Fordmods Logo

Persistent engine problem and an easy vacuum leak doco link 

Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:21 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EB 5Spd

QLD, Australia

no worries glad to be of some assistance :) did you replace the rubber o-ring seal the clip goes into aswell?

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EFII Fairmont

WA, Australia

DrE wrote:
no worries glad to be of some assistance :) did you replace the rubber o-ring seal the clip goes into aswell?

Nah all I've replaced so far is the actual hose tie/clip thing so the hose doesn't moved around on the brake boosters plastic connection. The plastic connection attached to the booster can still be moved around quite a bit. Is it suppose to, see my hose was loose on that plastic connector, as well as the actual plastic bit on the booster being loose aswell.

I say you've helped me improve the situation by about 70%, theres still the odd choking as if flooded on odd mornings when cold. But that could be the injectors that need cleaning also, never done in 5 years.
But the power is on demand all of the time now, very good when in power mode. She slowly revs up to 60KMH @2200 or something, then just kicks and ramps right up hitting 80 or 90 very quickly and pulling very hard.

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:51 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EB 5Spd

QLD, Australia

it is supposed to move a little bit, but not a great deal while your at it id replace that before forking out money on getting injectors cleaned etcc, if your low on funds try a bit of silicon, use black so it doesnt look horrible

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Yep, cheers man.

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Click on the link below for a fast and simple vacuum leak finder doco.

http://www.unlimihost.com/~hamarket/tec ... df#search=

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:25 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: xr6

VIC, Australia

Yeah my car is doing pritty much the same thing as your discribing, i think it might be a fuel problem, i put my mates injectors on my car to see if it ran any better and it might of fractionaly, next i will try fuel pump then fuel regulator.

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: ED Falcon

SA, Australia

I would be looking at the coil or coil pack, next TFI, next clean injectors next replace regulator and finally a new fuel pump.

I post here cos the russian tank driver doesn't

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Yeah grrrr, mines not 100% fixed yet. Now every 10th start up she coughs and splutters and sometimes stalls. It might be my ISC solenoid sticking perhaps??? Yeah and the other problem with the hesitant take off and loss of power has happened again, not as bad as before. I thought it was gone!

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Might be another vacume leak, like the hose around the brake booster.

I have a vacume leak in my EB, and it idles rough when the aircon is on, a little too slow. It also idles a little too fast when cold, but eventually settles down. Takes a little long for the ECU to kick in a slow it down..... This weekend, i'm going to go around and tighten/replace the clips on all my vacume hoses. See if i can't fix the leak. It's bad enough my climate doesn't work properly....

I had really sluggish power, spluttering and even the odd stall, and i replaced the leads, dizzy cap and rotor button, made a huge differance. I've bought a coil to replace the one on the car, but i'm yet to fit it. Gotta get the car up on stands so i can reach under the manifold and fit it. Gotta get good weather to do it.... lol.

The wires are also a bit fscked to my O2 sensor as well. I'm going to rip it off the car and repair the wiring, and then run a multi on it to see if it's ok. If not, it's getting replaced next. Altho they are not cheap, i've been told about $160ish... *eek*

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3