Fordmods Logo

Pod fiter mounted into LHF gaurd well???????????? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Pod fiter mounted into LHF gaurd well????????????
Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

Any one done this, was also thinking about just cutting out a 3in hole into the fender and run a secondary intake pipe to the airbox for the panel filter. Just wondering if anyone has mounted a pod filter in the gaurd and the results...........

Last 5 days where I live, every day has been above 40degrees so I am just looking at a better cold/warm intake setup............................

97 EL Fairmont 4l OHC .Silver.
Exhaust: Pacemaker's, 2.5" exhaust and Hiflow cat
Intake: FRAM AIRHOG , EL GT snorkel
XR6 300kpa fuel reg Stg 2 Auto Shift Kit.6DJA ECU
PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Post subject: Re: Pod fiter mounted into LHF gaurd well????????????
Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

ATM using a EF air box lid with the snout hacksawed off at about 76mm, 3in supercheap alloy intake bends and FRAM High Flow Racing Air Filter...........##########$$$$%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Last edited by EL__Fairmont on Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

EL__Fairmont wrote:
Any one done this, was also thinking about just cutting out a 3in hole into the fender and run a secondary intake pipe to the airbox for the panel filter. Just wondering if anyone has mounted a pod filter in the gaurd and the results...........

Last 5 days where I live, every day has been above 40degrees so I am just looking at a better cold/warm intake setup............................

Ive got a 3" plastic flex hose running into the bottom of the airbox on my EF Fairmont. It goes straight thru the inner guard and to the vent in the bumper bar with a alloy bellmouth in front of the opening. Used to have a pod in the box, but IMO i now reckon a pod is overkill on a car say under 150kw.. I noticed not one difference going back to a standard panel paper filter. Anyways....

Even though physics say that you would barely pick up any air because its a low pressure area of the bumper or whatever, the 3" hose from front bar to bottom of the airbox works suprisingly well, may not be as noticeable on day to day driving in warm weather but on a cool night you'll definately feel it.. Havent tried the pod right in front of the vent though, may try that sometime down the track if i take it to the drags or something just for s**t and giggles. Id need a proper 3" pipe to go thru the guard to the bumper for that to work as well as it should though, and theres not a hell of a lot of room to work with, with the ABS unit being right in the way..

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

EL__Fairmont wrote:

Dude, with ambients above 40C, the way you'll get cool air is with a snorkel....about 9,000 feet high.
Sticking it in the guard isn't gonna help...what you gonna do in a torrential down pour???...or water across the road???......bent rods coming up.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:26 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Ford/Fairmont EL

VIC, Australia

hey guys
i have done the same as kwikxr said i have taken a flexible 3" pipe and taken it to the front (space for fog lights ) and it sounds really gud(when takes the breath in it's a different). and there is amazing difference in pick up.but only thing bad about it is in raining u can't stop water going into pod. it's not too much if you shift pod to aside but it will still get wet and that's not for our engines i guess. but i still got the pod thr and it's great..........

Code:
Crazy For Fords :)
[list=][/list]

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:20 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF futura 96

QLD, Australia

As kwikxr said, the air pressure to the side of the front bumper will be less than the centre, but the extra hose through guard is a RamAir device. Firstly its for getting more air but more importantly its there to help air speed.

In your case Fairmont, you've got 3 90 degree turns, one of which is corrugated. So I would try improve airbox to throttle body first.

Snorkel 9000ft high, :lol: , they should bottle that upper atmosphere stuff, its called Nos isnt it??

damn i wish nos was legal in QLD.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]