Fordmods Logo

pod/air filters 

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: pod/air filters
Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

hi.

whats the best way to have a pod filter in and a box made up to hide it to look completely original as following the car not being able to be changed it has to only have the ed snorkel and only the ed snorkel.

is there another way to get more cold air in eg put a boxed pod filter in and use the ed snorkel or a k and n panel filter, which evers cheaper and easier.

just reading other posts to get information too.

also can someone please put dimensions on making a box like ebays boxes for their ed pod filters

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

there is a sticky at the top of this section that says "answers to all of your 6 cyl questions". If you go into it the first thing in there are links to threads on boxing pod filters.

I must tell you though it is a waste of time changing the filter at all unless yours is clogged, in which case you are better off just getting a k&n panel filter which fits straight in and can be cleaned. I doubt there are many N/A 6 falcons out there that suck enough air that running a quality pod over a quality panel filter will make two tenths of f**k all difference on the dyno (but surely it will on people's bum-o-meter as everyone is doing it :roll: )

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

skidder wrote:
there is a sticky at the top of this section that says "answers to all of your 6 cyl questions". If you go into it the first thing in there are links to threads on boxing pod filters.

I must tell you though it is a waste of time changing the filter at all unless yours is clogged, in which case you are better off just getting a k&n panel filter which fits straight in and can be cleaned. I doubt there are many N/A 6 falcons out there that suck enough air that running a quality pod over a quality panel filter will make two tenths of f**k all difference on the dyno (but surely it will on people's bum-o-meter as everyone is doing it :roll: )

My bum-o-meter had me thinking I was getting about 140 to 150 rwhp, but when actually tested, on a dyno, I had 186 rwhp.
Your right though, the ol' bum-o-meter can be out......LOL

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

is it worth putting a pod filter in with a box or just a lukey filter that gives more air

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

i suppose it depends on $$$ and whether you can be bothered fitting a pod?

Personally I would just buy a decent panel filter, but other members might say different.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

cjh wrote:
skidder wrote:

My bum-o-meter had me thinking I was getting about 140 to 150 rwhp, but when actually tested, on a dyno, I had 186 rwhp.
Your right though, the ol' bum-o-meter can be out......LOL

haha, i was just having a go at people who have it in their mind that something "will" make a difference, so they actually think they feel something that's not there.

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: FG 50th Anni G6E Turbo

VIC, Australia

skidder wrote:

Personally I would just buy a decent panel filter, but other members might say different.

Pod's sound cooler. I dont know if they make much difference from a good panel, but the induction note is nice.

Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:15 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ef futura

QLD, Australia

i have ef and i got pod filter but had ta modifie the box little and it pretty easy to do took bout five mins.

ef futura in the process of doin her up nice and neat it will be

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

DoddEA wrote:
skidder wrote:

Pod's sound cooler. I dont know if they make much difference from a good panel, but the induction note is nice.

It's not as noticable when its inside the stock box though (although you can still hear a difference). I was talking purely from a performance side of things.

Haha, that and also I try to keep my cars as quiet (and out of cop lights) as possible :roll:

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 2021 Amarok V6

SA, Australia

just be glad that the sound falcons with pods make is nothing like the sound every VN-VY makes with a pod... something reminiscent of my 20 year old Electrolux vacuum cleaner.

2021 V6 Manual Amarok - 245kw/750nm - many goodies
1997 EL Fairmont Ghia 4.0 - Heritage Green & Cappa
2010 Suzuki GSX650F - when I want to be silly

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:27 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

yea been on p's cops pull me over all time so any mods i do have ta still look stock that the reason i kept it in stock box plus i lost my job and am bit short on cash

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:16 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: el gli manwel

QLD, Australia

I got a pod in factory airbox a k and n one made an adapter up fits without carving up airbox from memory didn't make induction noise louder had a pod fitted to my fairmont without
A airbox still wasn't loud no diff
Maybe im just deaf

THE LOOSEST MUTHA FUKA YOU'VE EVER MET

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:29 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

yea there only a very slight noise

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

and so much easier to get a panel.....

lol

EVL098 wrote:

Post subject: Re: pod/air filters
Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:47 am 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

I have placed a pod filter inside my air box and it works well, it enhances my extractors and cat back exhaust, it goes a lot better than before the filter was put in but am not sure of the quality of my pod so will invest in a K&M filter the old filter is a SCA pod filter from super cheap autos, and you cannot hear it inside the air box. Had to use a 45degree silicon intercooler pipe to fit it to the box inside and a 75mm PVC pipe ?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next