Fordmods Logo

pictures of AU falcon 6 cylinder MAIN CAPS GIRDLE factory 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: pictures of AU falcon 6 cylinder MAIN CAPS GIRDLE factory
Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hi

just posting some pics of a AU falcon 6 sylinder bottom end main cap arrangment , factory built in main cap girdle incorperated into the alloy sump aslo ideal for my turbo EA faclon im building.

Next will modify the subframe crossmember to make the larger sump fit in the EA faclon once modifyed will post some pics.

front crossmember will be tricky but once i have made all the claerances right will jig it all up and fabricate the conversion crossmember
stay posted

cya

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Last edited by FPV_GTp on Fri May 05, 2006 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:30 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

got to love the AU bottom ends!

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

Certainly looks stronger than the e-series. Just wounder why all the effort went in to supporting the crank. Not like e-series had any problems there, and it isnt like ford to toughen the our engines up without a good reason. Not that i am complaining. If only I could work out a way of squeezing one in my ef without hackin up the k-frame..

I didnt think you had to modify the k-frame for ea->ed though. Ive been told all it needs to fit is a bit of grinding to the sump.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

[self-deleted]

Last edited by blackjack_original on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:15 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: FGX xr6

VIC, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
Certainly looks stronger than the e-series. Just wounder why all the effort went in to supporting the crank. Not like e-series had any problems there, and it isnt like ford to toughen the our engines up without a good reason. Not that i am complaining. If only I could work out a way of squeezing one in my ef without hackin up the k-frame..

I didnt think you had to modify the k-frame for ea->ed though. Ive been told all it needs to fit is a bit of grinding to the sump.

I think the main reason they did this was for NVH. Or what Ford call Noise, Vibration and Harshness.

If you get straight out of an EL and jump into an AU you will notice that the engine is a bit more smooth and quite.

-Dave

If you can't do the speed limit, get the F*ck out of the right lane!

Post subject: will it fit
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

stockstandard wrote:

hi

dont know at this stage but will keep you posted as to how much is really needed to make the AU motor fit uterlizing the alloy sump girdle bottom end.

cya

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EA Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

AU into EA, cut the front cross brace square tube about 2 inches fron each end, and weld in a new section just in front of it to keep things square, in the long run you will be glad you did.

Full working BA Shifter now upgraded to BF Shifter.
BA headlight inserts in my EA headlights.

Post subject: have u done one before
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Dellboy999 wrote:
AU into EA, cut the front cross brace square tube about 2 inches fron each end, and weld in a new section just in front of it to keep things square, in the long run you will be glad you did.

hi

have you done a mod like this before if so have you any pics and care to share some info

cya

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF XR6

SA, Australia

nice.
I have never seen a AU bottom end. Thanks for sharing.

Not lost any demerit points

Post subject: pics of the BA falcon turbo I6 engine
Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Dellboy999 wrote:

hi Dellboy999

will do that monday night

be interesting tho

the front brace is easy to modify i will cut that out totally and fabricate a removeable unit for future work on the car , which im sure will make life easier when removing and fitting engines in the engine bay

thanks mate

cya

hi

has anyone any pics of the BA falcon turbo I6 engine
specialy the internals of one or any documentation the BA falcon turbo I6 engine

cya

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]