Pod Filters 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: Pod Filters
Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EB S1 3.9L Bush basher

WA, Australia

All info about pod filters and ED Fairmonts thanks

I dont care how fast your car is, mine goes faster through the bush.

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

here's some other helpful info, top right corner of the page, below the advertising banner is the search word, the key word you'd use in your search is "pod". it means you'll get your answers quicker instead of having to wait for people to reply. Good luck, there's heaps of threads so you should find out most of what you need, and if you have any specific questions that wern't answered feel free to post them up!

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:33 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 8 images

VIC, Australia

if u want a quick answer tho.. dont get one unless its properly set up somehwere it wont suck in engine heat. ud be best off gettin a k&n flat panel filter and xh snorkel

Past: 150rwkw 5spd EF Futura - 4499's, 2.5" exh, Intake, Filter, Wade 1636, Head and Valve Work, Raised Comp.

Present: 5spd AUIII XR6 VCT Ute - 4480's, 2.5" exh, Tickford Intake, Pod in Box.
coming soon: 3.9:1 diff, Flashtune.

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EB GLi 4.0L

SA, Australia

i've got a pod filter on my EB.. i cut up the body below where the air box used to be and put a piece of 4" PVC pipe going down with a 90 degree bend that scoops cold air nicely. i also still have the stock air box lid sitting on top of the pod so it gets tons of cold air (and hides from the cops). also u have to hack up the intake pipe so the pod sits in the right spot and doesn't have the stupid choked up bit at the end.

don't know if i get anymore performance but it sounds nice :P

EBII 4.0L GLi | T5 | 3.27 Spool | POD | KKK K27 Turbo | 600x300x76 FMIC | 40mm Wastegate (dead) | RPD Stg1 Cam | B&M Launch Control | Thermos | 3" Dump | Twin 2.25" Zorst | 197kw@3500rpm, 7psi LEAN!

To Come: Hydraulic Handbrake | Coilover Springs | Fuel Pump | Microtech MT8 | 455cc Injectors

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I had the same deal on my ED when it was NA, feltt like it went better, but who knows... sounded cool though

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Yep, a 4 inch tube from the back of the front bumper bended to fire the cold air through the bottom of the filter box is a cheap mod that works great... ive done the job myself!...

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EF SERIES II FAIRMONT

SA, Australia

just installed a monster flow pod. it sucks like a b**ch and the exhaust is f**k loud. personally compared to my panel filter this pod rocks, its no like any standard pod, it has no front rim, it has the back rim and then it goes into a point. i have pick up very good throttle response and alot oif noise.

FORD 1996 EF FAIRMONT ARGON SILVER
18 INCH GT-P WHEELS
POWERCHIP,AWESOME STEREO,MONSTER FLOW POD FILTER
KYB LOWERED SHOCKs & KINGSPRING SUPERLOWS
XTRACTORS 2.5 INCH PIPES HI-FLOW CAT SML STRAIGHT THRU MUFF TWIN TIPS
DBA STREET SERIES SLOTTED ROTORS
*IT'S MY PRIDE & JOY*

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fordfreak ef wrote:
Yep, a 4 inch tube from the back of the front bumper bended to fire the cold air through the bottom of the filter box is a cheap mod that works great... ive done the job myself!...

Taking air from the fron ot the car, while it gives you a bit more power by virtue of the colder air, is actually not as good as you may think.

You want to be taking air from the highest pressure source and you actually get a low pressure around the bumper of a car.

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

True, I tried a few diferent placements in the wheel arch and bumper and some made it worse... I found the best was in the opening under the number plate, but theres a few extra bends needed and it sticks out like dogsballs

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Taking from under the bumper in the middle is probably a lot better that taking it off centre, but you also have a problem there in that the aim of designing a front spoiler is to help reduce under car pressures to give you some ground effect for better grip/stability.

Without doing computer simulations, or using a wind tunnel, you can't tell how effective the bumper/spoiler is in creating that ground effect and hence it's effect on your air intake, but I'd have it a guess that the ground effect created on a standard road car is negligable.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]