties of waves were discovered some time before this book was ever published. Its a great read, but will take a bit of mind bending to understand what they are on about in some areas, just re-read it and it will all make sense. Probably not necessary for 99.9% of people who want to put an exhaust system on thier car, just the few who might have an interest in it, and never get around to actually doing something about it :wink:

Dima, Mitch & Jay's RPD

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2